[1.2.x] Rocket Factory 1.2x - LeBeau Space Industries

RaendyLeBeau

Dear KSP Kommunity, i have just published my first release. - a detailed information about development history can be found here in the development thread

- R o c k e t   F a c t o r y -

NXnlyPv.png

[The 'rocket factory' series will be completely overall revisioned as soon as I have finished the project AVALON. ]

Buy me a coffe :)

Rocket Factory on 'modding monday'

main focus of 'Rocket Factory' - Mod

This pack will provide to extend and facility the KSP Stock parts. Especialy made to make it easier and incerase the initial Carreer history for Kerbal Rookies -In addition, an extension Stock-share. the parts have mainly focus on playability and memory saving and hold memory footprint as low as possible – therefore some parts comes with non high Res. textures.

detail description

actually, the MOD is meant to supplement the squad-stock. It has many pods of bootlegs to 3.75m diameter. All inclusive with IVAs. Additional engines especially easy and a lot of power. (a bit oversized) - especially lateral thrusters (LAE series) with sufficient force in the selection both monopropellant as well LiquidFuel version. The same applies to controll-truster, there monopropellant as well LiquidFuel version.  3 fuel tank types - built thin ideal to serve as pedestal to serve for Lander. Structural it has mainly complementary thin built decoupler. Additionally, I have a booster with extra tank with a really lot of power in the range that allows the beginning of the game quickly to reach points and archive missions. In the Gamma series I've built a complete complementary 2m diameter setup. (yes 2m and not 1.85m). - [more conceptual motivation you see this on page 6 of the threads.]

License:

88x31.png

https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/legalcode

- the fuel generator Parts (i think it was in a mod release for ksp 0.25)  parts were initially by @NecroBones
- I made only the textures and config different.

4U8pBwO.png 8oxzvTh.png

[curse forge]

[ DONATE here ]

https://kerbal.curseforge.com/projects/rocket-factory

Part Overview

Nwp29nY.png

pictures of Preview of the next follow release  [- Aiakos 1 -]

7d5oTjk.png

Tech Tree survey overview

gbXo2W4.png

Current parts brief overview 

mod Style description

• semi realistic surfaces textures (slightly used), not historical references. but partial with stockalike style components.

• influences of 70'- late 80' European and American Design. - therefore consciously renouncement many KSP. stockalike style elements.

• consequently many IVA Design elements of "SiGMA-V" Pod are from the 70' Sci-Fi. Cult Movie "2001 Space Odyssey" of Stanley Kubrick. (see thread)

Recommended Mods

Testers :

Technical Support / Consultant :

Known issues

• None so far - no incompatibility known with other mods.

KSP Version required 

• 1.0.5  - (should be backward compatible to 1.0 -Released 27th April, 2015 - unfinished tested. )
  • 1.1.2   added support for KSP 1.1.2 - fixed some bugs
  • 1.1.3   added support for KSP 1.1.3
  • 1.2   added support for KSP 1.2

P l a n n e d   f e a t u r e s  : new Version :  - R o c k e t   F a c t o r y  - 

•  some 'Rocket Factory' Planes & Space-Ship and Parts combination saves for loading into Gameplay.

Planned features in future
  • set all IVAs with RPM/ASET Rasterprop - for more detail see roadmap details below

• complementary 7.5m or 10m diameter heavy lifter parts, like appropriate fuel tanks and Engines to acomplish effective extraplanetary excursions -> like a 'Duna Launch System' - see this post

6zUgiEX.png r8k8Pju.png

Edited by RaendyLeBeau
added support message-jan.2017

I really like your artistic style for the command modules, which is huge for me, but...(and I hate to be the first to do offer a critique) they're currently way overpowered for career mode at least. I suspected as much reading the dev thread, and confirming as much reading the configs now. You have probes that cost $750 with SAS and strong Reaction Wheels available at the start. A 2 seat command pod that has the Atmospheric science experiment, which normally costs $6500 and unlocks at Field Science, and you include it in a pod that costs $1180 and unlocks at Basic Rocketry. Don't get me wrong, I personally do this all the time in my career game, so for me, it's not that big of a deal. And I know this is the first big release, so it's the early days still. The important thing is, it's an easy fix (if you're so inclined) and it's something the players can do on their own either way.

Anyway, just my two cents, just something to consider, take it or leave it. You've made some gorgeous looking pieces and I'm looking forward to playing with them. Don't take my criticism the wrong way - it's just that someone's going to mention it sooner or later, might as well be me.:)

Cheers, and congrats again on the release!

