The "You know you're playing a lot of KSP when..." thread

Phenom Anon X

I remember once in Year 9. I said that pluto had an elliptical orbit (in a physics lesson) and everyone looked at me weird. Including the teacher. I honestly don't know how he got his job.

Also, I often get annoyed when a TV show or video game defies orbital mechanics or whatever,  and I'm not afraid to express my annoyance to the people around me. 

On 10/24/2017 at 8:35 AM, A Soviet Tank said:

I remember once in Year 9. I said that pluto had an elliptical orbit (in a physics lesson) and everyone looked at me weird. Including the teacher. I honestly don't know how he got his job.

Also, I often get annoyed when a TV show or video game defies orbital mechanics or whatever,  and I'm not afraid to express my annoyance to the people around me. 

Which Soviet tank is in your profile pic?

7 minutes ago, Ty Tan Tu said:

The local news was just reporting about the 'Russia Probe' which I am sure most have been about Mueller's investigation, but I immediately thought of Russia's Luna programme. When does Making History come out?

I had something similar happen not long ago when one of the local headlines read:

"Tropical Storm forecast to hit KSC"

WHAT???

I had to stop for a minute...

"Oh, yeah, Kennedy space center... right..."

Edited by Just Jim

On 10/22/2017 at 9:11 AM, NightshineRecorralis said:

When your computer complains that your storage is running out (I have 200+GB dedicated to KSP)

When you boot up your computer and your fingers instinctively reach for a joystick/throttle/KSP controls

When you internally scream when you accidentally launch the 32bit version.

When you get used to your graphics card screaming in agony whenever you play

200+GB i didn't know that was possible  

as for the rest yeah happens every time

On 10/23/2017 at 2:24 PM, Delay said:

Oh no, no, no. It's happening! It has begun...

Great, now I'm hearing KSP music without even playing the game.

Yeah I've been like that for years

On 10/24/2017 at 11:35 AM, A Soviet Tank said:

Me every day:P

On ‎2017‎-‎10‎-‎25 at 6:23 PM, A Soviet Tank said:

Its a KV-1. Not sure what variant though. 

Probably Model 1940. 39 would lack the somewhat prominent recuperator block on the front of the mantlet, and 41 would have a gun barrel sticking out a little further than the hull. Any newer models had cast turrets with rounded edges which would look a little less sharp even in a silhouette image like that.

The more you know!

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.