Phenom Anon X

The "You know you're playing a lot of KSP when..." thread

I haven't seen one of these threads yet, forgive me if it exists already.

I fell asleep last night watching some 1990's videos from NASA on orbital mechanics. I then woke up this morning, made a coffee, fed the cats and started watching this Orbital Mechanics video from MIT and realised, that I spend way too much time obsessing over KSP.

http://youtu.be/8EWohKdE6oA

Thank you Squad, for enhancing my life; really.

Does anyone else here have an unusual affinity with KSP that has changed their daily routine in some small way, or is it just me?

• Like 7

You see a human, I see a Kerbal,

You see a squid, I see the kraken,

You see a plane, I see a spaceplane,

You see Jupiter, I see Jool,

You see earth, I see Kerbin,

You see the sun, I see Kerbol

Oh god I think I'm way too addicted

• Like 14

You know you play too much KSP when you start creating rockets in your dreams that actually work in KSP.

Edited by ZedNova
  • Like 28

I spend way too much time in Blender crafting new spaceship parts than I actually do flying the parts I make. (I guess Im an R&D~aholic)

• Like 3

You know you play to much KSP when you think about the "You play too much KSP, when..." thread that was here before The Purge and try to remember what peoply said there.

You know you play to much KSP when you see the Moon rising above earth and think: "I could totally go there with a rocket and land on the surface" (I thought that only yesterday XD)

You know you play too much KSP when you look at the Moon and start to remember you best landings on Mün and think: "I was there"

• Like 8

When you start to see rocket fuel tanks in a railway siding. I thought the water tank looked like a Rockomax X200-16 Fuel Tank.

• Like 6

When you say to your friends: Well, at least I can land on the Mun and complete an interplanetary mission using 1000km of delta-v!

• Like 2

When you can't take any sci-fi film serious anymore(except a few hard sci-fi ones).

• Like 21

When you pull into a parking lot and need to fight the urge to burn retrograde and turn on RCS to get into the space.

• Like 15

When I see this and say

tJ4mhFo.png

That ain't going to space! Too little Delta-V!

• Like 14

You know you play too much when you see a mobile phone antenna and think "That looks like a probe"

or

When you time doing stuff in real life to match the time of your latest burn or you think "I`ll leave warp off and that will give me time to eat"

• Like 10

You know that you're playing too much KSP when the time you've spent in forums is now exponentially greater than the time you've spent playing the game.

• Like 9

When you start yelling at Sci-Fi movies and your peers for not understanding orbital mechanics.

• Like 20

When you pull into a parking lot and need to fight the urge to burn retrograde and turn on RCS to get into the space.

I turn off my main engine (clutch) and use thrusters (steering wheel and brakes) to park very slowy and carefully making sure not to damage the docking port.

I may need help.

• Like 8

When your engineer friend starts ignoring your calls during the week. ;.;

• Like 4

When you right click on screenshots to rotate the camera.

• Like 20

When you visualize the ideal placement of struts and RCS ports on things you see in real life.

• Like 6

...When you're driving down a little back road at night, and the moon rises over the hill in front of you, and you have to consciously stop yourself from flooring the accelerator pedal in a vain effort to "burn for the Mun."

• Like 12

...When you have the urge to purchase SRBs at your local Engine-parts vendor.

• Like 1

...When you screw up the name of a website because you had your finger hovering over "T" and "R"

• Like 3