[1.2.x] Kerbal Hacks (Procedural Parts textures, Asphalt Tiles, Unusual parts, other hacks)

Enceos

Over the course of playing KSP I created numerous parts and patches for myself to improve the game experience. Time to start sharing.

Ven's style Textures for Procedural Parts

Yt3BlGi.jpg

Credit goes to @Ven for his amazing artwork. I used his textures from the Stock Part Revamp to make these. Get Procedural Parts to use the textures.

Alarm-Arrow-Down-icon.png DOWNLOAD  Ven's Style Textures for Procedural Parts

Hazard Tanks Textures for Procedural Parts

Procedural textures for tanks with hazards stripes. Give the badass look to your vessels!

The play nicely with the Orbital Utility Vehicle by @nli2work

CCtmnSC.gifTaqOtWj.png

Get Procedural Parts to use the textures.

Alarm-Arrow-Down-icon.png DOWNLOAD Hazard Tanks Textures for Procedural Parts

Asphalt Tiles

A useful set of three parts which are building bricks for offworld landing pads and roads. Made specifically for my Extraplanetary Launchpads base. Good for those who want to have the neat look of our KSC parking area even away from home.

Works best when placed on flat area or welded with UbioZur Welding.

R8HRCKv.jpg

Various pattern examples
sArpGIY.jpg

• Easy to assemble in the field with KIS. Tiles can be attached to the surface.
  • Luminescent stripes glow in the dark.
  • Can be buit whole via Extraplanetary Launchpads.
  • Archive contains an "Extras" folder with already welded examples (welded parts are independent from the UbioZur Welding mod).

Alarm-Arrow-Down-icon.png DOWNLOAD Asphalt Tiles

Portable Science Crate

Based on @RoverDude's part from the PackRat era. Useful for storing all the EVA gathered science on the fly. Can be sent back home on a probe without distracting the Kerbal from his other planetary activities. Serves the same purpose as the Stock Science Box.

Great for rovers with External Command Seats and for small pods from other mods which deliberately don't have science storage in them.

Requires KIS for the best experience.

2By8Ooy.gif

9FLPlC2.jpg

White texture available on demand.

Alarm-Arrow-Down-icon.png DOWNLOAD Science Crate

Droptank "Wrapper"

A curved wraparound droptank with an integrated decoupler. 4 way symmetry wraps perfectly around a 1.25m tank. Now has an aerodynamic nosecone.

EnergeticThirstyGrouper.gif

Now has its own thread

Simple Mission Flags

An assortment of flags to mark everyday missions. The archive contains the source .psd file for anyone who wants to roll his own shapes/colors.

7jufhwi.png

uo3kNr5.png

Alarm-Arrow-Down-icon.png DOWNLOAD Simple Mission Flags

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Stock 5m and 7m Fairing

RY1agpU.png

Looks like there are no bigger fairings in 1.1 for us. This patch adds a stock 5m fairing to the game.  

Made for those who love extra big launchers and stock fairings. Thanks to @Stone Blue for making an even bigger 7m config.

Spoiler

+PART[fairingSize3]
{
    %name = fairingSize4

@MODEL
    {
    %scale = 1.33,1,1.33
    }

%title = AE-FF4 Airstream Protective Shell (5m)
%description = While the Kerbals at Mission Control were still figuring out how to get their rockets back down to Kerbin safely, the research engineers at FLOOYD were quickly realising that protecting parts on ascent was just as important. Heavy research into two-dimensional-input driven procedural construction was then funded with the hopes of making protective shells for important payloads and interstage areas of the crafts. The protective shells also have the benefit of making the craft more aerodynamic, hopefully saving on precious rocket fuel! The AE-FF4 is the experimental prototype from FLOOYD. It is designed for the largest rockets which come from private companies from various parts of Kerbin.
%mass = 0.64
%bulkheadProfiles = size4

@MODULE[ModuleProceduralFairing]
    {    

%baseRadius = 2.5
        %maxRadius = 8
        %xSectionHeightMax = 7
    }

}

+PART[fairingSize3]
{
    %name = fairingSize5

@MODEL
    {
    %scale = 2,1,2
    }

%title = AE-FF5 Airstream Protective Shell (7.5m)
%description = While the Kerbals at Mission Control were still figuring out how to get their rockets back down to Kerbin safely, the research engineers at FLOOYD were quickly realising that protecting parts on ascent was just as important. Heavy research into two-dimensional-input driven procedural construction was then funded with the hopes of making protective shells for important payloads and interstage areas of the crafts. The protective shells also have the benefit of making the craft more aerodynamic, hopefully saving on precious rocket fuel! The AE-FF5 is the experimental prototype from FLOOYD. It is designed for the largest rockets which come from private companies from various parts of Kerbin.
%mass = 1.1
%bulkheadProfiles = size5

@MODULE[ModuleProceduralFairing]
    {    

%baseRadius = 3.75
        %maxRadius = 10.5
        %xSectionHeightMax = 7
    }

}

Or download the ready config file and place it anywhere in GameData.

Alarm-Arrow-Down-icon.png DOWNLOAD The config for fairings.

All content is under the Creative Commons 4.0 License

More stuff in development

Edited by Enceos
Updated "Wrapper" tank

3 hours ago, wasml said:

Thanks for sharing - The drop tank wrapper looks familiar. I think I remember seeing it go by in a thread some time ago when you were developing it - glad to see it released.

