PS4 Release????(July 12)

LTPug

13 minutes ago, DD_bwest said:

i will!  when it finishes lol its slow right now.. i think some COD dlc also just came out lol ill blame that for why its so slow..

Lol, centre of drag DLC. Is this DLC for KSP on consoles confirmed??!! I hold Kasper to account for this.:P

33 minutes ago, DD_bwest said:

i will!  when it finishes lol its slow right now.. i think some COD dlc also just came out lol ill blame that for why its so slow..

I think COD in this context means Call of Duty.

Edited by Mjp1050
clarification

I really hate to be another person with a complaint about the PS4 edition, but the description on the store needs some small changes:

Spoiler

Who said rocket science wasn’t FOR EVERYBODY! Kerbal Space Program puts you in charge of the recently launched space program for a fun & clever alien race – the Kerbals. These little guys are counting on you to build spaceships, rockets & vehicles that can take off & hold on during COOL space travel missions, without hurting them in the process… EXPLORE SPACE, DISCOVER NEW PLANETS AND CONQUER THE UNIVERSE.

You’ll have a collection of parts & tools to accomplish this, each one with unique functionalities that will affect your ship & it’s chances of taking off (or crashing). THIS ALL HAPPENS IN A Realistic, physics-based space flight simulator thatensures everything will fly (or crash) as it should in real life.

I don't think someone from SQUAD wrote this, the KSP store's description is much better:

Spoiler

In KSP, you must build a space-worthy craft, capable of flying its crew out into space, without killing them. At your disposal is a collection of parts, which must be assembled to create a functional ship. Each part has its own function and will affect the way a ship flies (or doesn't). So strap yourself in, and get ready to try some Rocket Science! 

The game has different game modes, you can play the Career Mode if you want to expand and manage your own Space Center, taking on missions and researching new technologies. Or you can play Sandbox mode if you're only interested in flying and discovering the Kerbal universe without restrictions. There is even a mid point between these two, Science mode.

The Vehicle Assembly Building and the Space Plane Hangar allows players to build spacecraft out of any imaginable combination of parts.

Fully-fledged, Physics-based Flight Simulation ensures everything will fly (and crash) as it should.

Take your Kerbal crew on expeditions out of the ship with Extra Vehicular Activities gathering data and precious minerals.

Build your customized spacecraft and navigate to distant Moons, Asteroids, and other Planets.

Procedural Terrain delivers detailed terrain at a vast scale. The Kerbal Planet is 600km in radius.

KSP is Mod-enabled, and allows players to create new content and modify the game.

Ship systems. Keep an eye out for engine temperatures and fuel levels, and try not to explode.

Build ships with multiple stages, and jettison parts away as they burn out.

Full control over the staging sequence allows for complex ships and advanced functionality

Dock spacecraft together to build Space Stations, Massive Starships, or even surface bases on other planets.

Manage your crewmembers, hire them, and send them out into space and make them into heroes.

Research and Develop new technologies to advance your Space Program.

Take on a variety of complex and engaging Missions to attract interest in your Space Program.

Discover new worlds and expand the scientific knowledge of Kerbalkind.

These features just scratch the surface, there is so much more to explore in the game!

EDIT:

Just watched the trailer.  Much better than the description in showing what the game is actually about.

Edited by Mad Rocket Scientist

"Who said rocket science wasn’t FOR EVERYBODY! Kerbal Space Program puts you in charge of the recently launched space program for a fun & clever alien race – the Kerbals. These little guys are counting on you to build spaceships, rockets & vehicles that can take off & hold on during COOL space travel missions, without hurting them in the process… EXPLORE SPACE, DISCOVER NEW PLANETS AND CONQUER THE UNIVERSE.

You’ll have a collection of parts & tools to accomplish this, each one with unique functionalities that will affect your ship & it’s chances of taking off (or crashing). THIS ALL HAPPENS IN A Realistic, physics-based space flight simulator that ensures everything will fly (or crash) as it should in real life." —PS4 Store (Thanks @Mad Rocket Scientist)

Did the person(s) who wrote this even play the game? It doesn't mention that the player is flying the craft after it launches... Not to mention the fact that it appears to be written by an overly energetic 6 year old. 

