What did you build two years ago?

I had to dig deep but I found it. Today, exactly 2 years and half an hour ago I made this screenshot. The most useless thing I ever build: Damocles.

http://tex.texel.com/ksp023/screenshot14.2.png

It was one hell of a nightmare to launch with all those wing parts in front of the CoG.

It was also the period I first started using my SSLS (Stable Shuttle Launch System).

SSLS1.png
SSLS2.png
SSLS3.png
SSLS4.png
SSLS5.png

Edited by Tex_NL
Typo

2 years ago I was on my way to Jool to do the Jool 5 challenge in this

3GUUL1U.png

EDIT : @Tex_NL you can add images better if you use the `insert other media` on the bottom right when you post and select `insert image from URL`

Edited by John FX

I just looked back and I was building as I do now, lots and lots of stock replicas!

Nearly two years ago I made a full, stock constellation pack:

And a three kerbal Dream chaser:

And a batman tumber car:

And a short wheel base land rover:

And a Kerbalised N-1 Mun rocket:

And my first LLTV replica:

And a mini version called the WASP:

And my first Rolls Royce Thrust measuring rig:

And my Biplane with I believe the first ever open custom cockpit posted to the forums:

And Chang'e rocket with Jade rabbit lander:

And my Space X dragon rider:

And L.A.D.E.E fully SRB rocket:

And my first Saturn V rocket 'Selene':

Oh and the very first craft I ever posted to these forums my Mun lander LOTUS:

DA167F70CE25903A2CE455E2A6775FF2802F57F5

Yup, I make a lot of craft.

MJ

4 minutes ago, John FX said:

EDIT : @Tex_NL you can add images better if you use the `insert other media` on the bottom right when you post and select `insert image from URL`

Why would I use a crappy feature like that if I can directly paste either the URL or image directly?

1 minute ago, Tex_NL said:

Why would I use a crappy feature like that if I can directly paste either the URL or image directly?

Because you can`t?

You can`t directly paste the image any more and your URL is not a link now either because the forum does not work that way, it used to but no longer does.

I know I`m not seeing images in your post, are you?

I can`t select the text of your images, click on the or see images but everyone else has images in their post.

2 minutes ago, John FX said:

Because you can`t?

You can`t directly paste the image any more and your URL is not a link now either because the forum does not work that way, it used to but no longer does.

I know I`m not seeing images in your post, are you?

I can`t select the text of your images, click on the or see images but everyone else has images in their post.

Well. Than that must be an error on your side because that IS how the forum works.
Just to be sure I checked this thread on my phone (my phone never accessed this thread or those images before) and the show just fine.

Crikey, did we really have the upgraded space center two years ago?! Feels like that was a more recent addition.  How time flies!

Two years ago(ish) I did a couple vid's of doing stock career in two launches: 
part 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZkwoomnDFM
part 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPVXTRLZFUQ
(omg forum, I actually just want to paste them as links, stop trying so hard)

Then I started work on KerbalX.com and don't seem to have really done anything particularly noteworthy in KSP since then! :( Makes me kinda sad thinking about it, really need to get back into playing!

1 hour ago, katateochi said:

Crikey, did we really have the upgraded space center two years ago?! Feels like that was a more recent addition.  How time flies!

Then I started work on KerbalX.com and don't seem to have really done anything particularly noteworthy in KSP since then! :( Makes me kinda sad thinking about it, really need to get back into playing!

What about your 'tour de force'? The modded constellation mission and video?!

Two years ago... I can't believe this was two years ago already...

qKhju3K.png

The most sophisticated mission I've ever done was this Grand Tour. I landed everywhere and returned with the Enterprise there. Granted, the two landers docked to it weren't the only vehicles I used for shuttling around, but they were the most often used. It was a headache and a half, but I can at least say that I did it.

Never. Again.

:P

40 minutes ago, Majorjim said:

What about your 'tour de force'? The modded constellation mission and video?!

That was back in July 2013, so many Muns ago! KSC was still the old style back then. Can't believe how much time has passed, it's a bit scary really!

2 hours ago, katateochi said:

Hey, just a quick off topic question, why does KerbalX see KerbPaint as a mod and not MechJeb for all, or Tweakscale?They all leave traces in the craft file, but do not affect stock craft I was just wondering about the discrepency. Its difficult to strip the KerbPaint stuff out but I want people to find the craft in a stock craft search?

Oh my, those were the days. I had recently released the grandfather of the Claymore, the Broadsword, and was busy building a space station with a truly reusable SSTO. As in, I only launched it once and reloaded it on the ground, without recovering the ship, because there was no recover button back then.

56nEzyy.png

And I was just about to release the General Lifters line of boosters the next month, so I was probably also launching a lot of rockets.

91qd6aD.jpg

Rune. Man that takes me back!

Well, 2 years ago was before I joined the forums, but if I remember correctly, I was constructing a ship to take Kerbals to Eve (one of the many attempts that I have never completed)

I remember this particular one because when I had it make its transfer burn for Eve, it flew within a kilometer and a half (completely by accident) of a space station I also had in orbit. Unfortately, I think an update hit and I lost the save with that ship in it. 

One day I will send Kerbals to another planet, but not this day.

I'm not exactly sure of the definition of two years ago so I decided to do some digging and this is what I found:

2015 -- March 20 (Three days ago) I was working and released my first version of Inigma's Space Shuttle fit onto a Boeing 747 I made (I have to say.. Pretty much every other airliner I built was inspired from it)

2014: I.. don't know actually, I wasn't as addicted to KSP during this time as I was in the recent years. I did play KSP already. I wasn't building replicas, I was most focused on learning the game. 

This album is in a few days exactly 2 years old. It shows my first operational space shuttle launching and visiting my ring station aptly named Saturn.

I used to be all about SSTO's at the time, and didn't build much shuttles after this one.
about a year ago my interest turned more towards space shuttles and I have been building loads of em since then.

My most productive time!

I built lots of SSTOs and planes.  Wait... that's Still what I do.

These and like, 3 times more... nuts.  And building aesthetically was a PAIN back then without Rotate and Offset (thank you squad)!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.