The "You know you're playing a lot of KSP when..." thread

Phenom Anon X

I to have been insanely obsessed with KSP the last half-year, and for that i thank Squad. When i was young, i used to gaze at the starlit heaven and think about everything. By then i had decided i wanted to become a rocket scientist or an astronaut.

In the beginning of elementary, i showed great potential. Getting full scores in math, i was quite the nerd. There's a reason why my elementary school had to borrow fact books from my middle-school just to please my reading. Eventually they crushed me down and forced me to read normal books like the other kids. Also not getting the help i needed when things got more advanced, pulled me down as it downright demotivated me from everything that was math. I never failed any tests, but my interest were crushed.

Because of that i never reached my full potential during middle-school and i struggeled with simple math. I never failed any courses, but i weren't good either. My interest rose once more when in high-school I had a surprise math test. I was shocked when i got my results. I got a very high grade effortless, and i began studying, but it was to late. I had chosen a different path, not a bad one, but something quite different.

Right now im in my second year in electric studies to become an electrician, but since i found KSP, it has brought me back to when i was young, but only now i understand! I constantly go on the internet to seek new knowledge about everything about space, like formulas to calculate specific impulse and stuff. Not a day goes by without me thinking of space.

THANK YOU SQUAD, YOU REALLY CHANGED MY LIFE!

• 2 weeks later...

When you are only 14, and seriously worry that the last thing you will say on your deathbed is "I wish I hadn't wasted my whole life playing KSP *sigh*"

Well, it's fun anyhow!

When you demand a refund for your movie ticket because "The orbital mechanics weren't realistic."

When you wounder why NASA can't just throw some cacti with googly eyes in a rocket and call it science.

When you make accurate maneuvers on your Mun mission and make fun of NASA for missing there target on the landing.

When the only explanation for any aircraft rolling is RCS ports on the wing tips. Cause Planes can't roll without it in space!

When you forget that Atmosphere is a thing. (i've been on the Mün a lot recently)

When you know everything about ksp parts parameter(weight,drag,fuel,thrust etc...),all the rocket equation(total delta-v,delta-v needed for a given orbital operation etc...) at the point you don't even need a computer with ksp to make rocket:you just need a piece of paper and a calculator to make the design and know if it will work.

You just need ksp to use the rocket,you don't need to test it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.