how to update ksp? From the launcher??

• 11 months later...

The Launcher doesn't update KSP anymore, you're using an old Launcher.

Please download the patch if available for your system or the installer for KSP from your Squad store account.

The KSP patcher, which is downloaded with old versions of the KSP launcher, is no longer maintained or supported.

This means that it will not work.

Please use the patches from your Squad store accounts download page to update KSP if available for your platform, or use the installer or full game zip.

GOG customers will have to update via the GOG patch when available, or the full GOG installer.

Amazon customers should see an update version on their Amazon accounts, if KSP fails to update on Amazon please contact Squad support at [email protected]

Steam will update normally, but pre-release players will need to opt out of the pre-release (select NONE in the Steam client).

• 1 year later...
On 3/28/2016 at 10:43 AM, steve_v said:

The "patcher" built into the launcher has been broken for quite some time now:huh:

Seems there's little interest in fixing this glaring flaw, so unless you bought the game on steam (which has a working updater) you'll need to re-download the entire game to 'update' it.

I am not using Steam! I spent $199.95 for updating KSP from 1.4 to 1.4.4.

Edited by soumya-8974
Wrong value of currency.

8 hours ago, Harry Rhodan said:

How? :huh:

I bought KSP 1.4 with $39.99. Then, I deleted the previous KSP install and bought KSP 1.4.1 with $39.99 to keep my game up-to date (I am not using DLC for same reason). However, I nearly run out of money in my account, when my KSP is 1.4.4 without DLC.

8 hours ago, Greenfire32 said:

I'm gonna skip right over the "how" and just ask "why?"

In Steam, KSP is about 849 INR (I am an Indian) and I noticed in an official site, KSP is about $39.99 (~2600 INR).

Edited by soumya-8974

52 minutes ago, soumya-8974 said:

I bought KSP 1.4 with $39.99. Then, I deleted the previous KSP install and bought KSP 1.4.1 with $39.99

Uhhh... KSP updates don't cost anything, as far as I am aware. I bought it in 2013 and haven't paid a cent since then.
Just go to your account on the KSP store and download the latest package, you'd need to create another account to buy it again, so I have no idea how you managed to do so enough times to rack up $274.9. :confused:
Then again, the number does seem to be getting mysteriously smaller... 2 x 39.99 doesn't equal 199.95 either. Are you just making up numbers or what?

Edited by steve_v

1 hour ago, steve_v said:

Uhhh... KSP updates don't cost anything, as far as I am aware. I bought it in 2013 and haven't paid a cent since then.
Just go to your account on the KSP store and download the latest package, you'd need to create another account to buy it again, so I have no idea how you managed to do so enough times to rack up $274.9. 
Then again, the number does seem to be getting mysteriously smaller... 2 x 39.99 doesn't equal 199.95 either. Are you just making up numbers or what?

Actually, I said, "I am not using Steam! I spent $199.95 for updating KSP from 1.4 to 1.4.4."

20 minutes ago, soumya-8974 said:

Actually, I said, "I am not using Steam! I spent $199.95 for updating KSP from 1.4 to 1.4.4."

Actually three people quoted what you actually said. And again: If you bought it from the official store you get every update for free.

3 hours ago, soumya-8974 said:

I said, "I am not using Steam! I spent $199.95 for updating KSP from 1.4 to 1.4.4."

You edited your post. $274.9 was the original figure, so either you miscalculated or you're making it up.
If you actually spent $199.95 buying all the releases from 1.4 to 1.4.4, you would have saved yourself considerable  money by reading the terms (or FAQ) when you bought it the first time. Updates are free.
I suggest contacting squad via the contact form on the store site and explaining the situation, they may be understanding.

For some bizarre reason, the KSP store allows you to buy products multiple times, without warning, even if you are logged in.  @SQUAD You might want to fix this, it's kind of a trap.

Also, Please do not necropost. This thread is ancient and the topic is long dead.

Edited by steve_v
This editor is broken, broken, broken. 5 attempts to save this edit.

9 hours ago, soumya-8974 said:

I bought KSP 1.4 with $39.99. Then, I deleted the previous KSP install and bought KSP 1.4.1 with $39.99 to keep my game up-to date (I am not using DLC for same reason). However, I nearly run out of money in my account, when my KSP is 1.4.4 without DLC.

In Steam, KSP is about 849 INR (I am an Indian) and I noticed in an official site, KSP is about $39.99 (~2600 INR).

You don't have to buy every version of the game...once you make the initial purchase, updates are free...

1 hour ago, soumya-8974 said:

Tell me the steps to update.

If you bought from Steam:
1: Play the game, it'll update. Steam KSP supports automatic updates.

If you bought from KSP Store:
1: Log in to the store (you should have an account if you bought from KSP store).
2: Click "my account"

3: Click "download"

4: Choose your version.

The KSP launcher doesn't really support patches and updates even though it says it does, so if you bought KSP through the original store, you have to redownload the entire game in order to update. You don't have to repurchase it though, that would be madness.

Edited by Greenfire32

On 8/29/2018 at 1:26 AM, Greenfire32 said:

You don't have to buy every version of the game...once you make the initial purchase, updates are free...

umm you guys do realize you need use money PAY for internet right

i can easily see how it can cost that much if you have too re download the entire game over and over

nothing on the internet is ever "free"

Edited by guesswho2778

12 hours ago, guesswho2778 said:

umm you guys do realize you need use money PAY for internet right

i can easily see how it can cost that much if you have too re download the entire game over and over

nothing on the internet is ever "free"

I honestly can't tell if this is supposed to be a joke or not.

I have excrementsty internet with excrementsty limits and I'm charged by how much data I use ($.20/gb) so I know how "more internet usage=higher internet bill," but we're not talking about his internet bill, we're talking about how he's supposedly re-purchased the same game every time an update comes out.

That's like buying a new car every time you need to fill the gas tank up. It makes zero sense and is completely unnecessary. Updating KSP doesn't cost anything. It IS free. You buy the game and updates are free.

This is not a discussion on internet data usage, this is a discussion on how you don't need to continue re-buying the game over and again.

On 9/1/2018 at 12:25 AM, Greenfire32 said:

I honestly can't tell if this is supposed to be a joke or not.

I have excrementsty internet with excrementsty limits and I'm charged by how much data I use ($.20/gb) so I know how "more internet usage=higher internet bill," but we're not talking about his internet bill, we're talking about how he's supposedly re-purchased the same game every time an update comes out.

That's like buying a new car every time you need to fill the gas tank up. It makes zero sense and is completely unnecessary. Updating KSP doesn't cost anything. It IS free. You buy the game and updates are free.

This is not a discussion on internet data usage, this is a discussion on how you don't need to continue re-buying the game over and again.

well i do live in Australia soo im not the best to ask about this (im sure you've heard "rumors" of ridiculously priced internet)

On 9/1/2018 at 12:25 AM, Greenfire32 said:

we're talking about how he's supposedly re-purchased the same game every time an update comes out.

oh sorry ill just leave then

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.