[1.2.x] Kerbal Hacks (Procedural Parts textures, Asphalt Tiles, Unusual parts, other hacks)

Enceos

2 hours ago, StahnAileron said:

1.0.5 player here: Any possibility that the wrapper tanks are 1.0.5-compatible or do they make use of any 1.1-specific features? (I know 1.0.5 broke some part packs from 1.0.4 due to changes in how parts needed to be modeled.) Or should I just wait and give 1.1.3 a quick whirl since it's supposedly just around the corner?

I have touched 1.1.x much because I don't want to deal with the wheel system in 1.1.x yet... And the text/UI in 1.1.x gives me a minor headache/eyestrain due to the new rendering scheme. Plus a key mod I use won't be updated until the core game is un-broken (Adjustable Landing Gear).

It is compatible, you just need to use a fuel line like you normally would with stock tanks on decouplers.

Edited by Enceos

Well, you will be happy to know,I set up one of your landing pads on the mun, added sciman's script, built a 950ton ship on the pad, topped up the rescources thru the pad then launched it. Only issue is the offset Sciman used (1.25 M) which is a tad high I think

19 hours ago, Enceos said:

It is compatible, you just need to use a fuel line like you normally would with stock tanks on decouplers.

Awesome! The fuel line issue won't be a problem. Yay for fuel pump plug-in mods.

Have you considered making conformal/wraparound fuel tanks for the Mk2 profile?

Edited by StahnAileron

1 hour ago, StahnAileron said:

Awesome! The fuel line issue won't be a problem. Yay for fuel pump plug-in mods.

Have you considered making conformal/wraparound fuel tanks for the Mk2 profile?

I added a tweakscale config for that.

Enceos, a request for a couple of additions to the asphalt tiles.

First, a blank tile (no markings) I tried flipping them upside down, but then the attachnodes are wrong. (I am experimenting with using welded tiles instead of launch clamps for building bases)

Second another tile with corner markings but the inverse of the current corner one and with the markings smaller and in the corner. If you look at the images in the OP, the ramp one has the transition from the pad to the ramp but the markings have a gap (yeah, I know, I'm abit poophole at times :D )

Some screen shots of "Mintropolis Base"

https://www.dropbox.com/s/46eg7tfco1a2dcm/Mintropolis Base %231.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ah7vfbbqucmq44l/Mintropolis Base %232.png?dl=0

The tile base is all one piece (welded) with the exception of the 3 landing pads at the north end.

I increased the static attach force for tiles to 5000 as the base is wandering. It has rotated about 15 degrees west around the Main Landing Pad (possibly becuase I have 4 augers all rotating in the same direction on the south edge of the industrial park

11 hours ago, Agnemon said:

Some screen shots of "Mintropolis Base"

Jdm_80Rn5rfzNNUiN4rtIDBz8OAZP7bhBfQdmpZh

Beautiful!

On 23.06.2016 at 7:08 AM, Agnemon said:

First, a blank tile (no markings) I tried flipping them upside down, but then the attachnodes are wrong. (I am experimenting with using welded tiles instead of launch clamps for building bases)

How wrong?

On 23.06.2016 at 7:08 AM, Agnemon said:

Second another tile with corner markings but the inverse of the current corner one and with the markings smaller and in the corner. If you look at the images in the OP, the ramp one has the transition from the pad to the ramp but the markings have a gap (yeah, I know, I'm abit poophole at times :D )

I'm having hard time imagining your request, would you please provide a pic of what you have in mind.

Um, my bad. looking at it again the wrong attachnodes are just those nodes that are not attached to anything (on tiles that have 2 or more faces, only one face attachs). They stick out about half the height of the nodes in the center of the tiles.

But I do have this problem. If I build a tile base upside down and with some fixtures on it, then weld it, it wants to be build upside down with EL

The orange bit is what I mean

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k22owj3pbbnrkpq/corner.png?dl=0

On 6/28/2016 at 1:33 PM, frencrs said:

Love the asphalt tiles, except a piece of asphalt those dimensions would weight more like 30,000kg.

Imagine that they're hollow :D

But I agree with you, I made the weight numbers low just because of the weight restriction of KIS. It would be a major hassle to gather 10 Kerbals around to move a single tile.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/06/2016 at 4:13 PM, Enceos said:

I'm having hard time imagining your request, would you please provide a pic of what you have in mind.

