Nighttime // Planes thread

Took these not too long ago -

xIRIaId.jpg

rLVogsW.jpg

Aircraft isn't mine, its infact a beautiful cargo SSTO by Vaos Human, the Star Kestrel Mk9. 36 tons to orbit, I'd really recommend you get one. Great performance for a craft its size. And look at the beauty shots it can create!

Ryan

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Spaceplanes have plane in the name. (anybody else wonder why the english language calls things that fly in the air using wings "planes", which are also 2 dimensional surfaces defined by a set of 3 points?)a6vssy4.png

Edited by qzgy

The Kerman sisters take their Flyer out to the western desert. Unexpectedly, it kept flying at night...

6NKvuVL.png

(The rotors do run out of battery at night, but that just makes them no longer respond to commands... they keep running.)

• 2 months later...

sV8pbWu.jpg

Not a real one, but an edited screenshot. I might try editing it again to add glow from the engines

Edit (Spoiler because it's off-topic): 

Spoiler
On 07/05/2017 at 3:22 AM, qzgy said:

Spaceplanes have plane in the name. (anybody else wonder why the english language calls things that fly in the air using wings "planes", which are also 2 dimensional surfaces defined by a set of 3 points?)

Nice looking plane! I like the engine layout.

Plane is short for aeroplane as I'm sure you know, and  quick search reveals that aeroplane is from the French/Greek aero (air) and the either the latin planus (level) Greek planos (wandering) but I'm guessing it's the Greek. So a spaceplane is a space wanderer...

Actually that might be wrong- 'planer' is the French word for 'to soar' so it could be that too

Edited by Skylon

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.