The "You know you're playing a lot of KSP when..." thread

Phenom Anon X

On 11/20/2017 at 4:45 PM, TheMadKraken2297 said:

When you get severely annoyed because people say Apogee and Perigee instead of Apoapsis and Periapsis.

Apogee and perigee are correct for Earth. The "gee" suffix relates to Earth. Similarly, around the Moon you have apolune/perilune or apselene/periselene, around Saturn you have apochron/perichron, and around Pluto you have aphadion/perihadion. Apoapsis/periapsis are general terms which apply to any orbit, but a lot of planets (and the Moon) have their own unique ones.

Just now, eloquentJane said:

Apogee and perigee are correct for Earth. The "gee" suffix relates to Earth. Similarly, around the Moon you have apolune/perilune or apselene/periselene, around Saturn you have apochron/perichron, and around Pluto you have aphadion/perihadion. Apoapsis/periapsis are general terms which apply to any orbit, but a lot of planets (and the Moon) have their own unique ones.

The more you know!

• 2 months later...

When you spend more time writing KSP stories in the Mission Reports section than writing that essay that needs to be finished.......

"PLEASE DON"T GIVE ME A ZERO. I"LL BE KILLED BY MY PARENTS! PLEASE!"

"Your essay is a blank sheet of paper, of course I'm giving you a ZERO!"

Edited by Alpha 360

On 30.10.2014 at 11:03 PM, Redwizard000 said:

When you have managed to convince yourself that if NASA somehow hired you as a pilot that you could easily fly a real rocket into space and dock it with the ISS with no real world training or experience.

As long as we could use a keyboard

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.