The "You know you're playing a lot of KSP when..." thread

Phenom Anon X

When you think back to the time they pulled a frieghter in a higher orbit with a railgun in a book in the Sci-Fi series Expanse and then suddenly think: "But the text implies them firing down, telling to stop firing while above the settelment, but they should have fired retrograde to get into a higher orbit!" and then go on to think how to explain that to the person who wrote the text without using prograde marker and radial/anti-radial for the whole church service...

Edited by superstrijder15
oops, wrote one word double

• 2 weeks later...

You know you're playing a lot of KSP when...

You turn up late for lunch at your grandparents house and your family laugh and all acuse you of not putting your clocks forward in the night when, infact you were up til 5.30am on KSP building experimental rovers.....

When you're in bored in class and begin to plan your next Jool probe. And when the teacher asks you a question, you say "I only need about 3000 m/s of DV to get into orbit!"

Just now, Rath said:

When you try to use the olberth effect while running cause a turn is by a tree.

I do that whenever there's a railing or something and I have a sharp turn :wink:

Just now, Puggonaut said:

When you think 2TB's of Hard Drive space won't be enough for the all the pics , videos and mods :mellow:

Holy Cow, how many freakin mods/pics/videos do you have!?

18 hours ago, JT531 said:

When you're in bored in class and begin to plan your next Jool probe. And when the teacher asks you a question, you say "I only need about 3000 m/s of DV to get into orbit!"

Isn't it like 2240 m/s, or am I just assuming that's for super low LKO, and you're putting it in like a 100,000 m orbit?

20 hours ago, Spaceception said:

Isn't it like 2240 m/s, or am I just assuming that's for super low LKO, and you're putting it in like a 100,000 m orbit?

JT531 is probably counting the flight from ground level, fighting gravity and aerodynamic drag.

I know I'm playing a lot of KSP when I feel it is my obligation to inform people of this sort of thing whether they ask for it or not.

When you right click every screen/video to get a better view on the scene ... :blush:

When you start calculating masses and deltaV of common objects around you .... 

When you cant take alien movies serious anymore because all you see are not green aliens, but kerbals...

Edited by theorigin

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.