The "You know you're playing a lot of KSP when..." thread

Phenom Anon X

.... when you watch a KSP YouTube vid and try to zoom in when the video shows the map view and get annoyed when it doesn't move the way you want it to.

This is something that shows up on every "You know you've played too much [Game] When..." post on any forum. It's NOT KSP SPECIFIC.

You know you've played KSP too much when you have to DELIBERATELY put in something that you think will make your rocket explode, you activate the PURPOSEFUL failure, and you still complete the mission you wanted to fail. All because you miss all the explosions you used to see all the time. Yet you are simply too good at the game to fail at almost any mission.

I wonder if anyone else feels this way, or am I all alone on NX GG 1667 (reference).

Spica

...you are designing a manned lunar program (long story) and a sustainable Münar program. Then you get the two of them mixed up and get frustrated when you realize that fuel transfer IRL just isn't that easy.

...you feel guilty about putting your Kerbals in harm's way and go out of your way to ensure their safety.

...you have a favorite track from the music (the one with the whale sounds).

When you see
and the first thing you've said on your mind was "This looks like something straight out of Kerbal Space Program..."

Correction. When you think, "that happened to me once, let me go find the screenshots."

dude, that (the russian crash) happens the first 3 or 4 times i test every launcher/lander i have ever conceived . The only problem is that was apparently their first or second launch. Let him go back to the VAB and add some headlights. . .THEN it will work perfect!

Edited by msyblade

When you see a box of herbal tea and mis-read it as "Kerbal Tea"

So many times....

When you hear debris crashing into the ground at 1500m/s instead of a firework exploding.

AND.

When you see rockets in movies and start trying to tell them they are thrusting the wrong way.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.