What celestial body will you add into KSP?

ForumUser

9 hours ago, Kerbol Macrosystems said:

Halley's is on a retrograde orbit.  It would take a really big kerbal ship just to be able to stay in its SOI, let alone jump back to a planet.

I did notice that.  Not sure I would implement it in retrograde orbit (assuming I had the skill to mod it in the first place, which I don't).

I like the Idea of a body orbiting like Halley in regular orbit to use as a base.  Since we're talking about making one, why not a comet. Maybe someone will mod it eventually.  But I would love that.
Kinda like that really old 1984 game "The Halley Project" which I played both apple and Atari 130xe.

(In the meantime I am planning a space station that will act as the likes.  With KSP1.1 and OPM these ideas make sense)

On 3/22/2016 at 3:00 PM, regex said:

20 hours ago, Enginerdy said:

I'd like to see a gas giant in a tight orbit of the sun. I'm not sure if this needs to replace Moho, or if we can squeeze it in inside of that orbit. A lot of the planets that have been discovered around other stars have been this type of "hot Jupiter". This was mostly because of the limits of what the early planet finding methods were able to detect, but we do have good evidence that there are a lot of these types of planets out there. I think it would be a lot of fun to explore an object like this in game, and it might serve as a good example to help familiarize people with planet finding science.

Are people actually interested in these?  I've created a hot Jupiter (specifically, a Kepler-7b analogue) and a Sedna analogue, scaled to fit the Kerbal system, for my own use.  Moho is still in place, the hot Jupiter slotted nicely inside.  The Sedna fits in nicely with OPM too, they must have used the same rules I did for scaling (Kerbin = Earth, Jool = Jupiter).  I'm also planning on making a chthonian planet even closer in that the hot Jupiter (COROT-7b analogue), and maybe some other interesting objects we've discovered (like the egg-shaped Haumea and the ringed asteroid 10199 Chariklo), but decided to wait until the dust settles from 1.1 before working on that.

I didn't think anyone would care so I never bothered sharing them anywhere, but I could upload them somewhere if anyone wants.

Edited by JetJaguar
typo

17 minutes ago, JetJaguar said:

Are people actually interested in these?

If I install Kopernicus I'm not going to play at toy scales so ... no from me, although I imagine a nice Sedna analogue would be of interest to OPM players for sure.

I'd like to see a "Dying Duna" or a "Dying Mars" (for RSS)... a version of the red planet with shallow seas and a somewhat thicker atmosphere with a lower average MW (lower due to N2 in it, not just CO2)... representing a point in the past when the atmosphere was being stripped away, and the seas were disappearing... but not gone. There would be seas... not massive ones, but they'd be there. The atmosphere wouldn't be very thick, but it would be thick enough for liquid water... and near the shorelines and in the shallow seas... it would be green...

First I would only change it up a bit. I would clear all the water out of Eve's equatorial regions up to around 20 degrees north/south, I'd add some small lakes to Duna, give Laythe much larger ice sheets, give Eve atmospheric oxygen, and give Tylo water and air and land and ice while also shrinking it somewhat. I would also lower Laythe's sea level and move Kerbin's land around to get rid of the supercontinent (all major land masses are connected). I would probably swap Laythe's and Duna's orbits, and make Vall look like Eeloo with blue stripes instead of brown. Then I'd swap Tylo and Duna. The Jool system, going outwards, would be: Bop (orbiting very closely) Tylo Vall Duna Pol. I would move Ike to orbit Eve and move Gilly to orbit Laythe. Moho stays the same. Dres stays the same. That is what I'd do. Some of this stuff is doable in HyperEdit, but not the amount of oxygen in Eve's atmosphere or the Dunar lakes or Laythe's ice caps or Tylo's modifications or Eve's equatorial no-water and yada yada yada. XD

Then I'd actually add stuff. Like a second gas giant with a Titan analogue and a Mimas analogue. Then wayyyy far out of the system (at least 300 AU) I'd add a red dwarf star with a Jool-sized planet orbiting right next to the star, and a binary rocky planet (larger a Venuslike world, smaller an Earthlike world) further out. Then an ice giant.

Edited by Findthepin1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.