The "You know you're playing a lot of KSP when..." thread

Phenom Anon X

2 hours ago, AHHans said:

OMG. The number of times I right-clicked in a picture here in the forums because I wanted to rotate the view... :D

hehehe, yeah. I absolutely refuse to admit how many times I've done the exact same thing with YouTube videos... lmao....

:sticktongue:

Edited by Just Jim

On 10/23/2018 at 9:42 PM, The_Cat_In_Space said:

When you actually sketch ideas for spacecraft in your book so you can make them on KSP later

Guilty. May or may not be taking an art course as an elective for this reason. Not gonna lie my horrific mash up of a De Havelland Vampire and a Hawker Hunter looks okay- ish now!

• 11 months later...

when i went to a walk in the mountains, in a secluded valley, and i had no signal on my mobile phone, and i thought there is a gap in my relay network and started planning an orbit for a relay satellite to cover this gap.

when, in the aforementioned valley, i start wondering which of my rovers could make it up the slopes, and what would be the best trajectory for those who cannot

When you know where all the old mega threads are hidden and you mercilessly merge all the newly sprung up clones.   :D

Edit: In normal conversation I use the term "Munar", and don't realize it.    I also have to sometimes look up how to spell words that aren't supposed to start with K. 

Edited by Gargamel

I once had a physics exam with a question about a GPS satellite. We were supposed to calculate the orbital period. Since my relay satellites in KSP are always geostationary, I wrote that it has a period of 24 hours because it‘s geostationary, believing that I was very smart. GPS satellites are not always geostationary. I didn‘t get any points for this question.

I stopped playing KSP one evening to start writing about it, then stopped doing that to look up some rocket-related stuff on the internet and suddenly several hours had passed, youtube was autoplaying Scott Manley talking about how reaction wheels were different in reality than in KSP, I was six related articles deep in Wikipedia looking at railway artillery guns from WW2 (eh!?), and I should probably make some food because I haven't eaten in 8 hours and it's getting dark outside...

When you finished your Physics test paper with outstanding quality and speed. Hand it in. Sit back.

Spoiler

And then wonder if you had made a quicksave.:)

Also, when loading KSP, which typically takes 5 to 10 minutes on my device, I search the upper left corner for time warp when nothing happened as I clicked “.” a thousand times.

Spoiler

And then I just sit back and wonder if I had made a quicksave for the Physics homework I finished an hour ago.

When you wonder why the Soviets didn’t land on Minmus and push it off-rails to frighten the Americans. When you wonder why didn’t humans travel to Europa to fly a plane there. When you wonder why Ganymede didn’t have an atmosphere when it’s as big as..... Earth(?). 

Spoiler

And while you’re thinking, a near-Earth asteroid bumped directly into your house.

Edited by AllenLi

22 hours ago, s_gamer101 said:

I once had a physics exam with a question about a GPS satellite. We were supposed to calculate the orbital period. Since my relay satellites in KSP are always geostationary, I wrote that it has a period of 24 hours because it‘s geostationary, believing that I was very smart. GPS satellites are not always geostationary. I didn‘t get any points for this question.

of course they don't have a 24 hours period. they have a 6 hours period.

When you say Mun instead of Moon. Or Jool instead of Jupiter. Moho instead of Mercury. (All of these happened to me in my Astronomy class)

When you look at a clear blue sky and think, "Someone needs to update the visual mods"

When you start building a world system for your kerbals as a backstory for your career save.

On 11/5/2018 at 7:28 AM, Xurkitree said:

A DV map is stuck on a study noticeboard

And a transfer window map, and a basic intercept from every planet map:

2xiwf51mdoe51.png

And a engine ISP chart, and your ksp stuff outnumbers your actual stuff, and you have Jeb plushies at the computer corners, and maps of every planet framed.

(Yes this is actually what my desk looks like. I really need to clean my desk. I'm also designing a special controller for KSP to:D)

I have an entire notebook with probably over 2K pages of paper dedicated to ksp blueprints/missions/custom multipart parts

I make new engines with current parts, like 4 single bell poodles into a cluster and save it as a sub assembly making my own rocket company

"Genesis kerman: Soup aerospace INC."

"Genesis kerman was eating some soup and then decided he wanted to make an aerospace company, So he hired some friends named jeb, bill bob and later val to manufacture parts and rockets!"

Gonna try my hand at mod making now. Wish me luck!

On 5/20/2013 at 11:13 AM, The Jedi Master said:

I play KSP almost everyday. Is that enough by itself?

Same

On 5/20/2013 at 12:43 PM, Rage097 said:

When you start yelling at Sci-Fi movies and your peers for not understanding orbital mechanics.

:D:D:D:D

On 7/1/2013 at 11:56 PM, Flixxbeatz said:

When you see

and the first thing you've said on your mind was "This looks like something straight out of Kerbal Space Program..."

Revert to launchpad

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.