The "You know you're playing a lot of KSP when..." thread

Phenom Anon X

I never remember to quicksave. I have to agonise over past decisions like everyone else.

That said, I can't watch BSG anymore without wondering where the Vipers store all the RCS fuel they must need.

I never remember to quicksave. I have to agonise over past decisions like everyone else.

That said, I can't watch BSG anymore without wondering where the Vipers store all the RCS fuel they must need.

lol, you mean onboard the vipers themselves or in general? I figured it is tylium ore or extracted from it. It's mentioned at one point they have 5 years worth of tylium for the fleet stored IIRC.

Edited by Pwnstarr

lol, you mean onboard the vipers themselves or in general? I figured it is tylium ore or extracted from it. I mean the battlestar alone was able to store at least 5 years worth of tylium for the fleet IIRC.

Meh. RCS was just for the inertial kick. They were totally using capsule torque baby! :D

To be perfectly candid, if it's true, it is dangerous, because it demonstrates a disconnection from reality.

Don't worry, I'm not disconnected from reality, I'm a rocketship! Whooooosh!

I've always thought of Mun as having an invisible umlaut. I don't know why.

You wouldn't be the only one. I think that "Mün" is one of the spellings as listed in the KSP wiki. To be honest, as Mün is obviously a Moon-analogue, it does seem natural to have the cheeky little umlaut in there to adjust the pronunciation accordingly.

Also, when I look at the little Estes camera-rocket I have here and start thinking about methods for attaching multiple stages, moar boosters and a plushie Jebediah. Yes, that's when I'm thinking I play too much KSP.

When you seriously consider dropping about 600 bucks for computer parts that will yield only a few more frames..

Wouldn't be the first time someone upgraded a system just to play a particular game. When "Descent 3" came out, many didn't have 3DFX Graphics cards, myself included, at that point a new MB was in order to go with the bus for the card, and a new processor to go with the new MB, and RAM, and .... XP to run it all vice '98SE ...

I've always thought of Mun as having an invisible umlaut. I don't know why.

It actually does have an umlaut. As already mentioned, check the wiki; it has it there!

In fact, if you're interested in maintaining accuracy (if you get that little twitch over such things like I do), use ALT-129 and you can type "Mün" all day long. :D

When you are taking a lesson in earth/space science, and they try to teach a little about orbits and gravity, and you're sitting here sweating and shouting "No! No No No NO!!! It's all wrong!" and having a teacher wonder what the heck im talking about. (they were saying that eliptical orbits were ovals, like regular ovals, with 2 periapsi and two apoapsi on opposing sides, among various other obvious mistakes)

Writing an essay on Cassini/Huygens, typing stuff about how Titan is the only moon known to have a thick atmosphere, and I get a nagging feeling I'm wrong somehow.

Laythe. The other moon I was thinking of was Laythe.

When you seriously consider dropping about 600 bucks for computer parts that will yield only a few more frames..

This is soooo me!

I managed to convince myself of how my perfectly functioning laptop meeting my all my needs other than KSP wasn't cutting it anymore. Bought a laptop with a serious GPU and 4 times the max ram this 32 bit masterpiece uses (didnt know at the time, thought 16 gb ram would allow me to KSP better. Shut up, I know now, I was wrong)

And this, just to launch "moar" rockets while I'm away from my beast of a desktop.

Did I mention I keep the save files on these machines synced, and carry a save file on a USB on my lanyard, just in case?

Yeah, I have a problem!!!:sticktongue:

When you are taking a 60 question test on basic space science, and you misread ONE question and get it wrong even though you know the answer, and finish the test with a 59 out of 60, and legitly try to convince your teacher to let you retake the whole 60 question test just because you knew the answer and didn't wanna get a question about space wrong.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.