PS4 Release????(July 12)

LTPug

@Tourist Well it's difficult to gauge, it's my perception anyway.  I don't think there is really any way to prove it one way or the other.  I hated Assasin's Creed, I only ever played the first so I wouldn't know about that one.  Ultimately it really doesn't matter, it's beyond the point of no return now, so time will tell.

I think there are more console exclusive players than you might.  PC exclusive players may be quite a bit fewer, but given that off the shelf computer are rarely powerful enough for much, most people aren't willing to put in the effort to build their own gaming rig.

Edited by Alshain

6 hours ago, polimerjones said:

Hey guys. Just wanted to let those know who are waiting for console release of KSP that it will be tomorrow for PS4!. The other lame consoles ;-) will come a few days later. Woot Woot!

I'm waiting for PS4 and probably getting a copy for Wii U later this year too. I'm excited our Xbox One brothers get to join us on Friday.

2 hours ago, Curveball Anders said:

Nah, no worries.

Everyone in the PC master race know that console users can't use a keyboard, so they can't invade a text based media :wink:

I can work the digital keyboard on my phone though. :)

1 hour ago, Tourist said:

This is great, a new subset of the gaming community who will now be able to complain about why the physics in Gravity is sketchy. This enriches society as a whole.   :wink:

Seriously though, the generalizing about how console gamers are going to behave is a little annoying. Its not like the PC gaming community as it is are saints. 

For instance, console gamers won't put up with bugs argument.... I mean really? Have you read the forums now? We already have the Horsemen of the Bugopolyse in residence. Just look up any of the "I've had enough, I'm leaving posts."

Or what about, console players will just like it for the 'splosions... um, we already have them too.

So, chill out people. Console players are not all impatient manchildren. Most of them are just like you.  

My wife would disagree with you on the manchild thing, but that's another story. About gaming that's a whole different story. :)

7 minutes ago, ForsakenVoyager said:

...snip

My wife would disagree with you on the manchild thing, but that's another story. About gaming that's a whole different story. :)

Now that you mention it, Mrs Tourist may share some views with your wife.  

Thank you very much for hyping the date. Teasing it and then on RELEASE DATE you let Mr. Gomez put down this huge turd on the head of european PS4 gamers (who are generally not interested at all in simulation games):

UPDATE 4.30PM BST: Kerbal Space Program will not be released on PS4 in Europe this week - only in the US. That's what Nestor Gomez, producer, told me this afternoon.

"KSP will not be available this week in Europe," he said. "We still don't have a date we can confirm but we are doing everything in our hands to have it ready as soon as possible."

The good news, however, is that we have an Xbox One release date for both America and Europe and it's this Friday, 15th July.

Out of the blue right into the face. Thank you very much! Oh and please don't tell us the reason! We are so obnoxious to anything beyond CoD and FIFA here, we don't even care.

PS: The funny thing is that even the german PSN Blog announced the game! KasperVld confirmed it on Twitter as well! Oh and dumps it two hours later!

So I guess its:

CnKDY1wXEAAMwHN.jpg:large

Edited by QPDO

On 8.7.2016 at 8:17 PM, justidutch said:

I, for one, am looking forwards to the PS4 version.  I've played KSP for years, but on a Mac AirBook which isn't exactly built for gaming, so I'm expecting the experience to be much better!

yes, KSP will run like an AMD laptop on PS4, it that cpu it uses. 

1 hour ago, Nailbach said:

Or, you could download the US version today, like I'm planning to do. Sure not going to wait ;p

If you can then I would definitely invite you to do it :) I'll keep you guys updated on the European release as news develops.

I have to say I'm bitterly disappointed by the news that KSP won't be available on PS4 in Europe and has seemingly been delayed indefinitely, with no alternate release date even being offered.

I've been looking forward to playing this for so, so long on PS4. Then finally it was announced it was going to be released this week on PS4 and Xbox One, and later in the year on Wii U. The time was finally here, after all the waiting and anticipation, and I'd finally be able to experience KSP.

Then moments later it's announced if you happen to own a PS4 in Europe you won't be getting the game.

The worst thing is no reasons were offered for this delay, and no hint as to when we can expect to see the game, if at all.

Was it a development issue? I doubt it, if the US release went ahead. Was there an issue with French translations or something? I'm sure they'd forgive you for patching that. Is it a rights or bureaucratic issue of some kind caused by Sony? I suspect it is, and that's why we haven't heard more information on it.

Either way, I'm very disappointed not to be playing KSP right now, but more than that I'm angry after being left completely in the dark about the game last minute, after such a long wait and so much anticipation.

