The "You know you're playing a lot of KSP when..." thread

Phenom Anon X

When your engineer friend starts ignoring your calls during the week. ;.;

I'm an engineer, I wish my friends would call me in the week asking about stuff in KSP=P None of my friends play it.. I may have the wrong friends.

Edited by Kerbrud

When you start seriosly claiming your ability to pilot a Soyuz through launch and docking with the ISS! hehehe..

Also, when your girlfriend interupts something your're about to say with "is this about KSP?"

You know you play KSP too much when you say Apoapsis and Periapsis instead of Apogee and Perigee.

Well, techically, the Apogee and Perigee is an Apoapsis and Periapsis respectively. The "-gee"-suffix is just to specifically set these points to Earth. For instance, the Perigee on Jupiter is called the Perijove. On Kerbin, it could be Perikee.

Yes. These terms I learnt from playing KSP. I am thankful for that!=D

When you see a tractor trailer and think of the trailer as the booster and the truck itself as the payload.

Oh, you silly thing!

OBVIOUSLY the trailer is the payload, and the tractor is the booster. It just happens to be a very high-ISP airbreathing booster, thus allowing a very generous Payload Fraction.

Oh, you silly thing!

OBVIOUSLY the trailer is the payload, and the tractor is the booster. It just happens to be a very high-ISP airbreathing booster, thus allowing a very generous Payload Fraction.

When you tell someone the way they think of a tractor trailer as a rocket is the wrong way to think of a tractor trailer as a rocket. :P

When you can't fall asleep even though you're in your bed because you keep designing ships and planning missions in your head.

...And finding out that those mission happened to perfectly plausible, proved by successfully doing said mission the next night.

I was watching a video on youtube about the soyuz's launch, Soyuz undocking, reentry and landing(

). In that video, they said that the ISS could rotate to facilitate the docking(and undocking).

The first thing I thought was "don't they have wobbling problems?"

Also, I was watching the ISS earth viewing experiment on a livestream; I was waiting for the moment where the ISS would pass from the bright side to the dark side of the earth. I thought several time that I should time warp to that moment.

Edited by goldenpeach

I try to timewarp all the time while I'm sitting in the train ... or when I leave the house and I forgot to bring something, I'm like "F9" ... and it does nothing :(

To be honest, I'm kind of worried that I'm thinking like this. One of these days I'm going to end up trying to cross a busy street and in my mind its not dangerous because "I can just reload my quicksave!"

I try to timewarp all the time while I'm sitting in the train ... or when I leave the house and I forgot to bring something, I'm like "F9" ... and it does nothing :(

To be honest, I'm kind of worried that I'm thinking like this. One of these days I'm going to end up trying to cross a busy street and in my mind its not dangerous because "I can just reload my quicksave!"

To be perfectly candid, if it's true, it is dangerous, because it demonstrates a disconnection from reality.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.