[1.3.1] Prakasa Aeroworks Pods and More

Hey, guys,

After a long period of silence on my part, LinuxGuruGamer has done me the tremendous favor of taking over the maintenance of this project.  As the last poster stated, LinuxGuruGamer's adoption thread can be found here

I'll probably see you guys around one day or another, and almost certainly in KSP2, but for now, direct all comments and inquiries to his new thread. I'm requesting this one be locked to prevent confusion.

Cheers,

Balto 

D2YCtxJ.png

V0.8.0

(Southern Cross Plays Softly in the Distance)

Welcome to the Prakasa Aeroworks Release Thread

Freshly imported from an interstellar race with no Prime Directive, Prakasa is a pack aimed at aircraft and spaceplanes, namely with the objective of filling the 2.5 meter void between the diminutive Mk2 and massive Mk3. The parts are themed towards a somewhat more distant future than stock, offering greater interior space and a cleaner, spaceship-er aesthetic. The focus is on pods and associated IVAs, but propulsion, utility, and aerodynamic parts are included/being developed as well. Propulsive balance favors large, heavy parts with a lot of power behind them for the sake of aesthetically pleasing lines/aerodynamic viability/framerate over engine clusters. 

Since dual-threading seems to be the way of things around here and I've grown confident in my drive to continue this project, I thought it time for a proper release thread. Stick around for releases and comments. For development progress, suggestions, et cetera, please see the breathtakingly similar development thread over here. With a proper place for released material it should be a bit more development-y from here on out.

gfyTnPH.png

Key Features:

• Lots of pods across all form factors (save 0.625), ALL featuring complete IVAs for maximum comfy. I've lost count exactly how many, and don't feel like counting them up.
  • SCRAMjets and nuclear turbines a variety of form factors
  • Ion engines for 1.25 and 2.5 form factors, with generators to support them
  • Comfy Crew Cabins and Science Modules so you can literally stare into space while burning many hours working on stellar spectrographs
  • Engine design suited to minimizing part count (powerful, versatile, heavy, physically large engines)
  • Custom Engine Effects
  • Futurist A E S T H E T I C
  • My very own fuselage profile with associated adapters
  • Big crew cabins with fuel included
  • Tenuous story canon that probably nobody cares about except me
  • A great cross section of my progress from sucking to being decent

Image Album:

Spoiler

8vHMxBM.png

fgka29o.png

x1uIApW.png

n0H4NXf.png

DjYZ8Rt.png

jfAgqwY.png

Yg0ake7.png

ZSmUj0j.png

8wL96mj.png

PbzPVDA.png

XhNoAeS.png

pyCUb4u.png

ZDaNFUX.png

JjX942M.png

5p8t6kq.png

HKU5tb1.png

VloZwk3.png

om7AZqr.png

Isoy9vX.png

uaVH6re.png

QC1p4sz.png

hd6kMba.png

ibFQQph.png

0N17JXw.png

wYVdrEH.png

jhjfmwY.png

M3hVOI9.png

AC8PEwx.png

RMiyjBp.png

G0WSPKc.png

AwnE3rQ.png

jG8o5w2.png

9RQo0L3.png

Oz0k9S4.png

oaJxmHl.png

1XQq8ML.png

LyK9cAa.png

l45IwPP.png

6scuddZ.png

r5kr5Ub.png

YDs0HV7.png

Recbu62.png

mAM4cZZ.png

lakwc0G.png

y41eKnx.png

XF0Zlll.png

Reviews:

(A pretty old one, but it'll do)

Current Features:

-Seven 2.5m pods with IVAs 

-Three 1.25m pods with IVA

-Two Mk3 pods with IVA

-One Mk2 pod with IVA

-1.25m SCRAMjet

-1.25m Ion Engine

-2.5m Ion Engine

-1.25m Fuel Tanks

-2.5m Fuel Tanks

-1.25m Hybrid Nuclear Turbojet

-2.5m Hybrid Nuclear Turbojet

-1.25m Intake

-2.5m Intake

-1.25m Generator

-2.5m Generator

-2.5m Hybrid SCRAMjet

-MK2 Three Function Engine

-2.5m Structural engine housing for 1.25m engines

-2.5m Passenger Cabin with windows mounted high to allow for center mounted wings.