I think @Agnemon means to make a square corner where the asphalt is on the outside of the square; the opposite of the existing L - shaped marking where the asphalt is on the inside of the square.

Trying to visualize this, I think it might need to be a square dot, of side length equal to the thickness of the current lines, placed where the angle of the L is on the current corner tile.

Current interior corner markings, asphalt is above and to the right of the markings:

I    
I    
L _ _

Potential exterior corner markings, again imagine the asphalt above and to the right of the markings - the dot tile would be new:

_ _

On 6/28/2016 at 0:33 AM, frencrs said:

Love the asphalt tiles, except a piece of asphalt those dimensions would weight more like 30,000kg.

With a similar part in the Pathfinder mod, it is assumed that kerbals are using mostly local resources to create paved parts. Seems believable.

On 2016-05-21 at 5:28 AM, BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBK said:

4iXfqD9.png

to output 690dv it only needs 1/5 tank fuel, and this is enough to orbit kerbin(=・ω・=)

tweakscale will also make it half-width Σ(  ̄□ ̄||) i don't want this

What mod are those fairings from?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey!

I tried to install your hazard PP textures via ckan, but it claims to not know about them (not even if I look at the incompatibles, too, where your Ven's Revamp textures show up just fine). Confusingly enough, they are on spaceport, which claims they should be on ckan. What happen? :)

By the way, I don't know how/if it works on spaceport, but you could mark texture packs as suitable for all KSP versions, if anything they can break due to PP, but not KSP. That way you don't have to do anything on KSP updates.

• 2 weeks later...

@Enceos I am updating another mod, that has a large part that we're deciding on the scale of... I needed a large fairing to help size up my part.. I wanted something quick & easy, without having to install a full large parts mod... I've had your stock 5m fairing for awhile, and finally got to try it out... Unfortunately, it wasnt big enough... :P ... So I hope you dont mind, but I copied it and made a 7.5m (size5) one...

Not sure if there is any need or use for it, but here it is if you, or anyone else wants it:

Spoiler

+PART[fairingSize3]
{
    %name = fairingSize5

@MODEL
    {
    %scale = 2,1,2
    }

%title = AE-FF5 Airstream Protective Shell (7.5m)
%description = While the Kerbals at Mission Control were still figuring out how to get their rockets back down to Kerbin safely, the research engineers at FLOOYD were quickly realising that protecting parts on ascent was just as important. Heavy research into two-dimensional-input driven procedural construction was then funded with the hopes of making protective shells for important payloads and interstage areas of the crafts. The protective shells also have the benefit of making the craft more aerodynamic, hopefully saving on precious rocket fuel! The AE-FF5 is the experimental prototype from FLOOYD. It is designed for the largest rockets which come from private companies from various parts of Kerbin.
%mass = 1.1
%bulkheadProfiles = size5

@MODULE[ModuleProceduralFairing]
    {    

%baseRadius = 3.75
        %maxRadius = 10.5
        %xSectionHeightMax = 7
    }

}

Edited by Stone Blue

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Vince_K said:

all the the stuff is update to 1.2?

Yeah, I'm finally back to modelling.

Lil list of changes:

- Gave the Science Crate functionality of the stock Science Box, it can now collect all experiments from the vessel it's attached to.

- Added 3 more sizes to the Droptank since it would be difficult to maintain the code if I made them procedural.

- Changed some archives from .rar to .zip

- Added 3 more flags

S8yRolv.pngmOGIVgW.pngFwmL3GP.png

I'm gonna add more stuff soon, aerodynamic cap for the droptank will be first.

Edited by Enceos

1 hour ago, Enceos said:

I was working on the station screens for the Kerbal Kommander mod. I think they turned out pretty cool, so here's a link to a standalone version.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pyi7vba3wnffo0d/StationScreensStandalone.zip?dl=0

Decorate your stations :)

they look great. glad to see you creating again, as I really like your art style

2 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

they look great. glad to see you creating again, as I really like your art style

Thank you dude!

I'm not sure I have an art style. Trying to make an iconset uniform is still the hardest thing for me :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.