The "You know you're playing a lot of KSP when..." thread

Phenom Anon X

This actually happened...

I am a professional magician. In addition to other shows I do, I also have a couple restaurants I work each week doing close up magic and balloons. A while back I pulled my balloon pump out of my bag. The pump looks like this:

pumpred.jpg

... and I looked at it confused for a moment and thought, "Why do I have a large fuel tank in my bag?"

I may need professional help.

Edited by Doc Anderson

When you are in a car and you think, if I go fast enough I can get to orbital speed and get quickly to work by killing your speed in the exact point using retroburners and parachutes.

I really need a medical help

When you here about plans for missions for Mars and how the farthest we've gone is the Moon and its a great step forward and so on and so forth, and you think: "Why haven't we moved on to the real-life equivalent of Minmus?"

I have caught myself thinking this so many times, it's not even amusing anymore. :|

....when, after refueling your car, you start wondering how much delta v that got you.

Actually happened to me a few days ago.

If you wonder what the ISP of your engine is?

If you wonder how much drag the parts have and whether you could go faster by getting an angle grinder out and removing some?

If you consider bolting on an extra car to get more thrust?

I`ve only done two of those...

I actually skipped work today because I spent all night trying to do SSTO Spaceplane :(

Other things:

- when I pass by places that sell LPG tanks I tend to say to myself "They didn't stack that right..."

gen4ik0.jpg

- I sometimes find myself absentmindedly re-arranging Pringles cans in grocery stores.

pringles.jpg

- I keep hearing the KSP themes in my head, despite the fact that I'm listening to another song in my headphones.

-RODION

When you right click on screenshots to rotate the camera.

I do this all the time and instantly tell myself "its a screenshot your not in game" :)

My wife also said she could hear the lounge/jazz music from the VAB the other night even though my laptop wasn't even turned on, I think it's got pretty bad when its affecting other peoples lives.

G.

When you look up at a star, and think: "Look, Minmus is up."

When you look at a picture of Jupiter and think: "Why's it a wierd color?"

I'm actually going to do a presentation on space stuff in a bit, and I'm deathly afraid of refering to the Kerbal planets instead.

- I keep hearing the KSP themes in my head, despite the fact that I'm listening to another song in my headphones.

This happens to me everytime I stop playing KSP. It is calling to me as we speak...

When your notebooks and binders are covered with drawings of rocket designs that you and your friends have showed each other.

When you play Mass Effect 2 and wonder "where are the deorbit burns"?

These and when thunder sounds like a spent stage slamming into the ground

Or:

1. You refer to everything in Kerbal terms.

2. Make a coffee mug with Jool, the KSP logo and "Needs more struts" on it.

These and when thunder sounds like a spent stage slamming into the ground

Or:

1. You refer to everything in Kerbal terms.

2. Make a coffee mug with Jool, the KSP logo and "Needs more struts" on it.

Not to mention when you mess around with the plot of the novel thing you're writing just so you can have a part in space.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.