-2.5m Science module THAT DOES SCIENCE! 

Future Plans:

-A set of 2.5m tanks so as not to require the use of standard rocket tanks, which often don't look quite right on aircraft (Done)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-More aerodynamic and structural components

-Random pods that strike my fancy or are requested

-A bit more in the propulsion department, mostly large, heavy, multipurpose/multimode engines to save myself/everyone else lots of clustering.

-Possibly Wings?

-Some kind of price balancing? Input on that would be greatly appreciated; I rarely play Career.

I know Sadhak, Kalpan, and to some extent Dekhana are lagging behind the quality of the others. The Asima series represents a great deal of improvement on my part, as well as settling on a particular style. I've been working on bringing those first two up to date, but due to that new experience, a bunch of problems I didn't realize were problems the first time around are keeping me from making it happen as of yet. For those of you who like the first two I will make it happen, though if there's real demand for it I might figure it out sooner. Sadhak is due to be completely overhauled to the Nireksha/Naga standard. Kalpan will probably also have to be remade from scratch.

Changelog: 

0.1 - Initial Release (Sadhak, Kalpan)
0.2 - Added Dekhana and Asima S1
0.3 - Added Asima S2 and SCRAMjet, patched Asima. Both versions of Asima now have togglable lighting. Uploaded to Curse following the heat death of *.
0.4 - Added Bhatak Naga, Nireksha, 2.5m Passenger Cabin, 2.5m SCRAMjet, 2.5m engine housing. Patched Asima S2 to match texture styling on other added parts. Fixed a few flavor text spelling errors. 
0.4.5 - Added Ankhen, Fuel Tanks, Ion Engines, Generator
0.5.0 - Added Akashe, Sabhee Viaktar, Sashakt and Dohan Kshay hybrid nuclear turbojets, Vatavar + Vaayu Intakes, Science module THAT DOES NOTHING
0.6.0 - Added Dhyana, Raksha, Made the science module do stuff
0.7.0 - Added Jalakag and the MK2 Engine

Notes:

RPM required for full IVA functionality

This mod is primarily wish-fulfillment on my end (having sprung from a Laythe flying boat project for which I couldn't find a suitable pod) but if you've recommendations, I'm happy to hear them.

Download (Things are cooperating in 1.1):

Curse (0.4)  (it works if you really want the .4 version from curse for some reason)

Github (Coming Soon)

SpaceDock (0.8.0)

Special Thanks:

Squad for texture references

K.Yeon for pointing me in the right directions

Lots of people in my horrifying normals thread, and various others for helping me build some semblance of non-cluelessness. Your aid is much appreciated.

EDIT: I've heard that downloading via CKAN can result in receiving the 0.2 version, which was the last one released on *. Since * is dead I'm not sure how to get to it to fix it. Barring that, the direct downloads from curse and spacedock are fine.

License:

This work is Licensed under a Creative Commons

Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

tIvLkKH.png

Edited by Balto-the-Wolf-Dog
0.8.0 Finished uploading

6 hours ago, ExplorerKlatt said:

Looks very nice. 

Also, SpaceDock is already a thing.  Link

Neat. Should be uploaded there at some point tonight. Does anyone actually care about github specifically, or can I just leave it at curse and dock?

Edit: done

Regarding the 1.1 pre-release: My KSP is non-steam and I don't particularly care to transfer it; I like the system well enough as it is. As such I haven't actually tested this in 1.1. AFAIK since it doesn't rely on any domestic DLLs and legacy .mu support is being retained it ought to be fine in and of itself, though RPM is liable to be subject to any number of issues. If anyone has tried it I'd like to know where it stands and what maintenance I'll be looking at doing when 1.1 is released officially.

I am in Love with that tail-shroud. using it with OPT parts... and... hnnngggg.
is there any chance you could make your parts available in the stock white/black ksp texture scheme? i like the silver gray too, but it looks off with other parts.
also would love to see some air-intakes in your next release.

1 hour ago, ckirky said:

brilliant job getting IVA that looks great in with the pods so quickly

Thanks. Unfortunately 1.1 is going to give me some trouble in that regard, since only the post-Asima pods are actually aligned properly. Asima and beyond are as perfect as possible, but the others (Sadhak, Kalpan, Dek) preceded me knowing how or why to do that. Barring any major technical difficulties though, I should be able to get them fixed up when the official rolls out. 

