- ksp 1.1 test results -

30 minutes ago, RaendyLeBeau said:

dear KSP community,

EVA - IVA problem has been fixed !

in a few day following an Updated 'Rocket-Factory' MOD compatible with 1.1  

-  cheers !!

Dear Cummunity,

in relation to the 2nd problem /issue [ bright IVA lights ] 

- I would be very grateful if you could post feedbacks with pictures, because I can not reproduce the problem.

Thanks in advance !
your LBSI test team

Edited by RaendyLeBeau
EVA problem (ksp 1.1) has been fixed !

23 hours ago, Jim Kernan said:

Is it ready for download now or "in a few days"? I r confused

hi all, dear community

A. -I want it mention that the current mod version of 'Rocket Factory 1.0' was published for KSP 1.05.

sorry but, therefore I have no stress so that the other versions are not compatible with this.

B.  - basically we are talking NOW about a new Rocket-Factory MOD release compatible for the KSP 1.1 (pre-release) - (would like to remind you that the ksp pre-release version 1.1 actually has many bugs...see ksp bug-tracker http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/projects/prerelease/issues)

what are the next steps  to  making a new Version of  'Rocket Factory 1.1'  for KSP 1.1  

*  i need first to convert all PODs of my MOD with new Unity Version 5 and new parttools 1.1 

* Moreover, I would like the other improvements according from the forum-feedbacks can be be included, where these are possible.

* all test out as well as possible - in other words normal quality test cycle.

This all this steps* requires timeUnfortunately, I can do it only in my free time

i estimate 1-2 weeks .. Without promise !

after them i will announce the new download link for the new version "Rocket Factory 1.1"

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

I am playing with this mod right now... Some points:

- Reaction wheels in the CM are way too strong, turning on SAS makes them jitter in 1x time, in timewarp it goes nuts

- CoM on the CM needs to be changed so they go bottom down into the atmosphere, now the keep tumbling as CoM is in the center I think.

- I can do a re-entry into the atmosphere without the CM having ablator. I take it the max temperature was just set really high?

12 hours ago, Jimbodiah said:

I am playing with this mod right now... Some points:

- Reaction wheels in the CM are way too strong, turning on SAS makes them jitter in 1x time, in timewarp it goes nuts

- CoM on the CM needs to be changed so they go bottom down into the atmosphere, now the keep tumbling as CoM is in the center I think.

- I can do a re-entry into the atmosphere without the CM having ablator. I take it the max temperature was just set really high?

@Jimbodiah

hi Jimbodiah,  am glad for your notes, really 

- Unfortunately, I have the 'CoM' never understood right (in this theme I'm still learning it). - Maybe you could Post an improvement suggestion, i would be really glad.

basically I'm about each improvement proposal of the community open and very joyful.  as mentioned:

post Just your improvement with the values as 'config file' example- so I will consider this in the next release.

many many thanks

- question : you are Playing with RealSolarSystem ?

cheers ! reandy

ps. technical consultants will I mention on the mod. FrontPage 

14 hours ago, Jimbodiah said:

How do you make the nice video with the smooth camera panning etc? It looks awesome!!!

try  "CameraTools" mod, its awesome

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

Hi,

[edit] I notice some of your pods already had the CoP variable, just not the one I used for testing :)

I tend to run the stock KSP system, but started using K365 again this morning. To have the capsule go bottom down you must put the CoP above the CoM so that there is drag on the top and it will put the bottom down. Just add the following line to your capsules:

CoPOffset = 0.0, 0.8, 0.0      you can play with the value to make it more agressive etc. You can ofcourse also play with CoMOffset in combination with CoP.

Here is a vid of what it looks like:

Edited by Jimbodiah

5 hours ago, Jimbodiah said:

I tend to run the stock KSP system, but started using K365 again this morning. To have the capsule go bottom down you must put the CoP above the CoM so that there is drag on the top and it will put the bottom down. Just add the following line to your capsules:

CoPOffset = 0.0, 0.8, 0.0      you can play with the value to make it more agressive etc. You can ofcourse also play with CoMOffset in combination with CoP.

yes, u are absolutely right :)

I have studied this subject again and read some forums threads - here i found a good thread

-> so I'll rework this point again to all Pods for next release ! 

many thanks for your support. (mentioned you on FP.)

- by the way, i see the "Sigma-V" had no 'Center of Pressure:D , got it now improved for next release to this values :

// internal version 1.1p
CoPOffset = 0.0, 2.34, 0.0
CoLOffset = 0.0, -0.86, 0.0

here some pictures to rework the CoP/CoL Values :

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

Did I miss something in this thread?  I cannot get back into the LBSI after EVA'ing.  First it's nearly impossible to hit the hatch once the ship starts tumbling and then even after repeatedly slamming directly into the hatch I cannot get the [f] grab or board option.  Lost Jebediah in space because I could not get him back in the ship.

I saw numerous comments about iva eva issue being fixed but saw no links.

What do I need to do to be able to fix this?  Or just don't EVA from these capsules?

Edited by ctbram

On 13.4.2016 at 2:56 AM, ctbram said:

What do I need to do to be able to fix this?  Or just don't EVA from these capsules?

Hi ctbram,

actually this mod dont are released for pre-release 1.1  - (but we are working on for the final release, please READ older post's) because the current pre-release* (is defacto still in development.) has as many bugs

pls. inform you on forum posts - for example here :

cheers !

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

Great Mod thx :)

I have a question, the info on the NKV says its a 5 man pod but it is actually a 4 man pod. However are also an NKIV and NKV interiors in the spaces folder but not viewable in the game is I suspect this is supposed to be the 5 man version of the NK for future devolpment? the info and part needs to be renamed to the NKIV I think

Edited by leocrumb

2 hours ago, leocrumb said:

Great Mod thx :)

I have a question, the info on the NKV says its a 5 man pod but it is actually a 4 man pod. However are also an NKIV and NKV interiors in the spaces folder but not viewable in the game is I suspect this is supposed to be the 5 man version of the NK for future devolpment? the info and part needs to be renamed to the NKIV I think

Hi Leocrumb,

oh yes thanks for the note. is my fault. ^_^ but  the NK-V remains as 4 man capsule.

- but I have planned other capsules in a later mod*..  ( see pls. the old development thread)

*intention is to publish a 'lander' collection like this  .. and other (for others capsules there are no pictures at moment) - they will be an extension of the stock equipment.

but, i am currently still at the development of a "DLS Aiakos -1"  (Duna Launch System) - like this :

cheers !

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

Just now, DiscoSlelge said:

So I don't see the point to claim it on ckan... but okay dude

the point is that in ckan u are always notified for mod updates and it update them easly with a button, instead of to download it again and overwrite it ;) 

a command/control system, all in 1 single window for all mods, thats the matter dude ;)

16 minutes ago, fr33soul said:

the point is that in ckan u are always notified for mod updates and it update them easly with a button, instead of to download it again and overwrite it ;) 

a command/control system, all in 1 single window for all mods, thats the matter dude ;)

Yeah so you're lazy :)

Hi RaendyLeBeau - Thank you for updating your capsule hatches colliders to Unity 5 ones - it's much appreciated!

Those Lander parts also look very promising and I am looking forward to set them on fire soon :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.