Duna pyramid/SSTV code

Bobdabiulder

Hi!  I was doing some research on Duna, and stumbled across threads about a "secret SSTV code".  My questions:

Is this still in existence?

Has the code been cracked?

Is Ike the Death Star?

And most importantly... Where is the sound located in the KSP install?

3 hours ago, Bobdabiulder said:

And most importantly... Where is the sound located in the KSP install?

GameData\Squad\Sounds

However some of it is compiled and cannot be accessed, including the music and the SSTV signal.

Wow... My current interpretation, even though it seems useless now, is that there is a hidden magma deposit underneath our beloved Duna, and that Ike is the deathstar ;)  Or maybe the black stuff in the bottom right as seen on Tanner's post in the thread reference below where he ran it through a filter, maybe that stuff is some type of map of a future/current planet.

Did nova quit?  We need more Easter eggs!

4 hours ago, Veeltch said:

Too bad this image is meaningless since NovaSilisko didn't have the chance to work on planets some more.

It could have been so awesome.. I hope they add more things like this to the game. It needs them.

1 hour ago, Bobdabiulder said:

I found an old thread, here is the story with plans ETC for this, posted by Nova: http://pastebin.com/3vvjushy

Just don't discuss it too openly. I did once and Nova didn't like it so the thread was locked. It is understandable as it must be quite painful as he put a lot of work and thought into a cancelled feature..

1 hour ago, Majorjim said:

Just don't discuss it too openly. I did once and Nova didn't like it so the thread was locked. It is understandable as it must be quite painful as he put a lot of work and thought into a cancelled feature..

Ok?  I'm not criticizing him or anything... 

On 3/21/2016 at 7:13 PM, Alshain said:

GameData\Squad\Sounds

However some of it is compiled and cannot be accessed, including the music and the SSTV signal.

Why did they make it inaccessible? I feel like we should be able to mod the music. I don't like icompetech that much, I have different tastes. 

15 hours ago, HoloYolo said:

Why did they make it inaccessible? I feel like we should be able to mod the music. I don't like icompetech that much, I have different tastes. 

Well it's hard to say without more knowledge of how Unity works with audio files, but the opening theme is proprietary so it certainly makes sense to restrict it.  As for the rest of the music, I can't say why it would be restricted, but it is by Kevin McCloud and can be obtained from his website and used without licensing for any purpose.

Edited by Alshain

The absence of the SSTV sound is sad but not as sad as the absence of magic boulder and other lost easter eggs, which should've been a priority for Squad.

I didn't really appreciate any update Squad did since the ARM update. Thankfully modders are doing great work so I keep coming back from time to time.

(Don't hate me, the upcoming update looks really great, but the lack of new planets/intersting systems (weather, caves, life support, ScanSat-like mappaing, craft museum, kerbal achievements, population, robotics, KAS-like system...the ideas are endless) left me a bit underwhelmed. We got ISRU but doesn't really have much impact on gameplay.)

I love KSP (best game ever) and Squad (best devs ever) but... priorities.

Edited by theend3r

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.