I am in Love with that tail-shroud. using it with OPT parts... and... hnnngggg.
is there any chance you could make your parts available in the stock white/black ksp texture scheme? i like the silver gray too, but it looks off with other parts.
also would love to see some air-intakes in your next release.

Asima and beyond are actually skinned to match the 1.25m fuel tank texture and then artificially weathered with some overlays. The stripes at the attachment points are mostly to hide mismatches in weathering pattern where the parts meet. Given the stock 2.5 parts are orange/ metallic silver, I figured I'd branch out to something more spaceplane-y. What set of parts are you talking about matching exactly? I think I'd also like to make them a bit more stock than they are in that regard.

26 minutes ago, run1235 said:

does this mod work with the 1.1 pre-release? (aside form the mis-aligned iva's)

No idea. I haven't shifted to steam. One of my friends is trying it but I haven't heard back yet. From what I know of 1.1 it should be fine though, and most of the IVAs should align unless the coordinate system changed. Naga, Nireksha, the Asimas, and the passenger cabin are perfectly aligned as it is.

If RPM hasn't updated that'll probably cause problems, but it's out of my hands.

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, fr33soul said:

Seems legit, never used CKAN personally so I figured the big "add to CKAN" check box just outright took care of it. I'll add the metadata in the near future. The trouble is an old version is also still on CKAN via Kerbalstuff, and I'm not sure how I'd get rid of it.

5 minutes ago, Balto-the-Wolf-Dog said:

Seems legit, never used CKAN personally so I figured the big "add to CKAN" check box just outright took care of it. I'll add the metadata in the near future. The trouble is an old version is also still on CKAN via Kerbalstuff, and I'm not sure how I'd get rid of it.

Oh sorry! now i see it! wonderful! but as u said there's an old version.. i think u just should take it away from the metadata and u could add the new 1 ;)

That's the thing, I never added the metadata. In both cases it was handled automatically by Kerbalstuff and SpaceDock respectively. With Kerbalstuff dead, I have no way of getting rid of the older file. At least not to my knowledge. What I really don't understand is where it's actually being hosted. AFAIK CKAN just sources from Kerbalstuff and SpaceDock as opposed to hosting itself. Kerbalstuff is dead though, so the old .2 version must be being hosted somewhere, and presumably not Kerbalstuff's servers unless they were just left on for some reason.

So far, I'm going with aliens.

Anyone have any insight on how I'd get at that file to get rid of it? I'd rather like the CKAN version in proper order too, but I've no idea how the system works.

15 minutes ago, Balto-the-Wolf-Dog said:

there something here maybe can help you to solve your issue with ur old version https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki/Adding-a-mod-to-the-CKAN

• 3 weeks later...

JfFRiXm.pngyVWux9W.png

wYVdrEH.png

1HugPRE.png

Announcing 0.4.5.

No science module yet; I'm going for an animated telescope in there that will probably take me doing a little plugin work. I've never done that before, but six months ago I hadn't done any of this before.

Also no intakes yet; I know I've had a few requests for them. I had planned them for 0.5 (technically still have them planned for .5) but I'm speeding the .4.5 release because I'm moving out for the Summer and will be a bit more occupied than usual.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

0.5.0 Released! Still no Fancy Animated Telescope because I have no idea what I'm doing! 

What we do have:

-A nonfunctional science module that still makes a neat passenger compartment (I promise I'll fix it)

-1.25 and 2.5m Hybrid Nuclear Turbojets (Don't presently breathe non-oxygen atmospheres. Not entirely clear on integration between community resource pack and stock intakes yet, but I'll fix that too.)

-1.25 and 2.5m Intakes

-2 1.25m pods

Z6VYalj.png

uaVH6re.png

RENDVEm.png

QC1p4sz.png

hd6kMba.png

Isoy9vX.png

ilb2QMq.png

• 2 months later...

Is it possible to get hold of an older version/

For various mod compatibility reasons I'm still on 1.1.2 and various file in my KSP install have somehow become corrupt, this mod being one of them.

I'm attempting to rebuild my KSP folder replacing the corrupted files so I could use the 1.1.2 version of this mod!