PS4 Release????(July 12)

LTPug

I know you are very busy posting updates and screenshots to Twitter from your global fanbase, but, if you can find the time would you be able to update those of us on Playstation 4 and unlucky enough to be based in Europe, when we might actually get this? Almost one month has passed and I haven't seen a single update on any gaming site.

I know they are very different games but No Man's Sky is out in only a couple of days, I would like to know when Kerbal is coming to Europe.

4 hours ago, Gaarst said:

It's written somewhere here:

They don't know.

Read through that devnote, no update at all. "We're working with them", it isn't really good enough after almost a month, that's all they have? And no reference to the save bug being fixed? Having glanced at other threads on this forum and seeing the problems console players are facing, I think I'll be giving this a permanent wide berth.

Still, at least the Twitter feed is full of good news and pretty pictures..........

4 hours ago, Truiba said:

Read through that devnote, no update at all. "We're working with them", it isn't really good enough after almost a month, that's all they have? And no reference to the save bug being fixed? Having glanced at other threads on this forum and seeing the problems console players are facing, I think I'll be giving this a permanent wide berth.

Still, at least the Twitter feed is full of good news and pretty pictures..........

It's written:

Speaking of European affairs, we’re still very much working with Sony to release Kerbal Space Program on PlayStation 4 in Europe as soon as possible. 

As I said: they don't know.

18 hours ago, Truiba said:

I'm losing faith in squads ability to deliver this console edition  to ps4 europe. I think I'm with you! No man's sky is two days away so that will be my substitute. 

51 minutes ago, Violent Jeb said:

Man these forums don't work very good for anything aside from typing and hitting submit. sorry the quote got butchered.

Does anybody else have the distinct impression that KSP was not approved for Europe release due to its quality (or lack therefore), and this silence is them having no means to substantially improve the experience on console? I get the feeling that's what we're doing - hoping FTs patch for 1.1.1 or .2 or .3 is going to be enough to get them through the door. I mean, obviously there's a reason its not released in EU, we just aren't privileged enough to know what the reason is. 

This ship is tanking quickly. Maybe the Wednesday Devnote Tuesday will give us a cute poem to read and make us feel better.

I don't own a PS4, but seeing the things crawling around in the PSStore (the same kind of "games" that have already taken over Steam) I really doubt KSP was not approved because of quality.

I do assume the delayed publishing of KSP for PS in Europe is due to quality issues. Well or at least, a part of the problem. Point is Microsoft and Sony are kind of approving the software which makes its way to the console version. Now, if that piece of software is poorly written and doesn't work that's a problem - for Microsoft and Sony as they approved that software. If that happens too often, people will start thinking "Company XXX produces crappy consoles and the games published for their systems never work" and simply stay away from that console. So, in the end that would cut into the earnings of the console manufacturers. So, I assume Sony went to Squad and told them to fix the quality issues first. Probably Sony is now reviewing the fixes Squad provided (at least, that's how I would do) and deciding on whether that's enough or not.

Companies are watching social media and are observing discussions on their products, especially once problems occur. These discussions are analyzed by marketing guys and they recommend to either publish additional information or not. If they aren't blamed for the errors they usually do not feel the need to act. If they are blamed they might publish some press release which gives new information to the discussion observed. Taking that into consideration, I think Sony is watching their fora and simply decided to put the release in the EU on hold. Consumer rights in Europe are better established than those in the US it seems. At least selling broken video games for consoles might lead to a huge PR problem which could cut future sales. So better not to try in the first place...

On a totally different note: It is the holiday season in Europe, so the appropriate Sony guys might be on vacation and return in a few weeks. Once they read through their 538 emails in their inbox, they might actually have the time to take care of KSP...at least that's a potential possibility, isn't it?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.