How to Undock from Persistence File?

I go to undock from my station and I the craft just sits there, the 'Undock' option is gone and I can even close the shield (it's a shielded port) but it still behaves as if it one craft still. It won't give me the option to switch because I don't think it thinks there is anything to switch to. No clipping, nothing weird except that this is happening for the first time ever and I have built many a station. So it's in the title, how/can I "undock" a vessel in the persistence and put it somewhere else. I don't care if I have to edit it into Kerbins obit (it's around the Mun) I just want to get it gone!

13 hours ago, Starhawk said:

You may have to click the other docking port to get the 'Undock' option.

If one of the two ports making up the coupling doesn't have the undock option, try clicking on the other. one.

Happy landings!

Oh good sir it is far more nefarious than that! I have built my share of stations and am well acquainted with the dock/undocking options being on one or the other. The problem here is that I undock from the module and it doesn't actually undock, staying as one craft. So I can do something like close the shield on the docking port but I also lose the option from both ports to undock. It's pretty frustrating to say the least!

Edited by Glaran K'erman

15 minutes ago, Glaran K'erman said:

Oh good sir it is far more nefarious than that! I have built my share of stations and am well acquainted with the dock/undocking options being on one or the other. The problem here is than I undock from the module and it doesn't actually undock, staying as one craft. So I can do something like close the shield on the docking port but I also lose the option from both ports to undock. It's pretty frustrating to say the least!

OK, I get what you're saying.  That is very nasty.  I can't imagine anything but doing text editor surgery on the persistence file to separate the craft.

I've dabbled with that a bit, but nothing as ambitious as separating one craft into two.

Happy landings!

57 minutes ago, Vim Razz said:

This bug is still around? There's an old solution here, but I can't vouch for it being up to date:

Yea that is for sure a bit dated, it seems to address what I'm experiencing but I'll probably wait to see if something else comes in before I try that. Thanks

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.