The "You know you're playing a lot of KSP when..." thread

Phenom Anon X

You know you play KSP too much when:

Your half-asleep 5 year old son walks into the kitchen for a glass of water before bed, and asks if it's ok to take the cat outside tomorrow "on an EVA with the leash."

Edited by inigma

When your wife know the real name of the game you are playing.

Skyrim is "Bashing dragon thing", Fallout is "Destroyed world with huge freaking things", Civ 5 is the "Boring game" :P etc

Mine calls CIV V "The game I must not play for it takes over my life and then I do not sleep or go to work"

Fallout is "That game it would be good to make into a film"

Skyrim is not on her radar.

KSP is "Your game" as in "Are you going to play your game?"

I used to play games, now I play a game...

When your wife know the real name of the game you are playing.

Skyrim is "Bashing dragon thing", Fallout is "Destroyed world with huge freaking things", Civ 5 is the "Boring game" :P etc

This is my mom....

I had a few to add but forgot them. I think one had something to do with randomly humming the different background music in the game, like the "muzak" in the VAB. :) Though it does seem to be lacking background music for launch. I'm thinking maybe Steppen Wolf...something having to do with magic carpets (I'm sure someone gets the reference :) ).

THinking about it...I THINK I did once hear some really quite background music while I had a rocket sitting on the launcher. Hmmm....

You slept 9 hours, and dreamed about spaceplane crashes the entire time.

Last night I continually dreamt about landing/docking an extension to my Minmus base, after spending about 3-4 hours before sleeping trying to and failing (due to the docking port being the wrong height).

When you plan your Duna colony by first building a Mun colony to test the modules, refine them then build a Minmus colony to test again, then plan a Gilly/Ike colony as a further test.

When you land within 1km of your target with a rover and feel disappointed about how imprecise it was.

Edited by Merinsan

When you try to right click Scott Manleys orbital views on youtube, to try and get a look at the backside of the planet. Then think "Oh, thats not going to work.", and try it again 3 minutes later.

When you are at the petrol station refueling the car and thinking about which bits of the car you could remove to get more deltaV

I thought about that today as I was pulling in to refuel. "The golf clubs in my trunk are lowering my car's deltaV, I should take them out after work."

When Kerbal vocabulary inexplicably enters everyday conversation.

"I think you need to burn retrograde a bit. An apoapsis that high can't be good for you."

"Whadaya mean you can't get here faster? Asparagus your way, then!"

And so on and so forth.

I was playing soccer in P.E. and there were 10 seconds left so I said something like this:

T-minus 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, main engine ignition, aannd LIFTOFF! We have liftoff of the something something carrying something something to explore something!

0_0

I need help.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.