The "You know you're playing a lot of KSP when..." thread

Phenom Anon X

On 12/1/2016 at 1:16 AM, TheKosanianMethod said:

While sitting in the gym, you see three girls sitting in a triangle tossing a ball around, and they have their legs out as to keep the ball in their circle.

Then you think, "That is a perfect representation of a perfect keosynchronous comms network with three satellites and their FOVs."

Just happened. 

Unlike normal people seeing girls sitting in a circle, who would just try and talk to them.

• 5 weeks later...
On 21/5/2013 at 9:59 AM, ZingidyZongxxx said:

Ha, too much KSP. You're funny.

Also, I now say Mun instead of Moon.

This happens to me recently when I talked to my family.

*News talking about the "Super Moon"*

Me: "That's funny. The news said the Mun is the only satellite on Earth. There should be two satellite around Earth." :huh:

Family: "Two?! Which two?"

Me: "Well...... Mun and Min.......................................... Wait..........." :P

When the last day of the semester I am grading the last exams and I have a mechJeb making several nodes to continue the game and the travels of my ships, to advance on my current game (near of 200 hours)

And one of the exercises of the Test is a orbits of phobos and deimos around Mars, only 2 students made it correctly until now. 

I was about to send a risky text to a girl IIRC, so I thought "ooh, better quicksave... wait what?".

I tried to quicksave IRL. 

I remember being slightly confused about how one actually does that BEFORE I remembered that F5 is for games, not reality..

19 hours ago, RandomUser said:

When your Steam hours equate to almost a month. 

awww bless you :wink:

When you have a dream in which you have a glimpse of 3D model of the Moon on TV. A very detailed model with all the terrain clearly visible, especially edges of biggest craters as the point of view flies... And then you realize it's not the Moon - it's the Mun!

P.S. There was the planet briefly shown, too - although I didn't see enough to distinguish if that was Earth or Kerbin

...when you are pressing c to turn off snap...in another program...five times in a row...which happened just now.

I think I'm going to remap all keybindings in all my drawing/vector programs to fit with the KSP keymapping......omg, thats another "you know when..."

Need help edit: need more time off work :)

Edited by Epicdreamer

On 1/27/2017 at 10:14 AM, DarkOwl57 said:

When you watch movies like Apollo 13 and wonder 'Why don't they just turn SAS on?'

When you watch things like Apollo 13 and wonder why they didn't just pop timewarp on and off, realize "Oh yeah, NASA uses Persistent Rotation.", then realize real life doesn't have mods and that your entire line of thought has been silly.

You know you've played a lot of KSP when you remember a mod from 5 years ago and on searching discover that the links haven't been hosted for years... but then find the zip file in your KSP archives.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.