Hi Guys. Sorry I have been dormant for the past few weeks(school work and what not). Anyways, I've really been enjoying playing through Realism Overhaul, but I've came across somewhat of a problem with the Test Flight mod. Before I updated Realism Overhaul and all its required and recommend mods, test flight was working fine. However, when I updated Test Flight, now it seems to just keep shutting engines down even after testing them many, many times. For example, I've been using the aerobee sustainer and have flown it over 30 times, but each time it shuts down before completing the burn. Its very frustrating and I'd love to hear any advice you all have. If there is any  way to change the Test Flight Mod difficulty that might be my fix.

Happy game play. Cheers

Edited by C1DEAN

1 hour ago, NathanKell said:

Engines have rated burn times. In the VAB, right click on the engine in the parts list and scroll down to find the config you're using. Make sure the stage time is less than or equal to the stated rated burn time.

Well see, that is a little bit of the problem. I can set it below the rated burn time and it still fails every time. Thanks for the quick answer though, I kinda thought it would be a day at least before anybody answered :) 

@C1DEAN Oh, we're fairly quick around here. :) And yes, early on WACs will fail a lot. Even after many flights you'll be lucky to have >90% reliability with them. During flight, with the TestFlight window open, what is the MTBF for your burning engines? Note that it's low during the first 5 seconds, then stabilizes. After you exceed the rated time, it starts shrinking again.

The data points are at their max(10000du).

Well, I guess I have my answer.......MOAR TESTING!

Edit: Opps, just realized what you were asking. Yeah, the MTBF does jump around a lot for the first few seconds of a flight.

Edited by C1DEAN

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.