16 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

I'm guessing that repost was directed at me, and the take away is supposed to be "Especialy made to make it easier and incerase the initial Carreer history for Kerbal Rookies" which I missed the first time apparently.

Carry on.:)

Hi,

yes my dear - " make it easier and incerase the initial Carreer history for Kerbal Rookies " ... that was an goal of this mod :)

- Yes to the cost and what 'extras' are included in the pods.. i would say:

"We moved our production to Asia, the production costs are relatively low there, they also build out all the extras to otherwise purely ...but the design and engineering comes from italy ..." :cool:   

"but I wonder today how the stock parts from Mexico Flagge_Mexiko.jpgare so expensive .. " ?  

(pictures below) 

this is a typical beginner setup to for example as soon as possible an orbit to achieve kerbin, saves a lot of time and money that you do not have at the beginning.

- but remember the SB FRT 360 give very high trust (maxThrust = 360) ! Please be careful. there is a danger to burn up in the atmosphere, if the payload is too low !

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

I gave it a test drive last night, just before going to bed, and it was sweet ride.  Aesthetically, it is fantastic, with sharp designs on most of the pods, and all of the secondary items (solar panels, decouplers, etc.) looking very nice on my rocket.  The interiors of the pods are my happiest places to date.  Lots of window view size.  Also, the '80's' feel makes a guy like me (who did own a Commodore 64) chuckle more than once on my maiden voyage into orbit.  Most impressive though was your largest pod (Sigma V)...this puts the pod in the extreme end of sizes and one that I will be definitely using for my command pod on my next attempt to Duna.

My only thing right now is the lack of tweakscale for some of the rocket engines.  The side engines are very nice indeed, but once placed on the Sigma V, they look a little too small.  I can easily set them up in tweakscale later this evening for my own fun.

Others will comment and give advice on various items like isp and fuel tank amounts and such in the coming days (too much or too little...you can never quite satisfy everyone on this mod), but on a visual scale, you did an excellent job.

In short, you delivered more than I expected Raendy:  great work and it was well worth the wait.  You should congratulate yourself on a job well done!

@Gaultesian

Thank you very much for support !! for real.

respective 'tweakscale' I have almost a guilty conscience. I have "Tweakscale" NEVER used bevore.- i mean I have no idea how compatible my mod is with "Tweakscale".  :)

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

@MrMeeb - Thank you very much for your support !

"RealPlume" I do not know well, I have to install it once and see whether it can be easily installed.

Of course, I would appreciate support if someone is very familiar with it, and could complement the config files quickly.

in this sense i would to say  "dear ksp-community I would love to take the support in the area "RealPlume" gladly
"

@CobaltWolf - Thank you very much for support !! hope you like it :)  cheers

23 minutes ago, Rafael acevedo said:

Will it be available for CKAN? thanks

hi, thank you 4 support -  sorry at the moment i dont have enough time to implement it to CKAN. - ( maybe later in few months. )

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

No big worry on the real plume or tweakscale Raendy:  initially some of us will tweak it ourselves, or incorporate a plugin for real plume or tweakscale ourselves and possibly post them here for others to incorporate into their tweakscale or real plume library (i.e. it will not affect your coding, it will be an addon plugin into some other mods).

You have done so much work, let the rest of us help you out for the little changes ;).  That being said, without tweakscale or real plume, this mod rocks completely on it's own merits.

I am supposed to be working on developing a lab today for the students, but instead I am sketching out what my LBSI Rocket will be like when I get home this evening ;).

Cheers!

1 hour ago, hraban said:

congrats and thank you for this extraordinary mod.

Thank you very much for your support ! how u like it.

thanks 4 support on this thread  - unfortunately still no solution in sight. Dock with(on) parts that rotate or move later does not go really, the docking connection will be ignored - the parts are then in the space without connection - provides many funny. :lol:  I hope KSP on Unity5 version will come better implementation.

32 minutes ago, Gaultesian said:

I am supposed to be working on developing a lab today for the students, but instead I am sketching out what my LBSI Rocket will be like when I get home this evening ;).

