The "You know you're playing a lot of KSP when..." thread

Phenom Anon X

I think it's been said before, but the one that gets me is that I'm constantly right clicking on pictures and expecting to be able to rotate my camera view. I've done it in the forums, which is forgivable, but also caught my self doing it while looking at an ad for a new car  :/ 

19 hours ago, ZootinZack said:

One of my two front doors always opens when you close the other and my mind went "damn the hatch is not secured"

Hey, at least it's not obstructed.  Then you couldn't get out to fetch the surface sample mail. :confused:

6 hours ago, Tyko said:

I think it's been said before, but the one that gets me is that I'm constantly right clicking on pictures and expecting to be able to rotate my camera view. I've done it in the forums, which is forgivable, but also caught my self doing it while looking at an ad for a new car  :/ 

I do this while watching other people's YT videos.

I keep trying to pan the camera, bring up the Navball or open Science here and Now.

Still on that bad habit.

Talking about 2001 (the novel) and I say it does a close flyby of Jool. I didn't even remember or catch that until a couple days later.

Edit: Same essay - checking for further substitution errors. I say something about Mun colonies.

Edited by qzgy

you knoe when you played to much ksp when......

every time you go out of your house yo say im going EVA

you whant solar panels on every veicle

you have a relay antenna

when you buy a car you want to see its center of mass lift and thrust

in a test,when they ask you what are the solar sistem planets you write:Moho,eve, kerbin...

On 2/19/2018 at 10:16 PM, Confused Scientist said:

When you're playing the game and you alt-tab without realizing it and you now have a Word document that looks like this:

zt wwwwwdawwwwwwwwwwqqe qeewwwwwwwwwsssswsx zqqewwwwwwwwwwssf....,,,,z xm....,,,,zxmrhhhllliiiikimr wwwwwwwrhhhhhhhnnnnnllinnn rnnnnnnnnnnnnwwwwwwwwwqqqqqqqqqqeee1

(not shown: the abort command, because it's a backspace)

When you burst out laughing in the middle of class reading this because it’s happened to you and everyone looks at you weird... (Seriously, this made my day)

• 5 months later...

Sorry to bump this, but this thread should never die.

You know you play too much KSP when you consider this a "lightly modded" install:

2olBTXO.png?1

EDIT: You really play too much KSP if you notice what mod is missing.

Spoiler

Module Manager :/

Double edit: And a whole stack of other dependencies.

Edited by Mad Rocket Scientist

When you play with RSS (carrer)and have made a base on all the planets and moons and have thousands of satellites around space and when you try to recreate ksp  (in scratch) in your ITC lesson :D

And also do you know that night got that you could see Jupiter and Venus close ?well that night I dreamed about seeing Eve and Jool in the sky :D:D:D:D

Edited by JPGSP

When you're writing the description for the next spacecraft in a series, depicting the successes and failures of the previous craft, then saying something along the lines of: "we made this one different with ___", THEN occasionally in the descriptions you try to portray any 'comments' made by a person from a fictitious meeting you held, discussing any further improvements or other mission goals to try to achieve with the spacecraft series before moving on to a different line of spacecraft entirely. In addition, assuming you're playing career mode and enjoy doing the rescue missions, you'd pretend that the stranded kerbonauts were from less successful missions done by other space agencies, and that you'd try anything to reuse older spacecraft series in an attempt to relive the old days as rescue craft; often with varying success rates.

All in all, given the way I've described my addiction to this game, I can safely say that:

A) I'm borderline schizophrenic

or, most likely

B) I need to start my own youtube series about the spacecraft I design and their mission(s), perhaps as a documentary style. 

On 5/20/2013 at 10:21 AM, ZedNova said:

You know you play too much KSP when you start creating rockets in your dreams that actually work in KSP.

Lmao I did that last night. Designed it today and launched it perfectly!

On 8/23/2018 at 11:33 PM, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Sorry to bump this, but this thread should never die.

You know you play too much KSP when you consider this a "lightly modded" install:

2olBTXO.png?1

EDIT: You really play too much KSP if you notice what mod is missing.

Reveal hidden contents

Module Manager :/

Double edit: And a whole stack of other dependencies.

*Ahem* Where's Kerbal Engineer???

54 minutes ago, Idgo said:

Lmao I did that last night. Designed it today and launched it perfectly!

*Ahem* Where's Kerbal Engineer???

I just forgot it. I made a new clean install of 1.4.5, and just copied out the mods for a "lightly modded" install from my heavily modded 1.4.5 install. So I missed a few, including KER.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.