Devnote Tuesday: JEEEEEENKINS [the build server]!

SQUAD

19 hours ago, Padishar said:

I presume that "My opinions are worth nothing" isn't actually what you were trying to say, otherwise there was no point in posting them...

Well, did you pay ATTENTION? If so, then they were worth that, at least. :)

I just wanted to come in here and thank the architects of one of my favorite star systems.   You guys are receiving a lot of heat bringing this update to us that is uncalled for.  Let me be your heat-shield.  :-P I am grateful for all of the hard work you are all doing.  I come here and skim the dev notes and your comments every week, anxiously awaiting the update.  Keep at it, guys.

I for one really look forward to 64b build.. I already am looking at over 70+ different mods that I use. (just counting the folders in game data which some actually contain multiple mods by same person (like all of Roverdudes) Active texture management / Open GL help allot in keeping the crashing down.

Yes I get the occasional crash due to no memory available.. mostly happens after reverting too many times during all important launch/crash/fail/revert to rebuild, testing that I do lots of. (I currently have over 900 hours of playing KSP since I bought it so long ago (find me on steam Dunewolf))

But I look forward to the day KSP + mods can make use of the 32gigs my PC has (without crashing heh) I think only reason I dont get more crashing is because there is so much ram, that KSP gets the max it can use without any other programs getting in the way (unlike my old system which had 4gigs total and crashed often)

So I for one am rooting for the official 64b version! and the future of modded KSP. I really want to make a nice career save, with lots of kerbals all over the system again. I now often regret not backing up my old saves, and keeping better track of mods I used. as I had a awesome career save with duna bases / mun/minmus and a asteroid base or two heh. but because of losing track of mods I used, and parts "missing" when mods didn't get updated.. the career was destroyed :(  I rarely if ever use stock parts for any single ship heh - and with all the mods I am now using, it would be a chore to keep track of if not for Ckan.

So yes, bring on 64bit, for more ram space for more mods.. cause there are a few Ive had to decide not to use that I really want too.. Some ive installed and liked on testing basis - but had to pick/chose when Out of memory crashes started..

Edited by Dunewolf

A bug I found in the game that has been a problem for me for a long time it happens when I land a space place or something and I get my kerbal out of the plane to place a flag or something he/she starts to sink into the ground, then starts to bob in the ground, and then explode into a cloud of dust. I can't say how many times this has happened to me but I do know that this happened to bob, bill, and countless others. So please fix this if you can.

Tell me if this have happened to you to. 

15 hours ago, Wolfox said:

Thanks...

*going to cry in the corner until 1.1 comes out*

me too ;.;

21 hours ago, Papahemmy said:

I get my kerbal out of the plane to place a flag or something he/she starts to sink into the ground, then starts to bob in the ground, and then explode into a cloud of dust.

Yeah, that tends to happen when I play 64k/RSS. Haven't had it happen in stock.

On March 27, 2016 at 4:06 PM, Papahemmy said:

A bug I found in the game that has been a problem for me for a long time it happens when I land a space place or something and I get my kerbal out of the plane to place a flag or something he/she starts to sink into the ground, then starts to bob in the ground, and then explode into a cloud of dust.

Perhaps an artifact of low terrain detail? Seems to be consistent with its sightings in RSS installs.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.