The "You know you're playing a lot of KSP when..." thread

Phenom Anon X

When you have a dream which combines KSP, Civ 4 and Minecraft.

Get advanced in minecraft. Launch a rocket to Duna for space race victory.

When going to the toilet at school, you imagine you are orbiting buildings and frequently blow air out of your mouth to stimulate RCS.

Every time I play KSP for an extended period of time I tell myself I'm burning prograde into a trajectory of no life... Let's just hope I have enough monopropellent to turn retrograde before it becomes an escape trajectory from reality.

Oh god what am I saying.

When you start using orbital mechanics to describe work events. Say like....

If we are going to change the requirements, it is cheaper and easier to change them now rather than wait until just before implementation is done. Just like orbit changes in space take less dV if you do them earlier rather than later.

When your significant other nicknames your youngest son Jeb because she claims heis eyes makes him resemble a kerbal. (True story)

When you read this and seriously consider naming your future son Jebediah K.

Don't get me started, Ksp is just one of those games you Have to play. I am a militaristic builder, so i have found myself with many Craft files that i constantly am updating because of me gaining a better understanding of the game. But that will eventually Stop? Right?

:huh:

When you're scared of jumping into a pool because you think you'll explode into sploosh.

When you angle yourself headfirst when falling to increase your chances of survival.

When you attribute spacecraft failures to the Kraken.

- - - Updated - - -

When you want to say "Joolian" instead of "Jovian."

...when you realise that if KSP was real life, you'd be getting 30x the salary of your *actual* day job.

To be honest though, my day job products are 30x less dangerous. I guess it balances out.

...when you realise that if KSP was real life, you'd be getting 30x the salary of your *actual* day job.

To be honest though, my day job products are 30x less dangerous. I guess it balances out.

Just 30x less dangerous???

... do you produce? Nukes?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.