:)  very funny  -  I sometimes catch even during the work, I draw concept sketches for further ksp mods. -> see later DLS concepts

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

dear all,

here are some (SECRET*) concepts for a DSL (duna launch system) based on this mod[* explain below]

- Defacto this are (one of) the Concepts for the follow mod. of "Rocket Factory". [*]

but ... - Unfortunately, as described above (hradan) there are some troubles on the implementation with docking ports(nodes) and later moving parts such as for example, implementation a zero gravity rotation after all parts are docked. (part of problematics see this thread - In principle, it is due to the same problem
.)

- The images of the gameplay I spare you, docking (nodes) all work well. the rest as mentioned above does not work. - the two outer parts are naturally extensibleand will extended only in orbit.

The secret files were securely stored until now in 'concept safe' the company LBSI.
However, I was able to convince the cleaning lady me tonight to give the key and access to the building. in return, I have tomorrow to go out with their Mexican sister from Acapulco ... a date as it were.

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

@RaendyLeBeau, wow nice to finally see the release, models look superb!

While redesigning my interplanetary ship design, to incorporate the the sigma pod I noticed it has an integrated heatshield. Thus making the design with connected living space a bit impractical, as heatshield are not design to be passed through :P

While I like the fact pods have all the stuff integrated, would it be possible to incorporate InterstellarMeshSwitch, or just to release pods and heatshields as a separate parts as an alternative download option?

3 hours ago, RaendyLeBeau said:

Of course, I would appreciate support if someone is very familiar with it, and could complement the config files quickly.

in this sense i would to say  "dear ksp-community I would love to take the support in the area "RealPlume" gladly
"

If I remember correctly, there is a good wiki somewhere about how to add support. If not, you could try asking the guys over in the RealPlume thread for help :) 

1 hour ago, MrMeeb said:

If I remember correctly, there is a good wiki somewhere about how to add support. If not, you could try asking the guys over in the RealPlume thread for help :) 

have studied "RealPlume"-Wiki briefly - looks very interesting. It offers many possibilities of gfx illustration of PLUME - also many possibilities to combine the FLARES etc. etc. ..

• Kerolox - High Thrust, low efficiency
  • Hydrolox - Low Thrust, High efficiency
  • Hypergolic - High Thrust, low efficiency, long storage time
  • NTR - Nuclear Thermal Rocket (like the NERVA)
  • Lower - First stage engines, optimized for 1 atmosphere
  • Upper - Upper stage engines, optimized for upper atmosphere and vacuum
  • OMS - Lander and maneuvering engines, optimized for vacuum
  • Vernier - Small attitude engines for launch vehicles
  • Hall - Ring-shaped ion thruster
  • Gridded - Filled in circle-shaped ion thruster

- hmm..  well looks but after a lot of work out if you want to do it right and well.  So rapid implementation of "RealPlume" of eight engines is unfortunately difficult in a short time. - Because I have a "one-man" show am. 

43 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

You could ask @VenomousRequiem since she does RP configs unsolicited.

thanks cobalt, i have contacted him. I hope he can help.

a so i forgot it to ask you ;  you think is necessary to add "ATM"  config support ?  i forgot to add these cfg file in the mod package,but I'm not sure if this is still someone needs, after KSP Release 1.0 ?  (was it earlier still a theme in ksp version 0.25)

ACTIVE_TEXTURE_MANAGER_CONFIG
{
    folder = LBSI
    enabled  = true

}

cheers !

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

26 minutes ago, RaendyLeBeau said:

have studied "RealPlume"-Wiki briefly - looks very interesting. It offers many possibilities of gfx illustration of PLUME - also many possibilities to combine the FLARES etc. etc. ..

• Kerolox - High Thrust, low efficiency
  • Hydrolox - Low Thrust, High efficiency
  • Hypergolic - High Thrust, low efficiency, long storage time
  • NTR - Nuclear Thermal Rocket (like the NERVA)
  • Lower - First stage engines, optimized for 1 atmosphere
  • Upper - Upper stage engines, optimized for upper atmosphere and vacuum
  • OMS - Lander and maneuvering engines, optimized for vacuum
  • Vernier - Small attitude engines for launch vehicles
  • Hall - Ring-shaped ion thruster
  • Gridded - Filled in circle-shaped ion thruster

- hmm..  well looks but after a lot of work out if you want to do it right and well.  So rapid implementation of "RealPlume" of eight engines is unfortunately difficult in a short time. - Because I have a "one-man" show am. 

That's completely fair enough. I'll ping @VenomousRequiem too, as maybe multiple mentions might just annoy her into being nice enough to help you out ;) 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.