Jump to content

W.I.P Larinax Solar System v0.0.4.0


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, eloquentJane said:

I've found one issue right now. The title screen defaults to the Larinax one, and often it tries to show a different title screen (like the crashed Mun or Bust rocket), freezes for a second or so, and then goes to the Larinax one. This doesn't impede functionality but it does freeze the game briefly whenever the title screen is loaded up.

I believe that's a known Kopernicus issue, but I'll remove that until it is fixed.

Oh, yeah, if anyone goes to Laemya and the ocean is glitched out, don't bother me about it. I'm working on it.

Mind you, the update may take a few days, some of you may not realise that it takes two hours to export one body's texture, and KSP had a major fit last night, so until I get home to start the export you'll have to avoid Laemya.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some constructive criticism:

Try to tweak the textures when the new version of Kittopia Tech comes out. The current textures are good, but not great. Some parts are way too vibrant. They do look nice with Larinax's lighting, though. Try to mess around with PQSMods such as VertexHeightNoise, VertexSimplexNoiseVertHeight, or others.

Otherwise, a very cool and creative pack! :wink:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ProtoJeb21 said:

Some constructive criticism:

Try to tweak the textures when the new version of Kittopia Tech comes out. The current textures are good, but not great. Some parts are way too vibrant. They do look nice with Larinax's lighting, though. Try to mess around with PQSMods such as VertexHeightNoise, VertexSimplexNoiseVertHeight, or others.

Otherwise, a very cool and creative pack! :wink:

Can I mention the current dev version of KittopiaTech is 1.1? And anyway the planets are procedurally generated. But I'll look into it. Maybe I'll do a final colour revamp in 0.0.6 or something.

And you are saying colours I believe, but those PQS mods are height noise, they actually change the planet. Mind you, I have three mods already: VertexPlanet, VoronoiCraters and VertexHeightOffset (not actually in the mod yet, but is essential to fix the ocean bug above). VertexPlanet actually integrates multiple PQS mods into one to make it easier for modders to do specific things. The other mods can be used twice to give it more deformity, but for now colours are on my scope.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, RA3236 said:

Can I mention the current dev version of KittopiaTech is 1.1? And anyway the planets are procedurally generated. But I'll look into it. Maybe I'll do a final colour revamp in 0.0.6 or something.

And you are saying colours I believe, but those PQS mods are height noise, they actually change the planet. Mind you, I have three mods already: VertexPlanet, VoronoiCraters and VertexHeightOffset (not actually in the mod yet, but is essential to fix the ocean bug above). VertexPlanet actually integrates multiple PQS mods into one to make it easier for modders to do specific things. The other mods can be used twice to give it more deformity, but for now colours are on my scope.

Yeah, I know that Kittopia is in a serious dev stage. When the new update will come out is anyone's guess. Also, congrats on making procedually-generated planets! I thought they were made the regular way, like how my planets are. And I was talking about colors, but I listed those mods to help sharpen surface details. Then again, this mod is still as young as Larinax itself, so no rush.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, eloquentJane said:

I've found one issue right now. The title screen defaults to the Larinax one, and often it tries to show a different title screen (like the crashed Mun or Bust rocket), freezes for a second or so, and then goes to the Larinax one. This doesn't impede functionality but it does freeze the game briefly whenever the title screen is loaded up.

I think that's a kopernicus thing, it suppresses the "Mun or Bust" screen so modmakers can put whatever planet they want instead of Kerbin.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Andem said:

I think that's a kopernicus thing, it suppresses the "Mun or Bust" screen so modmakers can put whatever planet they want instead of Kerbin.

As I said, removing in the next minor update. I haven't had the issue in a while.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

Yeah, I know that Kittopia is in a serious dev stage. When the new update will come out is anyone's guess. Also, congrats on making procedually-generated planets! I thought they were made the regular way, like how my planets are. And I was talking about colors, but I listed those mods to help sharpen surface details. Then again, this mod is still as young as Larinax itself, so no rush.

Oh god you posted again :wink:

Its quite simple, actually...

*rambles on for a while about PQS mods

And that's how you make procedurally generated planets!!!

To recap:

				VertexPlanet //the basic PQS system I use, which is not really simple...
				{
					seed = 487187 //the basic seed for everything
					deformity = 10000 //how much deviation from ASL PQS changes the terrain. e.g. 1000 = tallest mountains are 1000 without VertexHeightOffest
					colorDeformity = 6000 //most of these are self explanatory
					oceanLevel = 0
					oceanStep = 0
					oceanDepth = 0
					oceanSnap = False
					terrainSmoothing = 0.100000001490116 //don't change the below
					terrainShapeStart = 2
					terrainShapeEnd = -2
					terrainRidgesMin = 0.4
					terrainRidgesMax = 1
					buildHeightColors = False
					terrainRidgeBalance = 0.1
					enabled = true //start changing things again
					order = 100
					ContinentalSimplex //the continents
					{
						deformity = 1
						octaves = 5 //how many times terrain is altered - lower is more
						persistance = 0.400000005960464 //have no idea
						frequency = 1
						Noise //same with this
						{
							octaves = 10
							persistence = 0.400000005960464
							frequency = 1
						}
					}
					RuggednessSimplex //same as ContinentalSimplex
					{
						deformity = 1
						octaves = 4
						persistance = 0.5
						frequency = 0.5
						Noise
						{
							octaves = 4
							persistence = 0.5
							frequency = 0.5
						}
					}
					SharpnessSimplexMap
					{
						deformity = 50
						octaves = 4
						persistance = 0.550000011920929
						frequency = 1.5
						Noise
						{
							octaves = 4
							persistence = 0.550000011920929
							frequency = 1.5
						}
					}
					SharpnessNoise
					{
						seed = 1
						deformity = 0.00100000004749745
						octaves = 4
						persistance = 0.5
						frequency = 0.5
						Noise
						{
							Frequency = 0.5
							Lacunarity = 0.5
							Quality = High
							OctaveCount = 4
							Seed = 23126
						}
					}
					TerrainTypeSimplex
					{
						deformity = 1
						octaves = 12
						persistance = 0.7
						frequency = 4
						Noise
						{
							octaves = 12
							persistence = 0.7
							frequency = 4
						}
					}
					LandClasses //Hey, the colouring!!!
					{
						Class //basic landclasses I use, every height is in meters, and baseColor is RGBA. Dont change anything else.
						{
							startHeight = 0
							endHeight = 0
							fractalDelta = 0.00100000004749745
							name = Ocean
							fractalStart = 0
							fractalEnd = 0.05
							baseColor = 0.5, 0.5, 0.5, 1.0
							colorNoise = 0.35, 0.35, 0.35, 1.0
							colorNoiseAmount = 0.200000002980232
							lerpToNext = True
							SimplexNoiseMap //dont change
							{
								deformity = 1 
								octaves = 4
								persistance = 0.600000023841858
								frequency = 4
								simplex
								{
									octaves = 4
									persistence = 0.600000023841858
									frequency = 4
								}
							}
						}
						Class
						{
							startHeight = 0
							endHeight = 0
							fractalDelta = 0.448999988031574
							name = Beach
							fractalStart = 0.05
							fractalEnd = 0.45
							baseColor = 0.47, 0.50, 0.11, 1.0
							colorNoise = 0.35, 0.3, 0.25, 1.0
							colorNoiseAmount = 0.200000002980232
							lerpToNext = True
							SimplexNoiseMap
							{
								deformity = 1
								octaves = 4
								persistance = 0.600000023841858
								frequency = 4
								simplex
								{
									octaves = 4
									persistence = 0.600000023841858
									frequency = 4
								}
							}
						}
						Class
						{
							startHeight = 0
							endHeight = 0
							fractalDelta = 0.449999988079071
							name = Slopes
							fractalStart = 0.45
							fractalEnd = 0.9
							baseColor = 0.597, 0.343, 0.11, 1.0
							colorNoise = 0.2, 0.2, 0.2, 1.0
							colorNoiseAmount = 0.300000011920929
							lerpToNext = True
							SimplexNoiseMap
							{
								deformity = 1
								octaves = 4
								persistance = 0.600000023841858
								frequency = 3
								simplex
								{
									octaves = 4
									persistence = 0.600000023841858
									frequency = 3
								}
							}
						}
						Class
						{
							startHeight = 0
							endHeight = 0
							fractalDelta = 1.10000002384186
							name = ScorchedHighlands
							fractalStart = 0.9
							fractalEnd = 2
							baseColor = 0.7, 0.7, 0.7, 1.0
							colorNoise = 0.35, 0.35, 0.35, 1.0
							colorNoiseAmount = 0.400000005960464
							lerpToNext = False
							SimplexNoiseMap
							{
								deformity = 1
								octaves = 4
								persistance = 0.600000023841858
								frequency = 2
								simplex
								{
									octaves = 4
									persistence = 0.600000023841858
									frequency = 2
								}
							}
						}
					} //and that's it!!!
				}

And the mod is much, MUCH younger than Larinax :wink: 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Official Roadmap for Larinax Solar System

It is time for me to share with you my plans for this mod!!!

Red: Not Started

Blue: Unlikely

Orange: WIP

Green: Completed

Larinax

  • Fix corona size

Laephus & Larinax

Brown Dwarf

  • Planned to be triple the size of Jool

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, plague006 said:

I'm looking for clarification on the mod's license. In the OP it's listed as ARR but the spacedock page and the file inside the .zip indicate CC-BY-NC-SA-4.0.

It is CC-BY-NC-SA-4.0, I'll update it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

If its a protostar, then it would have a dust and gas ring around it. I would suggest adding a ring around Larinax that is dusty coloured and has substantial gaps where the planets are. I would also suggest utilising CustomAsteroids as a Protostar would have alot of planetisimals flying about.

Nice modpack though. I like it

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Or not so good... I have a complete lack of time and motivation for this mod. Also skill to make it bueatiful like OtherWorlds. That doesn't necessarily mean I'm not developing it anymore, but I might get a small competition running so I can find out who may take over if I cannot update it. If you want to develop this mod, please send me a picture of either Laephus or Laemya that you have revamped, keeping within the feeling of the planet, either a rocky brown super-Kerbin or a moon with oceans and a hint of life on it. I want the best possible future for this planet pack as I know it can have potential.

Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...