18 hours ago, Tourist said:

But I haven't seen much difference in the behavior of console gamers vs PC gamers that suggests the latter a endowed with greater patience or tolerance than their console brethren.

Are there any strategy games for consoles? I haven't seen a Civ, DF, or EU4 console port. In fact, the majority of major console releases are either FPS's or third person RPG's. (Not that those games aren't available for PC, just that the PC has a more diverse array of genres than consoles.) Imagine if KSP was more like Orbiter and didn't have the 'lolsplosions' factor; it certainly would not get a console port, and the only people who might want a console port are those who already own the game on PC and want to be able to play it on their console. And judging from the description of the game in the PS4 store, 'lolsplosions' is what it's being marketed as.

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 6:34 AM, LameLefty said:

Hasn't stopped Bethesda from supporting Fallout 4 mods on console. Their system works fantastically on the 'Bone. Guess PS4 folks wouldn't know that yet through ...

That's very ironic... They are failing to do PS4 mods...

I've been in IT for 18 years.  14 years of that I've been employed as a programmer.  Heck I remember making maps for Quake 2 on PC.   I'd rather play games on a PS4 because I enjoy it.    It's funny to read comments from all the PC master race people.

11 minutes ago, Robotengineer said:

Did the person(s) who wrote this even play the game? It doesn't mention that the player is flying the craft after it launches... Not to mention the fact that it appears to be written by an overly energetic 6 year old. 

Are there any strategy games for consoles? I haven't seen a Civ, DF, or EU4 console port. In fact, the majority of major console releases are either FPS's or third person RPG's. (Not that those games aren't available for PC, just that the PC has a more diverse array of genres than consoles.) Imagine if KSP was more like Orbiter and didn't have the 'lolsplosions' factor; it certainly would not get a console port, and the only people who might want a console port are those who already own the game on PC and want to be able to play it on their console. And judging from the description of the game in the PS4 store, 'lolsplosions' is what it's being marketed as.

Console audience might be a different demographic than PC audience. I assume console games are played sitting away from the screen, so you cannot rely on your audience being able to read text set in a tiny font. A large amount of copy won't fit on a single screen and one can safely assume that “keeping attention” on a console is a deadly game; if you have to scroll, you lose.

So someone's been tasked with making a short intro that grabs people's attention and makes them stop and consider getting the game. If it's accurate, that's a nice bonus.

alot of fun so far.  a few issues here and there and some definite frame drops when you hover the cursor over some menus, especially the control tab.  its a ? that will show you the control layout.   wow its gonna take ALOT of learning.   thing is complicated as hell.  ita also not as easy to mass grab excrements tons of science since its harder to click on things.

i also havent found a way yet to thruttle up or down while having the cursor hovered over the pe/ap markers so knowing your exact parameters isnt as easy.

2 hours ago, Kerbart said:

Console audience might be a different demographic than PC audience. I assume console games are played sitting away from the screen, so you cannot rely on your audience being able to read text set in a tiny font. A large amount of copy won't fit on a single screen and one can safely assume that “keeping attention” on a console is a deadly game; if you have to scroll, you lose.

So someone's been tasked with making a short intro that grabs people's attention and makes them stop and consider getting the game. If it's accurate, that's a nice bonus.

Accuracy shouldn't be a 'nice bonus.' If it exaggerates some portions of the game, so be it, but blatantly misrepresenting it is something completely different. 

2 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

I played Civ 2 on the original Playstation (which was a good port) as well as Simcity 2000 (which was an awful port).

Ok, I wasn't aware of those. The only console games I ever see being mentioned in the tech/gaming news I read are the AAA titles (racing, FPS, RPG) and occasionally an interesting indie, (like Limbo). 

22 minutes ago, Robotengineer said:

Accuracy shouldn't be a 'nice bonus.' If it exaggerates some portions of the game, so be it, but blatantly misrepresenting it is something completely different. 

Blatantly? Pray tell what parts are blatantly misrepresenting the game? We can argue over style,  and I will agree that I wouldn't write it like that. But if I had bought the game after reading that introduction I wouldn't feel like I got something different from what was offered.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.