[1.1.3] Dr. Kermnassus' Parts Emporium

nli2work

An ongoing thread for random parts I make for the fun of it. All will work with vanilla KSP. With the magic of ModuleManager some parts will behave differently depending on the mods you are running, or you may get extra parts that work only if certain mods are installed. There're no interdependencies... so you can remove the parts you don't want by deleting the part's folder.

Download will be Dropbox only, there will be no version numbers. I will simply add parts as my fancy strikes me.

Install instructions: download the part you want; place in GameData/DrKermnassusParts

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bso7vfiztoqvczy/AAA57HlmaGA2WjVC157R-oYFa

CC-BY

ev6sWEu.jpg

Ikerus Mk1 (Left): Single part solar heat shield in 3.75m diameter housing, deploys to ~38 meters in diameter. Deploys once only. Generates small amount of EC through thermoelectric effect. Kerbal for scale.

Ikerus Mk2 (Mid/Right): multi-part solar heat shield for KAS/KIS assembly in orbit. Central hub is 5m diameter and is applicable for variety of situations that require high temperature tolerance so long as active cooling is available. Most effective against radiative heating. Total of 12 panel sections to be attached around the center hub piece, can be built to any size between ~11m (17 pieces total) to 100m (449 pieces total) in diameter in roughly 10m increments. Every 4th ring section have additional structures for strut attachments.

CAHG12E.jpg

Dr. Kermnassus's Rectlinear Wonder Adaptor! Lowers your rover's COM; provides plenty of attachment surfaces and extra clearance for wheels; and helps you convert that unused rocket fuel to electric charge! Works equally well for 1.25m and Mk2!

0eSKVuI.jpg

Kaptain Kerbin! Rigidity Enhancer© : Limp rocket's got you down? Want to light up that special heavy lifter in your life? Use Kaptain Kerbin! Rigidity Enhancer©! Half the weight and twice as strong as boring old standard struts. Specially engineered to gently curve around your vessel to accentuate it's lines. Proudly manufactured on Kerbin. And for a limited time, Vessel Surface Self-Illuminator included at no extra charge! Never fear the night side of any planet again!

kHaLLBT.jpg

Gravioli Core, a wondrous piece of machinery that does amazing things. Most importantly, help you in the never ending quest to find the elusive Positive Gravioli Particle!

Cybernetic Rover, affectionately dubbed "Kerover" by the engineers. Carries up to 4 Kerbals using external command seat for that romantic safari trip; or a variety of scientific instruments when you are in the mood for some exploration. Comes with carrying harness and fresh Brain. Legs optional.

A6d2bwr.jpg

Shielded Docking Port Specially designed shielded dockingport that is 39% more aerodynamic than the standard version. Handcrafted with passion and lovingly polished with all natural baby seal oil for extra speed when travelling through the atmosphere. Use caution when operating shield panels, may cause spontaneous dis-assembly of craft without adequate clearance. Texture by Squad.

Kerbal Washer Keep your Kerbals clean and smelling fresh with Kerbal Washer 3000! Large loading door, massive 8 Kerbal capacity, customizable light color, Heavy/Standard/Gentle wash cycles with automatic shutoff and water conserving modes. Also functions as Airlock and Docking port.

y6yzqEU.jpg

Kraken Parachutes. (top left). Radial and Stack versions. Cleverly disguised like normal parachutes until deployed.

"Big Bubba" trailer hitch (left), simple structural unit with integrated RCS ports and Mono tank (default empty). End plates are 5m. S3-14400 Tank for scale. 

Multi Spectral Scanner Probe core (top mid). 1.25m. Vanilla behavior is Survey/GPS Scanner. With Asteroid Day it becomes an IR Telescope for spotting Asteroids. With SCANSat it becomes Radar Altimetry/MultiSpectral Scanner. SCANSat overrides Asteroid Day if you have both installed. Data Transmitter and low output RTG included in all variants.

Kerb a'Lamp (lower mid). Edison Kerman, the Wise, will light your way in the dark, and illuminate your vessel in soft green glow.

Kraken Seeker (right). A trained Kraken to sniff out valuable ore on any surface, planet or asteroid. Surface/Asteroid/GPS scanner. with KIS you get a freebie Kraken Space Helmet (lower right)... blue and pink versions.

CC-BY

*license update. linuxgurugamer has graciously take up these parts going forward

Edited by nli2work

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

THe Big Bubba" trailer hitch  would have a lot more potential if the mid tank would be thicker (to mix with wrapper tanks) or full as a complete RCS augmented tank

which wrapper tanks? I was thinkin of making the central part flat and full width of end caps... like big flatbed

17 minutes ago, nli2work said:

which wrapper tanks? I was thinkin of making the central part flat and full width of end caps... like big flatbed

Maybe these ones? (scroll down, theres multiple mods in the OP):

Kerbal Hacks

I also just want to say, these parts are AWESOME!... Cant believe I have missed this thread before now... Or that it hasnt gotten more love...

Too funny... I am making a camera turret almost exactly like your Scanner Probe core, for a small parts mod I'm making... The model is eerily similar... Maybe I'll just drop mine, and use yours...lol

Edited by Stone Blue

5 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Maybe these ones? (scroll down, theres multiple mods in the OP):

Kerbal Hacks

I also just want to say, these parts are AWESOME!... Cant believe I have missed this thread before now... Or that it hasnt gotten more love...

Too funny... I am making a camera turret almost exactly like your Scanner Probe core, for a small parts mod I'm making... The model is eerily similar... Maybe I'll just drop mine, and use yours...lol

Enceo's wrapper tanks are designed for 1.25m center no? The hitch has 1.5m central column. should be okay for those. I sized it up to prevent clipping when attaching 3.75m tanks around the center. 

The scanner probe is basically a MX20D the army uses on their aerostats. I had to make 3d models of that thing for about a year... so it's kind of stuck in my head. doesn't BDArmory's airborne laser looks kinda similar too?

Edited by nli2work

CAHG12E.jpg

Dr. Kermnassus's Rectlinear Wonder Adaptor! Lowers your rover's COM; provides plenty of attachment surfaces and extra clearance for wheels; and helps you convert that unused rocket fuel to electric charge! 

download in OP

Edited by nli2work

Ikerus Mk1 (Left): Single part solar heat shield in 3.75m diameter housing, deploys to ~38 meters in diameter. Deploys once only. Generates small amount of EC through thermoelectric effect. Kerbal for scale.

Ikerus Mk2 (Mid/Right): multi-part solar heat shield for KAS/KIS assembly in orbit. Central hub is 5m diameter and is applicable for variety of situations that require high temperature tolerance so long as active cooling is available. Most effective against radiative heating. Total of 12 panel sections to be attached around the center hub piece, can be built to any size between ~11m (17 pieces total) to 100m (449 pieces total) in diameter in roughly 10m increments. Every 4th ring section have additional structures for strut attachments.

Pics in OP

Edited by nli2work

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.