The "You know you're playing a lot of KSP when..." thread

Phenom Anon X

You know you've been playing too much KSP when you know all the sizes and orientations of the structural wing parts. You know what I'm talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

When you watch the Martian and compare Matt Damon to Jeb after you marooned him on Duna. You then start thinking of hollywood flaws with space travel, at least starting with the centrifuge on the Hermes not going fast enough to create 1G

Pretty

• 1 month later...

When you're visiting the campus where your father studied 30 years ago and ask "What's that building?" and get "That's the administration building" as an answer, proceeded by you imagining 4 kerbals sitting inside a room inside the building, each one representing a certain part of the campus, discussing their strategies.

True story.

When you constantly say "Mun" or "Munar" instead of "Moon" or "Lunar".

When you look for timewarp, F5, and F9 in real life. 

When you are horrified by the amount of people that have no clue about what Space is actually like IRL.

When you can't take any sci-fi Space movie/book/comic seriously. 

When you look at IRL Spacecraft and think "why did they need so much Delta-V..." before remembering orbital velocity is higher IRL than in KSP due to the difference in size between Kerbin and Earth.

When I say mun landing or if I say instead of "comet" I say "minmus" also if I say kerbol and not the sun. Also if I say intakeair and not air(yes I've done that in the following context "does the X-15 use intakeair or oxidizer" in the air and space museum). 

The ship was positioned on a bugged spot of the launchpad.  Upon physics load, it went into the Kraken Dance.  The tail fins got slung off and destroyed several unimportant facilities in the vicinity with minimal loss of life.  Then the whole rocket just fell apart.

05-06 Eve Lander Kraken Issues

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.