The "You know you're playing a lot of KSP when..." thread

Phenom Anon X

u see this: and think

9Ps4jXF.jpg

did the change the kerbals in 1.5? looks so different dont like teir new eva suits,too yellowish!

is KAS 1.0 released,nice kerbal actuators crane well done angel125 and oh man these new TU shaders are great, from shadomages/electrocutor fantastic work or Wazs EVE clouds(maybe the bundle the power and doin shadered clouds -yeah!),looks so realistic you can almost not differentiate from real!

ksp in gettin better and better 1.5

proves it, thx squad and community

So, today, I saw a guy walking down the sidewalk, carrying a lamp shade. A classic 'cut cone' red lamp shade for a standing lamp, open top, rigid red material around. He was talking with a girl, and he was carrying the lamp shade behind his back. Don't ask me why, he just held it with both hands over his ass, wide side to his back, narrower behind.

Thought 1: Seems like atmospheric nozzle. Jet engine probably.

Thought 2: Methalox.

...When you see photos of real life spacecraft and recognise parts from KSP.

Alternatively, you know you're too emotionally attached to kerbals when you make sure to visit the administration building regularly, despite not having plans to use strategies, just to say hello to Mortimer, Linus, Walt, and Gus.

When your post:like ratio OCD spills over into removing or adding reactions from other people's posts so their numbers are multiples of five or patterned.

aVI215B.pngdxFpAlu.png

wQHPkny.pngSUPcyjZ.png

And... I just broke my perfect 50:50:25 ratio... Great. I shoulda never posted again.

Spoiler

(50 posts, not shown)

Zu185KS.png

Also, would it be possible to change my join date to July 10? Or better yet, May or October 10? Also, has anyone seen a mod with only square parts and planets? And right-angle orbits?

Edited by GearsNSuch

You know you're playing too much KSP when -

• You buy a new laptop with 8GB ram for the sole purpose of playing it, no matter what parents say
  • You start to go crazy and misinterpret the rocket equation by thinking - hey,as I burn fuel, I'll get lighter and have more DV, yay! and then I celebrate for 2 minutes before realising that is exactly what the equation does - it accouts for the fact that you only have to life the fuel partways. This happened to me twice. Its like a mirage
  • A DV map is stuck on a study noticeboard
  • When You look at college textbooks having chapters on gravity and giggling because I know this excrements
  • When you want to learn calculus in a lower grade
  • You think your friends are politely putting up with you when you start to talk about rocketry, spaceflight and KSP 

On 11/5/2018 at 1:28 PM, Xurkitree said:

You know you're playing too much KSP when -

• You buy a new laptop with 8GB ram for the sole purpose of playing it, no matter what parents say

8GB is not enough, maybe for stock. When using a bunch of mods 16GB RAM is almost must have

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Curveball Anders said:

8GB is enough for most mods, except the shiny ones.

Just remember to restart every 3-4 hours.

You might be right, stock KSP doesn't go over 4GB to often, so 8GB for most of the mods is about right, however I use a lot, and I mean A LOT of mods and also one planet pack, which may be the reason why I need more than 16GB of RAM to run it. 
*My KSP install has over 60 mods using a total of 9,15GB of storage space, I just checked

• 8 months later...

May I bring this back? You know you've played too much ksp when 

-Your Dad is describing how to navigate their driveway, you must turn sharply, but not too sharply, and you think, huh, just like judging reentry altitudes 

-You pick up a pie, think "this is shaped like a reentry shield", and "fly" it in your hand into the microwave. Complete with imagined reentry streams. 

-At the beach at night, with a torch in hand, you point it at the ground, and are reminded of night side planet landings, and proceed to simulate a landing with the torch. 

Edited by Tw1
I love this thread. Aren't human brains funny?

On 10/20/2018 at 11:40 PM, Raptor42 said:

And of course trying to move camera when watching KSP videos is one of symptoms as well.

OMG. The number of times I right-clicked in a picture here in the forums because I wanted to rotate the view... :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.