Best mods

DrDoomKill

Well, which mods you install is really up to choice, because there are so many ways to play. CKAN, however, makes it extremely easy to browse and install mods, especially modpacks with lots of dependencies such as Realism Overhaul and other less massive mods. I really recommend it if you want to make picking mods a lot easier.

Welcome to the forums and the addiction.

It depends on what you are looking for in KSP. Realism? Awesome Spaceplanes? A deeper, more diverse Carreer Mode?

If you are new to the game, I would suggest Kerbal Engineer Redux, which gives you a lot of info that helps to design crafts and get a hang of the mechanics. Chatterer, Scatterer, EngineLighting and Planetshine give you a more immersive and beautiful experience without changing the gameplay. You can also try some new parts once you grasp the basics of the game (Novapunch, KW Rocketry and MKS are my must.haves). 

If you're into Spaceplanes, I recommend B9 Aerospace, KAX, AoA Tech, MK2 essentials and MK2 Stock-a-like expansion. Firespitter enables you to build some bad-S atmospheric planes, helis and other stuff.

If you are somewhat experienced, you might want to look for mods that give you further challenges and more stuff to do. Station Science and UKS are good starting points, the latter especially in combination with Life Support mods such as USI LS or TAC LS (which I personally prefer). Also RemoteTech or AntennaRange.

If you are looking for ways to spice up carreer mode, I would suggest Strategia, KRnD and StateFunding. There are also lots of very interesting contract packs to alter your experience.

I would really recommend you to just browse through the addon releases forum. Sometimes you can find mods you didn't even know you were looking for. :)

Chatterer and Texture Replacer are two mods I recommend for flavour.

- Chatterer adds some atmospheric sounds to the game in the form of radio chatter for Kerballed spaceships and your choice of beeps for probe cores.

-Texture Replacer allows you to replace the standard Kerbal skins with more varied skins. For example, it lets you assign different coloured space suits to your pilots, your scientists and your engineers, and give different Kerbals different skin and hair colours.

12 hours ago, AlamoVampire said:

I assume that when people suggest both mechjeb AND ker to use in tandem autopilot is wanted. This is where having mechjeb and mechjeb only makes sense. It has the functions of ker AND autopilot. 2 mods in 1 = space saved & avoids needlessly duplicated functions. @I_Killed_Jeb 

Personally I greatly prefer KER's readouts for reasons that I cannot remember anymore. I think it has more detailed readouts for a lot of the information, at least, it does if you play with the in game KER settings. 

I made a giant list of the mods I use for gaming and video making a while back :) - It's still up to date for 1.0.5 and is going to be updated for 1.1 post-release. The only catch is that it doesn't add a single extra part to KSP.. It adds visual enhancing and useful mods and I'm quite proud of the list myself :).

Avg's Visual Ultimatum

• 8 months later...
23 hours ago, Palaceviking said:

Ckan.

End of all issues

Ckan is trash!!

JK it really isn't but I still can't understand why any one would want to use it considering how simple KSP is to mod and how much more control you have over everything when you do it all manually.

While unnecessary for just installing mods I highly recommend that anyone that wants to seriously get into modding learn .cfg structure and MM syntax, it's really really easy and it opens up so many possibilities for customizing your install to perfectly fit your play style and the experience you want, from part welding too integrating mods together that weren't explicitly designed to work together, but i tend to go a little crazy with the mods :P

Edited by Akira_R

On 2016-03-24 at 2:40 PM, DrDoomKill said:

I want to know some of the best mods for KSP I like mods like bad armory and burn together but you can really suggest anything please tell me what some good mods are thanks 

You should be figuring out what your strengths and weakness's are in the game then determine what you need for mods. Mods are great, but if they don't fit a need then they're dead weight in your computer.

"See a need, Fill a need"

• 1 month later...

How about planet packs? Kerbol Starsystem is a really good one. It changes a couple things to the stock system and adds a whole bunch of outer planets and moons, as well as several new star systems (which all look amazing by the way).

Outer Planets Mod is cool if you don't want to change the stock system but want more beyond Jool and Eeloo.

Galileo's Planet Pack is nice if you want a total revamp of the solar system.

And of course, Kopernicus is the wonderful mod that allows all those planet packs to exist in the first place.

Edited by Greatness101

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.