It's basically the same model, I just retextured it stock spaceplane style quite a while ago. A have a code to make it procedural, but it will have to wait until 1.1

9 hours ago, Wolf123 said:

The procedural part textures aren't working, I have procedural parts installed and stock revamp. The textures don't seem to be showing up?

Lol, you're completely right. Don't know how the error creeped in. The config file has a wrong filepath for textures.

I fixed the problem. You can download the fixed version now from the SpaceDock. Thanks for reporting.

45 minutes ago, FiiZzioN said:

That wrapper tank though... So nice! I'd love to see more in different sizes and styles. Something similar to the doughnut outer tank of the Briz-M is a good example of something that might be an interesting project.

Briz-M Wikipedia page here.

The sole purpose of Briz-M is to make the rocket shorter. I think it will be hard to click the payload inside the tank. I'll try to make the Wrapper Tank procedural after we hit 1.1

Edited by Enceos

43 minutes ago, Enceos said:

The sole purpose of Briz-M is to make the rocket shorter. I think it will be hard to click the payload inside the tank. I'll try to make the Wrapper Tank procedural after we hit 1.1

Are you implying that the payload is partially surrounded by the outer tank instead of just sitting on top of the Briz-M stage? Out of all the research I've done I've never seen that before. I'm not saying you're not right, I've just never seen it. This is the size and height of the outer tank, so I don't know how it would fit around a payload.

H1Yj4OW.jpg    dh2o4n5.jpg   fYqzmCE.jpg

Edited by FiiZzioN

3 hours ago, Enceos said:

Meanwhile, the landing pad near my "Black Farside" base:

How did you place this one? KIS? EPL? Also, is it just one piece? And is it perfectly flat, or does it follow the terrain?

(lots of questions, I know, but I'm a curious individual, and I can't try it myself ;))

Edited by MrMeeb

On 27.03.2016 at 0:29 AM, MrMeeb said:

How did you place this one? KIS? EPL? Also, is it just one piece? And is it perfectly flat, or does it follow the terrain?

(lots of questions, I know, but I'm a curious individual, and I can't try it myself :wink:)

The launchpad I have in my base is welded, to reduce the partcount lag, and was manufactured whole via EPL. Towed it with a rover and KAS winches. You can negate the inclination of the terrain by adding some kind of legs to lift one side. Otherwise it will have the same slope as terrain does.

The lego version can be assembled via KIS. Here's a small illustration.

Looks like some nodes are facing the wrong way, had to rotate some tiles. (KIS issue for "front" and "back" nodes)

Edited by Enceos

7 hours ago, Enceos said:

Lol, you're completely right. Don't know how the error creeped in. The config file has a wrong filepath for textures.

I fixed the problem. You can download the fixed version now from the SpaceDock. Thanks for reporting.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Enceos said:

The launchpad I have in my base is welded, to reduce the partcount lag, and was manufactured whole via EPL. Towed it with a rover and KAS winches. You can negate the inclination of the terrain by adding some kind of legs to lift one side. Otherwise it will have the same slope as terrain does.

The lego version can be assembled via KIS. Here's a small illustration.

Looks like some nodes are facing the wrong way, had to rotate some tiles.

Awesome! Thanks for the reply and demonstration :) 

7 minutes ago, Bloody_looser said:

Hey, you have nice trinkets over there! :wink:

Would you consider overriding volume for prefab asphalt pads? 16 separate tiles are 24k litres, while smallest pad is like insane 91k and won't fit into most containers.

I deliberately removed the volume override for welded pads. Didn't think someone will be carrying them in a container :)

I probably will add this override to the small pads. The patch will be available after KSP 1.1 hits the ground.

For now you can add the missing line to the config yourself:

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleKISItem
        volumeOverride = something reasonable
        stackable = true
        allowPartAttach = 2
        allowStaticAttach = 1
        staticAttachBreakForce = 500
    }

34 minutes ago, fast_de_la_speed said:

Damn, those asphalt tiles are just what I needed! It's one of those mods that you don't know you need until you see it. Would you consider making walls and roof stuff for the construction of small hangars?

Why would you want to hide your awesome vehicle? :)

Nevertheless its not a hard task for me if you need them. What shape and color do you want your roof?

2 hours ago, MegaUZI said:

Note : The Droptank download link doesn't work, it is replaced by the ScienceCrate download link for some reason :)

@MegaUZI Thank you very much for reporting. I fixed the link. Hope you got it from the whole package link.

Edited by Enceos

10 minutes ago, Enceos said:

Why would you want to hide your awesome vehicle? :)

Nevertheless its not a hard task for me if you need them. What shape and color do you want your roof?

I'd hide them cause they don't meet the safety regulations :cool:

I was thinking something like this: 

RQaLkt9.png

a curved (or triangular) for corners, and then just a flat block for the middles. As for the colour, what do you think of the corners being an opaque texture (metal/concrete/etc.) and the center blocks glass, like a sunroof?

I have tried to make a mod like this before, but for house building, and it turned out to be a grossly textured bugfest :sealed: thanks again for making this mod. It's really cool.

Looks like there are no bigger fairings for us in 1.1, I made a patch which adds a stock 5m fairing quite a while ago, still see people asking for it. For those who launch BIG! Link and code in OP.

RY1agpU.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.