[1.05/1.1] CA Nerva HT Engine [v1.0] 3-27-16

akron

Hrhr9ku.png

Nerva HT Engine v1.0

Late-game 2.5m Nuclear Engine. I was originally asked to model an engine for this mod, but unfortunately the mod was halted and I never got to finish it. I went back to my original draft and started over to release the engine model on my own and use it to learn how to mod KSP from Unity.

Download:

Spacedock

Dropbox

Real Plume config by @VenomousRequiem. Module Manager required for RealPlume configs.

Please check out my Development Thread for my new ProbesPlus mod!

License:

CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0

88x31.png

Please let me know if you release anything based on my work. I'd love to check it out!

Edited by akron

13 hours ago, eddiew said:

Nice, looks much better than a tweakscaled stock LV-N. Something to power the inevitable Jool missions :)

11 hours ago, Thraken said:

Looks good.

How does it compare (thrust, weight, ISP) to the Nuclear Light-bulb from this mod?

Thanks! The original mod way back I think made it super powered. I scaled it a bit closer to the other stock engines so I don't know how it does against any other mods. If they are also scaled to the stock parts, then they should be fairly comparable. I welcome any feedback if you think it needs a boost or a nerf.

Currently it has a mass of 7.5 and a Max thrust of 200. It's alternator is pretty beefy for its size, I think, generating 7 EC/s.

Edited by akron

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.