1 hour ago, Maximus97 said:

I love all of those! In the first video, does that plane have two props spinning opposite each other or is that just an illusion?

It does, two counter-rotating propellers. Its actually quite ingenious as it removes the problem of engine torque applying forces that drag the plane to one side.

58 minutes ago, Veeltch said:

Is that some kind of prototype of Seafire or was it retrofitted with the second counter-spinning propeller after the war? It wasn't a standard and mass produced thing, was it?

All production Seafire FR. 46s and FR. 47s were delivered with the contra-rotating props. Spitfire F. 21s were commonly retrofitted with the mechanism as well.

I wonder if this pilot plays KSP

And what a noob

On 25-3-2016 at 1:13 AM, Maximus97 said:

I love all of those! In the first video, does that plane have two props spinning opposite each other or is that just an illusion?

Could be, the russion Tupolev Tu-95 has counter rotating props, and there are a few more aircraft with it. Not very common though,

if you think that's weird, take a look at this engine!

I was gonna make a thread like this. 

In the first one the plane goes into a flat spin, while trying to recover the engine dies (no starter!) He recovers at about 700 ft AGL and manages a dead stick landing. Hits a fence on the way down, he was fine but upside down when the recovery team found him.

Another amazing piece of piloting. The guy shuts off his engine (again, no starter) and lands back at his field going the wrong way just so he can get to the fuel pumps without re-starting. (There's some mild language as he comes to a stop 50 ft short of the aforementioned fuel pump)

Edited by KerbonautInTraining

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.