The Bismarck! German Battleship Replica (Reduced Parts Version Released!)

The Saturnian Naval Dockyards Presents...

THE BISMARCK!

EEO1PbS.gifThe Bismarck was the first of the twin Bismarck-Class Battleships.

She served in the Kriegsmarine during WWII, and entered service on August 24th 1940.

She was named after Otto Von Bismarck, the primary force behind Germany's unification in 1871.  It led a short career participating in Operation Rheinubung in May 1941 to raid allied shipping in the Atlantic. The British spotted her and the heavy cruiser Prinz Eugen several time in Scandinavia. They intercepted her and Prinz Eugen at The Battle Of The Denmark Strait, but soon HMS Hood, pride of the Royal Navy was destroyed, and Prince of Wales was heavily damaged. Bismarck took multiple hits and suffered an oil leak, and it split off from Prinz Eugen to reach Occupied France. The British Fleet’s Ark Royal deployed Swordfish bombers and one scored a hit on the battleships rudder, disabling it. In the final battle involving a huge portion of the British Fleet the next morning, the heavy bombardment resulted in her being scuttled by the crew. 2200 men were killed.

MODS

BDArmory C.A.L KerbPaint NAS - Naval Artillery System Procedural Parts TweakScale - Rescale Everything! WW2 Warships

DOWNLOAD

This has been my main project for the past few weeks. It is fully functional, reaching 16.8 M/s, and is 251 Meters long, and is at 907 parts.

Notes on landing in the water-

Use VesselMover Or Hyperedit, and when you fall, keep your vertical speed under 7M/s.

1-Toggles Engines

2-Thrust Reversers On and Off

3-38CM Main Batteries

4-10.5CM Secondaries

5-12.7CM (IRL 15CM) Secondaries

6-Toggles AA Guns

7-Makes the AA Guns start shooting without clicks.

MAIN BATTERY GUNS IN ACTIONKegfn3Q.gif

RUDDERS SHIFTING

gO5d8Y0.gifAA GUNS IN ACTION

M4K3UBY.gif

"In Norway" Stripes

This is the appearance of the Bismarck as it entered Norway. Note* The ship had swastikas in the front and back, but figuring that it wouldn't be much appreciated on the forums, i've gone with the Maltese Cross.

DOWNLOAD

REDUCED PARTS VERSION

A somewhat more sane 636 part version of the vessel for those with not too good computers (that may change in 1.1...)

DOWNLOAD

Thanks For Reading, if you find any issues, let me know!

Edited by SaturnianBlue

31 minutes ago, He_162 said:

HOLY MOTHER! I LOVE IT!

Hmm, I'd be interested if you could build a fairly low part count Arado seaplane to go with the Bismarck.

@Azimech I used quite a few large boilers. Probably went overkill, but I can use redundancy as an excuse. :P 

Edited by SaturnianBlue

3 minutes ago, SaturnianBlue said:

Hmm, I'd be interested if you could build a fairly low part count Arado seaplane to go with the Bismarck.

I built one last week for my heavy cruiser. Uses sepatrons to launch from deck.

Edited by Azimech

45 minutes ago, SaturnianBlue said:

@Azimech I used quite a few large boilers. Probably went overkill, but I can use redundancy as an excuse. :P 

I can make an Arado-234, I can do 150 parts or less if that works for you, with a custom cockpit, RATO units, and nice looking engine nacelles!

40 minutes ago, pTrevTrevs said:

Give me a few days and I'll see what I can do. I should have a few pictures of the Arado seaplane lying around somewhere.

Okay you want the job? Then I'll use my time for other things and won't finish mine, I've got a pile of work in front of me to update my mods.

I must now go home and install this mod plus BD Armory.

Then I shall build a Swordfish.

I've always thought the attack on the Bismarck was the inspiration for the Death Star Trench Run. A bunch of tiny outgunned fighters, attacking one of the most advanced vessels in existence which is carrying enough firepower to utterly annihilate the rebels/supply convoys. Finally, somebody scores a one in a million hit that cripples the super weapon. 

I know the whole Nazis=Empire thing is well known. My inner history nerd just loves all the details, and wonders if they were intentional (TIE Fighter screech= Stuka Jericho Trumpet, Hoth=Operation Barbarossa.) 

Edited by kmMango

31 minutes ago, Azimech said:

Okay you want the job? Then I'll use my time for other things and won't finish mine, I've got a pile of work in front of me to update my mods.

Oh, sorry, I missed your first post. If you already have one in the works I won't get in your way.

1 minute ago, zekes said:

I smell a challenger approaching. Maybe this old thing wasn't worthless after all. 

x6wk4YL.jpg

Oh my... that's amazing! There is a thing to note though: you've got a ship loaded with missiles, and there is a gap between stock and mod armor plates.

49 minutes ago, kmMango said:

I must now go home and install this mod plus BD Armory.

Then I shall build a Swordfish.

I've always thought the attack on the Bismarck was the inspiration for the Death Star Trench Run. A bunch of tiny outgunned fighters, attacking one of the most advanced vessels in existence which is carrying enough firepower to utterly annihilate the rebels/supply convoys. Finally, somebody scores a one in a million hit that cripples the super weapon. 

My current plans are just for The Battle Of The Denmark Strait, but the Last Battle Of the Bismarck would be interesting to cover also. By the way, the armor in the stern of my Bismarck is intentionally weak, a nod to the stern breaking off of the Bismarck and the damage to the stern of the Prinz Eugen.

1 hour ago, Matuchkin said:

Now for some american divebombers, and a picture of the ship flipping over. Love it.

united-states-enacts-lend-lease-bill-8.j

Also, can you please make a model of the Tirpitz?

I might make a Tirpitz, the two aren't too much different. Yes, I will drop some tallboys on it. :) 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.