Beale

[1.1] Trails - Standalone Gemini Spacecraft [Released!]

Recommended Posts

Transport, Rendezvous And Interplanetary Logistics Spacecraft
Standalone Gemini

Download Here

A very small parts pack to add the Gemini and Big-G spacecraft. 
Designed and created for Bluedog Design Bureau, but also available standalone here.

Parts

  • Docking Connector (Size0)
  • Inline Parachute
  • Inline RCS Block
  • Crew Module (Seats Two)
  • Large Passenger Module (Seats Four)
  • Large heatshield
  • Adapter structural part (1.5m to 1.875m)

Development ToDo

  • IVA

 

This Mod Uses Off-Sizes!

Adapters will be provided to standard stock sizes, but keep this in mind! 

1.5M Parts can be found in Bluedog Design Bureau.

1.875M Parts can be found in Tantares, Contares, HGR, Bluedog Design Bureau, Standard Propulsion Systems,  and a few other mods.

3a2f8acd28.jpg

 

Licence: MIT

Edited by Beale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought you said you were making IVAs for this puppy. (Or at least are you adding the old one?)

I just think IVAs add to the immersion factor.

 

NVM. Glad to see this puppy being remade :D

Edited by davidy12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you not releasing this with BDB?

 

Also, for those who don't know of it, you should really check out BDB.

Includes a very spiffy 1.875m Titan II for this spiffy Gemini!

 

Update: 

Obviously I didn't read any of the OP, because this is all mentioned. Ignore me. :P

Edited by VenomousRequiem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gristle said:

Is this different than the parts in Tantares?

The tantares one is scaled differently , the capsule is 1.875 and the service module is 2.5 which means that the old one cant be mounted on a titan rocket , also this one looks cleaner:rolleyes:

EDIT : also the parachute is now a indivdual part and not part of the rcs module..

Edited by NeoFatalis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome! @Beale pretty pretty please add the indexing key to the wishlist? Otherwise I can do it in Unity I suppose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, _Augustus_ said:

Nice!

13 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

Great job Beale!

12 hours ago, akron said:

So cool! 

Thanks!

6 hours ago, Gristle said:

Is this different than the parts in Tantares?

The Tantares Gemini is due for removal :) 

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

Awesome! @Beale pretty pretty please add the indexing key to the wishlist? Otherwise I can do it in Unity I suppose.

Got a picture?

14 hours ago, davidy12 said:

I thought you said you were making IVAs for this puppy. (Or at least are you adding the old one?)

I just think IVAs add to the immersion factor.

5e62aca2a5.png

:wink: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Beale said:

5e62aca2a5.png

:wink: 

 

I said NVM.

Still if you just make it for the two man capsule, I'd be ELATED, but the Big-G would be JUST AS AWESOME!!!!

Edited by davidy12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Beale said:

Got a picture?

gatv_diagram_labelled.jpg

gemagena.gif

It's just a little yellow stick that flips up to ride in the slot in the Agena docking cone, to guide mating surfaces together. I'd like to have it like FASA's, where you can actually extend it and use it to guide the docking nose in to the cone. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe we can include a Tantares ATV in this, that would be very cool. Although BDB already has one it wouldn't hurt to make one for this, the more the better!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

Maybe we can include a Tantares ATV in this, that would be very cool. Although BDB already has one it wouldn't hurt to make one for this, the more the better!

I don't have a full ATV yet. I'm waiting for this to get finished so I can make sure all the models and textures play nice. Of course, I wouldn't be opposed to BDB's ATV being included in this. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

It's just a little yellow stick that flips up to ride in the slot in the Agena docking cone, to guide mating surfaces together. I'd like to have it like FASA's, where you can actually extend it and use it to guide the docking nose in to the cone. :)

How about this? The size is correct, texture is 64x64.

f3f0191ec6.jpgfeb44d2c8f.jpg

1 hour ago, legoclone09 said:

Maybe we can include a Tantares ATV in this, that would be very cool. Although BDB already has one it wouldn't hurt to make one for this, the more the better!

I don't think so in the present time :) 

14 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Looks nIce! :)

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Beale said:

How about this? The size is correct, texture is 64x64.

f3f0191ec6.jpgfeb44d2c8f.jpg

Looks great! There wasn't 64 pixels to spare somewhere in the main texture? :P I think the only thing would be to move it forward a touch. Would it extend? :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Looks great! There wasn't 64 pixels to spare somewhere in the main texture? :P I think the only thing would be to move it forward a touch. Would it extend? :) 

Many times over :wink: 

fcbeb55f0b.jpg

Just a habit of mine to spin off very small parts into separate textures.

For placement, the slop angle on the nose part is 82 degree, with just one tick of the VAB Shift+WASD, it will be facing upright... almost (87 degrees, not 90).

0b3d8487e9.jpg

It could extend... not too difficult.

36 minutes ago, Gristle said:

How do I download TRAILS?

I've added a download link to the first post :)

The parts are still a work in progress, but should be okay-balanced.

 

@officialmugi I think I can do that :) If it is just copying real life specs.

Edited by Beale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Beale said:

Many times over :wink: 

fcbeb55f0b.jpg

Just a habit of mine to spin off very small parts into separate textures.

For placement, the slop angle on the nose part is 82 degree, with just one tick of the VAB Shift+WASD, it will be facing upright... almost (87 degrees, not 90).

0b3d8487e9.jpg

It could extend... not too difficult.

Why a separate part? If you're using the docking nose cone I'd assume you'd want to, y'know dock with it. :) My thinking was to just have it be a generic animated mesh+collider in the nose part, that way the Agena passive docking port would be modeled to use that exact placement of the indexing key.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Why a separate part? If you're using the docking nose cone I'd assume you'd want to, y'know dock with it. :) My thinking was to just have it be a generic animated mesh+collider in the nose part, that way the Agena passive docking port would be modeled to use that exact placement of the indexing key.

Mmmm, I'm not sure. I need some IRL photos of the thing to do it that way. The best I could find was 9 pixels by 40 :P 

Edited by Beale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.