JASA - My career universe

JebKeb

Welcome to JASA, the JebKeb Aeronautical & Space Administration. We commit a large amount of rocketry and aviation, and we know everyone likes fiery stuff so we are trying to set up a space tourism network. We are also exploring the Kerbol system and are trying to place a permanent settlement on Minimus.

I have not posted the early days of the space program because it's boring, but we're now up to about the same level of progress as real life space agencies, so I decided to show you my take on mid career mode.

Well, it looks like tinypic is down, so I'll go over the master plan.

Our present astronauts are

• Jebediah, Bill, Bob, Valentina, Oblong, Jedzer - aboard the KSS
  • Urbel, Haitine, Surine - will be at Minimus One
  • Geogfel, Macly, Ceralla - Backup and tourism, possible Bop One crew

I am going to have an SSTO named Kerbwings IV system to get tourists and small probes to orbit. The SSTO refuels and unpacks at the Kerbal Space Station. At the Kerbal Space Station there are some nuclear power tourist shuttles designed to be able to reach the Mun and back. (It takes more delta-v to go there than Minimus.) On Minimus there will be a research and mining base that will be serviced by a large ore tanker that will also be able to bring tourists to the base; the KSS has a refinery onboard.

Also docked to the KSS is Char, a huge transfer vehicle designed to carry the Mun V exploration vehicle around.

Spoiler

Hermes = Ship from The Martian

Hermes = Mercury

Mercury = Moho

Moho = Char (I think it was it's original name)

Logic

Mun V has a rover for surveying contracts and a ISRU refuelling system.

As well as carrying Mun V, a second Char will carry the Kerbwings V, an SSTO which will be used for the Eve, Jool and Laythe exploration.

If more planets are added, Bop One will be constructed as a M1 on Bop, except with a huge RTG bank instead of solar panels.

Well, let's wrap up now. Pix coming next post.

EDIT: Ermahgerd I was writing this so for so long! Tinypic's back up but I'm too lazy to churn out another post :cool:

Edited by JebKeb

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the pictures. (very pic heavy)

2ltrozm.png

Welcome to the Kerbal Space Centre. We are presently a bit cash strapped...Let's take a look at our astronauts!

2nu0xw1.png

Presently the big four are aboard the Kerbal Space Station (later). Also, we have two other kerbals that travel with Valentina - Oblong, our scientist; and Jedzer, our engineer.

4t7i3c.png

Our other kerbals are on the ground, as backup crew and base personnel. Urbel, Haitine and Surine will be manning Minimus One, due to a rather unfortunate incident involving F5 and tipovers bonding them.

25074th.png

Our technology is the most advanced aerospace engineering on Kerbin. In fact the only.

264qas0.png

We have many contracts with partner aerospace companies. Ahem...aerospace companies...*cough* *cough*..."Sean's Cannery"...

15i1e7d.png

This is the Kerbal Space Station, our main budget blow. (I'm serious.) It will be where all of our ships and shuttles dock. Let's say hello to the inhabitants.

2wnu69t.png

One of our engineers is checking out Char, making sure after delivery char has not broken any engines or solar panels.

210mz9v.png

Commander Jebediah is in the cupola, admiring Kerbin and doing commanderey things.

2i1poc7.png

Oblong and Bob are in the laboratory, analysing solar panel contents or something. Oblong, odd name, isn't it?

2ykypv8.png

Jedzer, Valentina and Bill are in the hitchhiker module. Bill is happy to not be food.

Anyway, that concludes our tour of the Kerbal Space Program. Hopefully our moon shuttle and space shuttle will be up and running so we can gain some money and start the Minimus base and go to Duna.

- JebKeb

• 2 weeks later...

The space program has been rather cash strapped, so we've been developing a fully reusable moon shuttle on Jebediah's copy of KSP. This moon shuttle just been to the Mun, docked to the example target.

35244z6.png

Well, it barely scrapes through with 3 litres of fuel and it doesn't have landing legs, but it is a proof of concept. The real one will have one engine, a probe core and landing legs.

A fuel shuttle is now to be designed, as well as a space shuttle.

I'm not going to upgrade my career to 1.1 until I've got the aerospikes.

Edited by JebKeb

• 3 weeks later...

The spaceplanes have horrible payload margins, so we're switching to rockets - SpaceX style.

2jayu0l.png

Problem is, the landing legs aren't long enough...

I am being serious, anyone able to help on this issue?

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have swept wings? Swept wings at the back with legs at the base of them... or delta wings, use the offset too to lower them.

Or consider chuts on just one side of the rocket, and then land the thing horizontally... enough chutes for 6m/s descent velocity, and it will work if you splash down too, or land on uneven terrain.

It looks like you've got turbojets unlocked, you should be able to get good payload margins with a spaceplane, what gives?

Our barely controlled explosion has been tested OUTSIDE of Jeb's copy of KSP!

2zeh2rn.png

The first kerbal to ride this vehicle was Miti Kerman, a tourist. She is very not dead presently.

Unfortunately we couldn't get any footage of the 1st stage landing because it tipped over and we lost the probe core of it.

wi6iap.png

Because it's too cool to not upload ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.