What was your first post on the KSP forums?

RA3236

On 4/19/2016 at 8:47 PM, Kandjk said:

Mine isn't so interesting, It was a question :P

Few weeks ago I changed it to Russian Gibberishfor fun but I asked how to make a rover. Preferably if I could get it somewhere.

I failed by the way.

Heyy, I remember this thread! :D

Oh, boy, was this terrible:

Please, for the love of God, do not reply to this.  I don't feel like having it bubbling up in Add-on Releases...  As you can tell, my posting style was MUCH different than it was.  For some reason, I was really entertained by the Kerbal smilies.  Also, this was before I noticed that I could tell my computer to accept "Kerbal" as being spelled right, so there's a lot of autocorrected "herbal" instead. :P  This was also when I first met Red Iron Crown.  

Oh, I remember that... I didnt even have the game yet. Played the old demo, landed on the mun and got super excited about KSP. Looking at my first functional mun rocket from back then, it seems like I learned the "if in doubt, add more boosters-" approach pretty quick. :D

Edited by TrooperCooper

Oh, man, the nostalgia! I made an account chiefly because I wanted to be the first person to do the Jool-5 ISRU challenge. Here's my first post:

I was just hinting at the fact that my design was SSTO...The idea of being the first to do something on the internet seemed so prestigious, I couldn't pass it up. Speaking of which, there's something else that no one has ever done in KSP that I also plan to be the first to do... *evil laugh* ...as soon as I can get my computer to quit randomly BSODing. :P

Edited by cubinator

It was this. Since then, I have landed on Moho (in the Mohole, even!) and SpaceX has landed their booster, and a lot of other stuff has happened! Also, this is my 99th post! Yay! I actually joined the forum so I could share this, although it has since been blocked, unblocked, and made private, but the link still works. (Shameless plug)

-Ultimate Steve

EDIT: Oh, wait... I forgot that it was also in my sig.

Edited by Ultimate Steve
Forgot

Commenting on Forgotten Space Program in the mission reports. The thread got sidetracked and everyone was talking about the climate...

Edited by Mjp1050
grumblegrumble editor

I really do not remember my first post. Originally, before the great forum crash of 2012, my user name was adsii. When it told me that it could not find my user name/password invalid. So, at that time, I created this user name.

I'm pretty sure that my first post then was pretty lame, as many of my posts still are... :rolleyes:

• 1 year later...

Hello! Are original ideas also allowed here? (Wich means nothing reallife related, but still detailed and realistic (and 95% stock)). If so, im joining in!

That was on the Constellation Mission Thread. I was kind of a newbie and i wanted to share my stuff, and whenever i look back at that post, it makes me proud of all my newer brain cells i have formed. Luckily and sadly @Majorjim! was th only one who cared.

By the way here is my first spacecraft i posted. Its supposed to be a Soyuz. Yet it does not look anthting like it lol.

4XDONjt.png?1

And like a month later, i decided to make an entire thread about my stuff. Feel free to read!

31 minutes ago, NSEP said:

Snip

Cheers for saying so mate, I will always encourage folks who want to make constellation craft. It's such a challenge and a anyone doing it will learn so much in the process. :)

My first post was back in 2012 (which thankfully survived the great forum purge) and was my extremely newbish attempt at a curiosity type lander/rover setup.

I did my descent on Mun by killing all horizontal velocity while still 30km up and then dropping vertically!! such a newb! 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.