[1.3.1] Prakasa Aeroworks Pods and More

On 9/5/2016 at 4:52 AM, steedcrugeon said:

does this work with the Community Tech Tree? could it be made to do you reckon?

I'm sure it could be, but I haven't gone out of my way to do anything in the config files to that end. I make an effort to balance thrust/weight/size, but tend not to worry about cost/tech level beyond very broad generalizations. 

Could I do it? Yes.

Should I do it? Probably.

Will I actually get around to doing it? Probably not.

I'm a design geek. As much as I know I really should manage a well rounded implementation, I wouldn't count on my bothering unless I get really, really bored. The detail in this mod falls where it does because its tailored to satisfy specifically my needs and wants in the way I play KSP, which is sandbox. I just like making pretty things fly. That's not to say it shouldn't be used in any other way, or that I don't want this mod to be used that way, but I'm lazy and unmotivated in that particular category. That said, if anyone else wants to tack those modules into the configs and post them I'd be more than happy to implement. I'd appreciate it quite a bit, actually, as then I wouldn't have to feel bad about not doing it myself.

As a side note: Since I very rarely play career and have never used CTT myself, I doubt my opinions regarding where things should be are really the best ones for balance. I've not played the game enough in that environment for my conjectures to balance naturally.

On 9/5/2016 at 3:06 AM, Bishop149 said:

Is it possible to get hold of an older version/

For various mod compatibility reasons I'm still on 1.1.2 and various file in my KSP install have somehow become corrupt, this mod being one of them.

I'm attempting to rebuild my KSP folder replacing the corrupted files so I could use the 1.1.2 version of this mod!

Honestly it should be fine. I haven't really done anything aside from moving around a couple of eyepoints since whichever update it was that was made the kerbals not invisible to themselves anymore. I know somewhere along the line a patch changed how radiation/conduction/etc worked and I had to reconfigure how my generator thing works, but that thing wasn't in the previous update at all, so there isn't a compatible/non-compatible version. I haven't been paying very close attention to the update pattern recently; its possible i haven't actually done anything since 1.1.2 and simply told spacedock it was still compatible. I usually assume compatibility on small updates, figuring if something doesn't work you guys will tell me.

Edit: I checked my changelog on spacedock. It looks like Ankhen, the ion engines, the nukes, and some other cockpits/intakes have been added since 1.1.2. Given that, I would assume 1.1.2 is the update that screws with the heat system. Unfortunately I didn't keep the old configs for the generator thing, so if it doesn't cooperate you may have to edit it yourself / not use it / delete it / whatever. Other than that I've been doing all my post in Unity 5 from the beginning and haven't changed up my material exporting from the old KSP shaders, so it should still be happy.

P.S.

I'm sorry for my low activity. When I was releasing all the time I was alone in a dorm room in Alaska in the dead of winter with no more than four hours' daylight and not a lot to do. Presently I'm with my family down south having a lot more parties a lot more often, working, and getting my tailwheel endorsement. I wouldn't call it a hiatus, just a "lazier than usual". I'll be back in Alaska come January. Expect an acceleration of releases around then depending on how cooperative the dorm internet is this time. Possible obstructions to that future productivity include major Star Citizen releases and Rising Storm 2, but it'll be better than now.

Edited by Balto-the-Wolf-Dog

17 minutes ago, steedcrugeon said:

would you mind if i had a look at dong a CTT patch/plugin type module?

Please, by all means. I'm not all that guarded over any of this. The only reason my copyright isn't totally open is I also write science fiction, and a lot of these designs as well as the Prakasa corporation itself are intellectual property I have to maintain for that. I don't imagine I'd have too much trouble integrating what you come up with unless it's really weird. Only thing I'd say to bear in mind is I don't really know anything about C# and DLLs save what I learned from Garry's Mod Wire and Expression 2, but I'm pretty sure this is all config work anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm happy to credit you for that stuff, by the way.

11 minutes ago, steedcrugeon said:

How fortuitous, I have dabbled in C# in the past. Although as I understand it you are correct, its pretty much just Config file writing.

In that case, I never actually got my make-a-telescope-aim-at-stuff plugin to do anything. I have the telescope rigged with nested points in Unity so it should cooperate under a properly written script, but I have no idea what I'm doing and it could be ages before I make something that works. If you want to take a shot at that I'd be indebted.

10 hours ago, steedcrugeon said:

i'm almost done on my Tech tree config stuff. i'll have a better look at the telescope issue this weekend and see if there is anything i can do within my limit knowledge.

I can pass you a unity file with the model etc if it'd help. I've set it up to work with nesting points such that one point controls the Z axis and another point on that point controls the Y

In the mean time, here's a thing. More pictures on the dev thread.

PBoW2E0.png

@Greyhound

What do you mean by that? Do they not work at all, or is it some weird camera thing?

Meanwhile:

HKU5tb1.png

n1J0Tqs.png

KiR5y8e.png

Further adventures in upmarket texturework. Hopefully the bumpmaps are a little nicer ingame; that could take some playing with.

xCjK9Cl.png

Edit:

Late evening aboard Dhyana, champagne sipping and sunset watching.

EtPewyj.png

And the sons of fusion theorists, and the sons of engineers, ride their fathers' magic carpets made of steel.

Spoiler

Nighttime on The Frigate Dhy-ana,

Burnin' norm o'er Duna's Icy sea.

