[1.2.1]Arkas: Development Edition

3 hours ago, MitchS said:

Looking forward to the KIS add-on that includes equippable hooks, a parts pack for 'thopter parts, and a new Kerbal stillsuit for our intrepid exporer, Kuad'Dib. Dare we ask for a new resource to mine for...?

2 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Kpice?...no, no... Kice?... no...
Hmmm... Kepper?...no... Kalt?... no... Khyme?... no... Kumin?...
Hmmm... :P

...I don't follow this, can you people elaborate a bit more? KIS is new to me, never used it. If either of you could give me some more info then I may be able to work with it.

@eloquentJane FF ribbons are working for Arkas, Kras and Vin.

16 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

I don't follow this, can you people elaborate a bit more?

We were making reference (and I guess a bad joke :P ), to the planet Arrakis from the classic "Dune" sci-fi books... Theres ALL kinds of these references made in the release thread for the original version of the mod... :P

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrakis

2 hours ago, eloquentJane said:

In the update from December 6th?

No, the upcoming update. The only thing left to do is run some tests with 1.2.2, which I have not yet done.

2 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

We were making reference (and I guess a bad joke :P ), to the planet Arrakis from the classic "Dune" sci-fi books... Theres ALL kinds of these references made in the release thread for the original version of the mod... :P

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrakis

Ah, I see!

I've been trying to get Arkas to work in 1.2.2. I can get the planet to show up and it appears to work, BUT whenever Arkas is installed my Environmental Visual Enhancements stop working completely (no clouds, etc.) I've tried installing Arkas a few ways (with different texture packs, with and without the EVE sand storm files). Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

3 minutes ago, Swedishish said:

I've been trying to get Arkas to work in 1.2.2. I can get the planet to show up and it appears to work, BUT whenever Arkas is installed my Environmental Visual Enhancements stop working completely (no clouds, etc.) I've tried installing Arkas a few ways (with different texture packs, with and without the EVE sand storm files). Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Leave it to me, I'll release an official 1.2.2 update soon enough.

3 hours ago, Swedishish said:

Ditto

• 1 month later...
51 minutes ago, smokytehbear said:

So just to confirm, Final Frontier ribbons for this are implemented within the game or just custom ones available to hand out?

Any chance we can get this on CKAN?

They are included iirc, let me check real quick.

I hate working with CKAN, so I doubt it. The install instructions should be more than capable of taking people through the installation process as it's as easy as dumping a folder in the right place.

@smokytehbearI can't find the FF ribbons in the download but I recall working on them. I'll search my laptop's hard drive, I'm certain I can find them there.

Edited by The White Guardian

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

OwO looks like arrakis has found its way into ksp

As a big fan of the Dune series - which this planet appears to be based on - I would very much like to incorporate this (and Cyran, if at all possible) into a mod changing a lot of bodies for KSP to fit the story of said mod. Would you allow me to borrow textures/configs with the appropriate edits for said mod? (I know youre not the original developer, but if you have enough authority to grant me permission, it would be really good if you did :D)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, Great mod (and this is my first post) but a Probe I landed on Gilly is getting moved to Vin and I remember seeing somewhere that I would have to insert a line of code into my save to keep my stuff from moving. Can anyone tell me how to keep my lander from getting hurled across the universe?

1 hour ago, VoltronAWK said:

Hey, Great mod (and this is my first post) but a Probe I landed on Gilly is getting moved to Vin and I remember seeing somewhere that I would have to insert a line of code into my save to keep my stuff from moving. Can anyone tell me how to keep my lander from getting hurled across the universe?

I'm updating Arkas to the latest version of KSP and Kopernicus, I'll add a few lines of code that should stop that behavior.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Alaygrounds said:

AAAAAAA ARKUS IS SOO HARD TO INSTALL 
But I think I got it right by following the instructions.
It's just unnecessarily complicated

It's really not that difficult. It's just a matter of dumping some folders into the GameData folder of your KSP directory, which folder you need depends on the resolution, and even then it's just a matter of looking it up in the readme.

For 1.3.X and 1.4.X I could simplify the installation procedure with how Scatterer has been updated (I haven't updated Arkas to 1.3.X+ officially which is why these changes are not present), but nonetheless it definitely is not too complicated.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.