[1.1] Trails - Standalone Gemini Spacecraft [Released!]

Beale

Just now, Beale said:

Excellent, looks like the design is very similar too!

I can work with this.

Now, the current part, it can be re-purposed as an antenna, or something.

I already have some unique antenna designs in my notebook by my opinion is you can never have to many of the things.

I think the IRL version of the indexing key is perhaps too complicated, considering that it includes two pyrotechnic charges just to extend and then detach the darn thing. I feel like just having a animateGeneric module accessible from the right click menu would be fine.

16 minutes ago, Beale said:

@CobaltWolf

It is interesting to note this addition
was done with very little alteration
to the UV map and only a tiny new
addition, by creating a small UV
slice out of the main faces.

Comparison

Perfect! That is both functional and adorable. Also, I started modeling Coralie this afternoon but it is an unbelievable pain trying to get reference images over what amounts to a dialup connection. It took my 3 tries to get those screenshots to load.

15 minutes ago, Gristle said:

This is bad. :(

Side-by-side, you can see problems
with the existing model. It is very wrong, very goofy.

4113715afd.jpg

d5d2390398.jpg

11 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

:(

With that said, despite my personal feelings on the issue, I still think you should keep a legacy download of the old Spica pod @Beale

It is always available I think, as I have now uploaded on the Spacedock website, previous versions should be available?

Little note on the IVA, I need to wait for the new IVA shader to be available.

Edited by Beale

18 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

@Beale Ahem...

OMG is this what I think it is? I just started using RealPlume, does this give plumes to Tantares? If so what folder to I put it into? Sorry for being a Noob at plumes.

EDIT: Also nice Gemini update @Beale I'm a bit confused where this will end up, or if this is it's new home, but in any case the model looks great. Wondering why you can't use your old Gemini IVA though..... Keep up the great work.

EDIT 2: @VenomousRequiem sorry i got too excited. I see now the plume config is just for the service module LOL

Edited by OTmikhail

54 minutes ago, OTmikhail said:

Wondering why you can't use your old Gemini IVA though

It would be nice to be able to re-use it, but not possible for three reasons:

1. Windows in totally the wrong place.

2. Proportions are wrong.

3. It uses a bespoke IVA texture, I want to move to new generic texture + baked AO map that Squad uses now.

56e8a3b849.jpga6422724d9.jpg

What I could do is make an IVA without AO right now using a generic texture for both Big-G and Little-G, and then make the AO layer later.
Just remember that most things without AO don't look very good.

Example of generic IVA texture.

41a20e51ed.jpg

Edit:
Here is an IVA model for the new Gemini.

f9f81ac5f1.jpgc0c706c06e.jpgfd116bcfa2.jpg

Edited by Beale

12 hours ago, Beale said:

Cool, thanks!

Blue Gemini Like?

Shorter service module with same slope angle as the capsule. A little similar to the MOL Gemini.

I didn't realize that Blue Gemini actually got far enough to have different hardware other than sawing a hole in the heatshield. What purpose would it serve? Or is it just an alternate service module, in which case, is there a compelling gameplay reason for having two very similar parts?

Though I of all people shouldn't be complaining about having too many parts or parts that are redundant...

21 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

From what I've read there will be a Blue Gemini? I love that so if it will be in that would be AWESOME

Not exactly, at this point. Some of the adapters and the shorter service module shown may allow you to build something similar though! :)

What I want to finish up is the IVAs and Heatshield, to have this mod releases ready just in time for version 1.1

1 hour ago, Beale said:

Not exactly, at this point. Some of the adapters and the shorter service module shown may allow you to build something similar though! :)

What I want to finish up is the IVAs and Heatshield, to have this mod releases ready just in time for version 1.1

Ok, I just liked the blue color. That's what I meant by Blue Gemini. Sorry for the confusion!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.