8 minutes ago, SleepyPeePee said:

I have to say I'm bitterly disappointed by the news that KSP won't be available on PS4 in Europe and has seemingly been delayed indefinitely, with no alternate release date even being offered.

I've been looking forward to playing this for so, so long on PS4. Then finally it was announced it was going to be released this week on PS4 and Xbox One, and later in the year on Wii U. The time was finally here, after all the waiting and anticipation, and I'd finally be able to experience KSP.

Then moments later it's announced if you happen to own a PS4 in Europe you won't be getting the game.

The worst thing is no reasons were offered for this delay, and no hint as to when we can expect to see the game, if at all.

Was it a development issue? I doubt it, if the US release went ahead. Was there an issue with French translations or something? I'm sure they'd forgive you for patching that. Is it a rights or bureaucratic issue of some kind caused by Sony? I suspect it is, and that's why we haven't heard more information on it.

Either way, I'm very disappointed not to be playing KSP right now, but more than that I'm angry after being left completely in the dark about the game last minute, after such a long wait and so much anticipation.

I completely understand your disappointment, we'll share more news when we can. At the moment I'm personally waiting for our main office to open for business in 3-4 hours. Rest assured it's right on the top of my list.

11 minutes ago, SleepyPeePee said:

It's way easier than this. SCEA (Sony Computer Entertainment America) and SCEE have deiffernet schedules for certification. It just happened to be that KSP got certified quicker by SCEA than SCEE. Happened with quite a few games in the past. THat's why i made a proxy US account.

Aw, crap, seriously? I'm going away for two months tomorrow and me and my friends had planned an evening playing KSP on my PS4 tonight ever since the release date was announced, and now we find out it's not coming? That's fine, it's not the end of the world, but this says something about Squad's view on their customers outside North America...

Edit: Or at least Sony/SCEE, who should have notified Squad that they were lagging behind on legislation so Squad in turn could have notified their customers.

Edited by LostOblivion

I find it hard to believe Sony only told them on the day of release that it would not be released. Someone at Squad dropped the ball.

And it shows the lack of communication between Squad employees that their official twitter account replied that it would be released today only for a dev to correct them.. On the day of release. It's kind of fascicle really.

Edited by Majorjim

I guess this is one of the differences between indie devs and traditional game development companies in which the publisher usually controls official statements.

Indie devs feel closer to the players and want to publish news as soon as they hear it themselves. This is great and I love it, and Squad is really great at this. :-)

So generally I wish Squad huge amounts of kudos for their “closeness” and sense of responsibility to their, in lack of a better word, fanbase, but this only goes to show that sometimes things can slip because of it.

It's OK, me and my friends will simply have to find something else to do today and come together for a KSP-party in two months time instead...

Without having any information it's hard to judge who “dropped the ball” here. This is new territory for Squad. Maybe they were under the impression everything was set to go, and Sony Europe wasn't and was under the impression that Squad was aware.

i work for a B2B service provider and we run regularly into (small, new) customers who think that making a booking is as easy as it is on the expedia website when it's not (you need to have a contract, etc). Technically yes, it IS the customers fault for not doing their homework, but if it is because they neglected to do something that is not that obvious. Maybe they need a EU age restriction certificate, or something else EU related. Squad didn't know that requirement existed, and Sony assumed they had it. “Hey guys, don't forget you still have to upload the EU register file or you can't go live.” “Huh? What file?!”—something along those lines. If you publish on the PS4 all the time you're aware of it, otherwise... well, here we are.

something went wrong obviously, and that's unfortunate. I'm sure they're not happy about it either. But claiming that Squad was teasing and then practically doing this on purpose, or knowingly, and enjoying it... I don't think that's really fair.

11 minutes ago, LostOblivion said:

I doubt anyone thinks that at all, I certainly don't.

Agree, but some people seem to think there's an almost personal aspect to it...

Out of the blue right into the face. Thank you very much! Oh and please don't tell us the reason! We are so obnoxious to anything beyond CoD and FIFA here, we don't even care.

I have to admit I was actually a little bit excited when I saw the PS4 support section being opened today. We're about to get another infusion of life to these forums and the game in general.

Now I'm a little disheartened. It would really be nice for a major milestone to pass without a controversy to go with it. I'm sure it wasn't intentional, whatever it was that happened, but there always seems to be something to leave a black mark on every event that should be celebrated.

Edited by Randazzo

40 minutes ago, CronoCloud said:

I have been waiting to finally get this for my PS4, but I am yet to see anyone give a console review of this.  I tweeted IGN about it yesterday, but didn't get anything back.

I see PSN says that they have 11 5STAR reviews, but no actual comments.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.