The "You know you're playing a lot of KSP when..." thread

Phenom Anon X

14 hours ago, HerrCrazi said:

When you open a pack of crisps and says "How this would fly?"

Poorly, unless it's a really light parabolic hyperboloid like a Pringle, in which case that's actually a problem they had to solve at their packaging facilities.

20 hours ago, RoadRunnerAerospace said:

Love the engineers report 

It'll fly amazingly

21 hours ago, MoarBoostersRUS said:

I did this last year:D asked them how much ram I should get to run ksp with 100+ mods at near 4K graphics:sticktongue:

The sad part is that I did multi monitor ksp In 1440p 60fps with more mods than I can list

On 13/10/2017 at 11:16 PM, NateisKerbal said:

It'll fly amazingly

You're not really wrong.... I launched it.... and it went to about 10000m before loosing control due to the high rotation speed caused by the inclined engines creating a rotating moment of thrust. This is the best craft ever made by a Kerbal :D

4 hours ago, HerrCrazi said:

You're not really wrong.... I launched it.... and it went to about 10000m before loosing control due to the high rotation speed caused by the inclined engines creating a rotating moment of thrust. This is the best craft ever made by a Kerbal :D

What you need is more boosters that cancel the rotation when necessary.

On 9/25/2017 at 9:36 PM, qzgy said:

When Mars is known as Duna in your brain.

When you confuse EVERY SINGLE planet in KSP with it's analogue (If a planet doesn't have a KSP analogue, it doesn't exist)

And when you confuse one of them in class, it takes you a full half-hour to realize why everyone is giving you funny looks...

Also, when Steam says you have played 2000 hours, and you bought the game 2100 hours (3 months) ago

I need help...

Edited by JK_Kerbineer

When you try to use the same controls to rotate the screen with other games as you do with KSP...

And here's how you know when you've watched too many Scott Manley videos - when you begin to read "how-to" threads and as you read them, you hear them in Scott Manley's voice...

Edited by adsii1970

2 hours ago, JK_Kerbineer said:

And when you confuse one of them in class, it takes you a full half-hour to realize why everyone is giving you funny looks...

Which one was it? What did you do after you found out you messed them up?

Just out of curiosity.

20 minutes ago, Delay said:

Which one was it? What did you do after you found out you messed them up?

Just out of curiosity.

@Delay I was telling one of my friends the acronym for all the planets, and accidentally said Duna, Kerbin, Jool,  Moho and Eeloo instead of their counterparts ( I didn' t mess up Venus/Eve since they sound very different).

I just told them it was some meme they never heard of.

Sorry if this is off-topic.

Last night I installed Extraplanetary Launch Pads.  Played with it for about 30 minutes, then had to get to bed.  Not sure why I bothered, though, since I spent the next 3 hours staring at the ceiling designing a single launch manufacturing vessel/lander destined for Dres in my head...

I should probably take a break from this game at some point.

I am a landscape gardener by profession and I cut lots of grass with my Honda mower.....this last 2 weeks the drone of the engine after a few hours starts "sounding like" some of the KSP music when you initially reach space......I know its crazy but it really does.......

... when you're [oh yeah the autocensor kicks in here, just say "word for really angry" and "urination"] off that your law school hosted a talk on the legal ramifications of Humans to Mars by 2034, and you're practically screamjng at the announcement poster "I would have slayed that ["fecal matter"], I've been to Duna countless times already!"

DISCLAIMER: "No, Your Honor, I have not legitimately gone to Duna yet (apart from Hyperedit/orbit cheat tests), let alone countless times, as this law school was too busy sucking the life out of me for me to do so in  1.0.x before I graduated; I am working on it now; however am not making much progress either because of the [another bad word] bar!"

;.;

Edited by B-STRK
Am legitimately in tears because of the bar.

On 13-10-2017 at 3:23 AM, katateochi said:

When scatterer causes KSC to flood but you know KSC so well it doesn't even slightly slow you down when navigating between buildings.

Spoiler

T7rxsTX.jpg

Pff, that's nothing, hold on..: :D

cH8TAp9.png

Edited by DrLicor

Ohh friends. The burnout :(

I know ive played too much because i cant play it anymore!

I still imagine missions, goals and designs, but i simply can't double click the icon of the desktop. I know it is going to be so much work, i instantly got overwhelmed (crying).

I still enter the forum and pay attention to the posts, I create new ones, i give advices to newbies and suggest features but...

I think im done with KSP.

Don't know how many many hours days weeks months years will i have ihad nvested (never wasted) in this masterwork. Ive learned a lot. This was just the perfect game for me for years, i can only have words of thanks for the developpers, modders and this awesome community.

Maybe some day i will regain the force of will for working (i dont even consider playing) KSP.

When you try to imitate realistic aerodynamics using only the stock physics. (Slats never work)

When designing and testing airliners has become more fun than actually playing the game as it is meant to be played.

rAZCFxK.jpg

L83WCg5.jpg

KvNH6oR.jpg

urUigRL.jpg

What happened to my life, cri~

This is only from the last 3 days ^^

When you offhandedly mention that you have more than 2000hrs in KSP and your friends give you the look.

When your computer complains that your storage is running out (I have 200+GB dedicated to KSP)

When you boot up your computer and your fingers instinctively reach for a joystick/throttle/KSP controls

When you internally scream when you accidentally launch the 32bit version.

When you get used to your graphics card screaming in agony whenever you play.

Yeah... I play too much for my own good.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.