[1.2.x] Kerbal Hacks (Procedural Parts textures, Asphalt Tiles, Unusual parts, other hacks)

Enceos

6 minutes ago, NathanKell said:

@Enceos It's working pretty well already I'd say

I find it too stretched in the width and short in the length. The vertical seams are too close to each other, don't you think? What was a square originally becomes a stretched rectange.

Edited by Enceos

9 hours ago, BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBK said:

I like Wrapper very much, but sometimes it's too long too heavy for my little ship ( ̄▽ ̄)would you like to make  a half-length version?

Did you download the latest version? it has 2 sizes and supports tweakscale.

Edited by Enceos

7 hours ago, BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBK said:

to output 690dv it only needs 1/5 tank fuel, and this is enough to orbit kerbin(=・ω・=)

tweakscale will also make it half-width Σ(  ̄□ ̄||) i don't want this

Lol ^_^

Place this .cfg file into your GameData/KerbalHacks/WrapperTank folder. It will add two lesser sizes.

Edited by Enceos

@NathanKell I've been testing different configurations and by the looks of things the texture tiling in PP was designed with 4x symmetry around the tank (uScale = 4), other numbers make it stretch. Plus I couldn't stretch the texture past 2.5m in the tiling (autoScale) mode, PP puts limit on that. 2.5m is the current maximum possible length of one texture step.

Here's the texture without the black circle: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1pmtsxofq22jylc/KHPlanes1.dds?dl=1

I have in mind one more texture with bigger panels, I'll ping you when I make it. Unfortunately decals don't look nice on tileable textures, so it will also be plain.

Any chance we could get the welded launchpads to work as a launchpad for Extraplanetary Launchpads?

I know you can already use EL to build the launchpads (or launchpad parts), and that's great.

What I'm after is being able to have the launchpad part count as a targettable part for EL to build on.

I've got a bunch of mining vessels on Minmus using MKS to mine the supplies needed to build rockets, and a base with one of these launchpads, but I can't build rockets from one of these pads unless I put a survey stake in the ground under it, and that results in explosions.

The only problem I can think of for this change is that I don't remember if the launchpads need some kind of transform for the EL plugin to work correctly with them or not. Maybe that can be fixed by welding in a survey stake model to the launchpad models, IDK. It would probably take some experimentation.

EDIT: Scratch that last paragraph, I got a tip from EL's author, it's much simpler to do than I thought.

I've cooked up a MM patch that adds EL compatibility to all 4 of the pads in the WeldedParts sub-folder:

@PART[KHrocketPad]:NEEDS[Launchpad]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ExLaunchPad
		SpawnHeightOffset = 1.25
	}
}

@PART[KHlanderPad]:NEEDS[Launchpad]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ExLaunchPad
		SpawnHeightOffset = 1.25
	}
}

@PART[KHlanderPadRamp]:NEEDS[Launchpad]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ExLaunchPad
		SpawnHeightOffset = 1.25
	}
}

@PART[KHlanderPadSmall]:NEEDS[Launchpad]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ExLaunchPad
		SpawnHeightOffset = 1.25
	}
}

If you like, you may include this patch in the download for Asphalt Tiles.

It took me less than 5 minutes to make so I don't care if you credit me for it or not.

Edited by SciMan
Got better info, Created a MM patch for the welded launchpads

I've been using that patch since I posted it without any problems.

It works exactly as intended, I built the huge pad at my Minmus base, and now I launch more missions from Minmus than I do from Kerbin.

Edited by SciMan

On 04.06.2016 at 8:33 PM, BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBK said:

Hello, Enceos. There's something wrong with my droptanks

My liquid fuel engines cant get the fuel in the droptanks, but jet engines and 'CR-7 R.A.P.I.E.R. Engine' can (´・_・`) I redownload the game but problem still exsits, do you have some ideas?

Yep, because ModuleManager is required for that to work. I included an MM patch which enables stock crossfeed option in the settings.

Edited by Enceos

Just now, Stone Blue said:

@Enceos Any chance to get an "aerodynamic" nose-con/endcap added as a future feature for the droptank wrappers?... For when in use under atmospheric craft?

Yeah I will do that when I finish working on textures for IR Rework parts.

35 minutes ago, Enceos said:

Yeah I will do that when I finish working on textures for IR Rework parts.

You Da' Man! , er... Woman!... uh, how about:  You Da' HepCat!!... :D

Edited by Stone Blue

8 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

@Enceos Any chance to get an "aerodynamic" nose-con/endcap added as a future feature for the droptank wrappers?... For when in use under atmospheric craft?

Second this, was just going to post asking for something like this. :D 

5 hours ago, OopsThatNotWork said:

Hey just curious, has anyone else had issues with the asphalt tiles sliding across the surface if u bump into them when u use KIS to attach them to the ground?

Check the part config of the tiles, it should have a module

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleKISItem
        volumeOverride = 1500
        stackable = true
        allowPartAttach = 2
        allowStaticAttach = 1
        staticAttachBreakForce = 500 <- make sure this number is high.
    }

Just downloaded the Ashphalt Tiles pack, haven't tried them yet but my mind is already buzzing with ideas.

+10 for the EPL survey stakes ( a single origin stake in the center tile would/should do the trick)

How about lights, single ones in the corner tiles as a basic option. Strobing cascade to the center if you are feeling masochistic :D (possibly start strobing when targeted)

Are the pads targetable (for landing) and nameable (Pad 1, Tanker Pad, etc) (Have been meaning to drop a flea in Sarbins ear about adding named targets to MechJeb instead of having to put in the Long /Lat every time)

Um, how redonkulously high can the staticattach force be?

Brilliant idea, the lack has been annoying me for some time ( too lazy to learn how to do it myself tho)

@Agnemon I've been using 4 survey stakes around my pad with success. @SciMan made an EPL config in one of the upper posts:

I will make the pads targetable via EPL ExTarget Module in the future update.

The number 500 for staticAttachBreakForce probably became too low with the last KIS updates. Setting it to around 2000 should be enough.

Have fun :)

Edited by Enceos

1.0.5 player here: Any possibility that the wrapper tanks are 1.0.5-compatible or do they make use of any 1.1-specific features? (I know 1.0.5 broke some part packs from 1.0.4 due to changes in how parts needed to be modeled.) Or should I just wait and give 1.1.3 a quick whirl since it's supposedly just around the corner?

I have touched 1.1.x much because I don't want to deal with the wheel system in 1.1.x yet... And the text/UI in 1.1.x gives me a minor headache/eyestrain due to the new rendering scheme. Plus a key mod I use won't be updated until the core game is un-broken (Adjustable Landing Gear).

Edited by StahnAileron

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.