Questions for devs about console versions of KSP

I've been thinking on this question a long time now and I'm finally going to ask.

Will PC users get a free copy of console KSP?

I want to know if there's going to be a program step up to where we send you our gamertags and you send us an invite/free code to get KSP on the consoles, if it will be a limited time, or will we have to buy it?

If you guys are undecided, I have an idea for you, maybe have a limited number of codes? Maybe like ten to fifty thousand?

I would love it if any dev could get to this question as I am super curious as to what you have planned. :)

I'm gonna say...no.

Let's say you own Minecraft on PC for example, do you get a free copy for Xbox360? Of course not.

I can't really see the point in having both anyways. They are exactly the same game besides UI/Controls. If you really prefer something about the console version over the PC version for some reason I encourage you to support the devs and buy a second copy of KSP on the console of your choice. I can assure you with practically 100% confidence that they won't be giving them away for free.

6 hours ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

I'm gonna say...no.

Let's say you own Minecraft on PC for example, do you get a free copy for Xbox360? Of course not.

I can't really see the point in having both anyways. They are exactly the same game besides UI/Controls. If you really prefer something about the console version over the PC version for some reason I encourage you to support the devs and buy a second copy of KSP on the console of your choice. I can assure you with practically 100% confidence that they won't be giving them away for free.

Okay, but Microsoft has been giving away free copys for console of you bug the game for pc and free console versions for people who buy pc.

I am all for supporting the devs, but this question had just been nagging me. And I would really like a dev to answer the question.

Not a dev, but no, PC customers will not be getting free console versions, sorry.

Squad don't even give Steam keys with the Store purchases after March 2013, that should be a fairly clear indication.

Well, that's the thread over I guess, there's not really any need for it.

Closing!