[1.2.1]Arkas: Development Edition

On 4/23/2019 at 11:33 AM, Hotdiggitydog said:

but I'm afraid it might corrupt something.

Make a copy of your KSP install and strip out the weights of any unneeded mods and keep that install for testing. Throw Arkas in it and find out and share the results. I'm very confident it will work just fine but the visual bundle will break. I know this from testing Arkas, Cyran and Cerillion (all of these are The White Guardian's mods) in KSP 1.4. On top of simply turning to garbage (the EVE and scatterer effects), Scatterer 0.05x breaks configs for all versions before this.

3 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Make a copy of your KSP install and strip out the weights of any unneeded mods and keep that install for testing. Throw Arkas in it and find out and share the results. I'm very confident it will work just fine but the visual bundle will break. I know this from testing Arkas, Cyran and Cerillion (all of these are The White Guardian's mods) in KSP 1.4. On top of simply turning to garbage (the EVE and scatterer effects), Scatterer 0.05x breaks configs for all versions before this.

That's all I need. If it doesn't work with visual mods I can't bring myself to install it. I wish this got an update, I miss it.

18 hours ago, Hotdiggitydog said:

That's all I need. If it doesn't work with visual mods I can't bring myself to install it. I wish this got an update, I miss it.

Arkas needs a major overhaul anyway. Much of the surface is just a noisy and bumpy mess, which doesn't look like what is predented in the Lower detail scaledspace.

5 hours ago, GrandProtectorDark said:

Arkas needs a major overhaul anyway. Much of the surface is just a noisy and bumpy mess, which doesn't look like what is predented in the Lower detail scaledspace.

I wish, but seeing how the last update was for 1.2.1, and that The White Guardian only took it on in the absence of the OG dev, I find it unlikely it will get an update.

@Hotdiggitydog I understand your excitment :)
however, please dont start pestering. ;) If TWG wanted to give any moar details only 18hrs after posting his "clue", i'm sure he would have by now.
Also, its usually good forum ettiqutte to *NOT* quote a whole post, and especially one that is right before, or not far above yours...
An @ tag for TWG would have been sufficient, rather than just hitting the *Quote* button ;) ....and I'm not singling you out, I've noticed TONS of people doing this recently... >:(

Edited by Stone Blue

23 hours ago, Hotdiggitydog said:

When could we see this update? Are you talkin in weeks or months?

I'm talking weeks. Don't worry. ;)

@Stone Blue actually, the reasons as to why I didn't go more in-depth is because I'm still not entirely certain what the update will entail. I'm mostly brainstorming currently. Rest assured though that I've gotten some ideas for breathtaking moons that I'll be creating soon, besides an overhaul for Arkas of course. Another reason for my silence is because I was en route for a week long holiday and thus had no internet access for just over a day.

Lastly, a good friend of mine introduced me to a writing technique called 'show, don't tell', which I'll be adopting in teases going forward. As such I'm not going to spill the beans on what I have planned justt, but will instead be dropping hints and pictures approaching release.

Though, as @GrandProtectorDark mentioned, my primary focus is KS3P shortly followed by INSTANTIATOR. After all, primarily the latter will allow me to create some amazing new features, so it's probably best for me to finish those first so I can futher spice up any planet packs I'm working on or maintaining.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.