Half way gone, we'll be there by morning

Through the endless span of darkness

Screamin' down to the sea.

And all the ships and Kerbals seem

To fade into a bad dream

And the ion drive still ain't heard the news.

The captain sings his song again,

The engineers will please refrain

This ships' got the disappearing homeworld blues.

Good night, Ker-bin, how are you?

Don't you know me I'm your native son,

I'm the ship they call the Frigate Dhy-ana.

I'll be gone about a light year when the day is done.

Edit:

...aaand I ended up working on it all night

sKph3rl.png

X07SLbL.png

VrY25Jj.png

VloZwk3.png

Nice!!... When you posted asking about how you should go with the fuselage section, my first thought was "business jet" ... with wood  really mice interior...

That cockpit is beautiful... Only thing that could make it better would be a full custom-equipping with ASET props  avionics

On 9/6/2016 at 2:26 PM, Balto-the-Wolf-Dog said:

I'm sorry for my low activity. When I was releasing all the time I was alone in a dorm room in Alaska in the dead of winter with no more than four hours' daylight and not a lot to do. Presently I'm with my family down south having a lot more parties a lot more often, working, and getting my tailwheel endorsement. I wouldn't call it a hiatus, just a "lazier than usual". I'll be back in Alaska come January. Expect an acceleration of releases around then depending on how cooperative the dorm internet is this time. Possible obstructions to that future productivity include major Star Citizen releases and Rising Storm 2, but it'll be better than now.

On that note, how attached is everyone to the pregnant snake adapter? Dhyana's neck looks far better in game than I expected it to, so the PSA isn't really necessary. (It's also giving me horrible, horrible normal problems)

Given that, I might drop it if people aren't into it.

3 hours ago, maculator said:

Wow this is just what I needed, thanks! I love small mods for airplanes like Airplane Plus, Kerbonov, PSSI and now this neat mod! When Spacedock works again, I'll get the 0.5 version of it.

I've got it as being up right now; jump on it if you can. Too bad this seems to be  a recurring issue with the nicer KSP mod sites. 

Side note, I'm working on another cockpit to release alongside Dhyana. Since Dhyana is upmarket, this one will be cheep milsurp purportedly off a scrapped corvette or something and themed appropriately. Question is, mk3 or 2.5m?

12 hours ago, Balto-the-Wolf-Dog said:

Side note, I'm working on another cockpit to release alongside Dhyana. Since Dhyana is upmarket, this one will be cheep milsurp purportedly off a scrapped corvette or something and themed appropriately. Question is, mk3 or 2.5m?

It came out mk3. Early progress:

9oPnc6k.png

@KOCOUR before you try to open it check if it failed. I had to retry it like 30 times and every 2-5mb I had to hit retry just to get a bit further. I don't know whats the problem with spacedock but you gotta keep an eye on your download. If Its downloaded it works.

7 hours ago, KOCOUR said:

Zip file from spacedok is corupted and cannot be unzipped. 

5 hours ago, maculator said:

@KOCOUR before you try to open it check if it failed. I had to retry it like 30 times and every 2-5mb I had to hit retry just to get a bit further. I don't know whats the problem with spacedock but you gotta keep an eye on your download. If Its downloaded it works.

Thanks for the info. For now I'll assume it still works and this is just spacedock imploding. Keep me updated.

I should really get some mirrors up

17 minutes ago, Balto-the-Wolf-Dog said:

Thanks for the info. For now I'll assume it still works and this is just spacedock imploding. Keep me updated.

I should really get some mirrors up

Yes, its a SpaceDock issue... SD has been having issues since right about the time pre-1.2 released... But the issue is that Vitas, the SD dev, went on 2 week vacation that day... He'll be back early next week, so it should be good Soon™ after...

Edited by Stone Blue

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/17/2016 at 9:30 AM, Bishop149 said:

@Balto-the-Wolf-Dog I don't wanna be that guy, but. . . . . . any chance of a 1.2 version of this? Even if its just quick and dirty for now?

As usual compatibility should come down to the RPM dlls updating if they haven't already. That aside, nothing short of a complete rework of the parts/texture system should break it. I'll get around to testing it myself and the next release should be 1.2 (and coming reasonably soon). Got a lot of projects going at the moment. 

Edit:
Just checked. Looks like everything is in order save RPM, but there's not much we can do there but wait. Evidently there is a 1.2 compatible beta version on github, but they've yet to make a full release.

Hi,

I just want to say thanks for this mod.

It have very beautiful and useful parts.

One thing I have noticed though, i dont know if it is an error but I change it in my game as I feel it is.

The "Aerodynamic Engine Housing" have a 10 crew capacity, to me that is odd but I dont know if it is intended.

anyway thanks for a great mod

2 minutes ago, Mad_Mads said:

Hi,

I just want to say thanks for this mod.

It have very beautiful and useful parts.

One thing I have noticed though, i dont know if it is an error but I change it in my game as I feel it is.

The "Aerodynamic Engine Housing" have a 10 crew capacity, to me that is odd but I dont know if it is intended.

anyway thanks for a great mod

Huh. Never noticed that. Yeah that's not supposed to be there, thanks for pointing it out. IIRC the story behind it is I copied the config file for it off of the Dekhana cockpit for the fuel contents or something else lazy.