Where is the Kethane Mod Download

pipercarman

I have recently started playing KSP again and started to get some of the mods I had when I played the game a couple of years ago. But the only one I couldn't find was the Kethane mod. I go onto the forum where the page that Kethane is on but there is a link to Kerbal stuff (which as you know is not working any more). I also checked on the curse mod site and I could not find it there either. Does any one know where I can download this mod a link would be helpful.

8 minutes ago, TimePeriod said:

Stock game has resource harvesting already, so that'd be redundant.

As for the kethane mod, I think its dead.

That is annoying probably going to try the Kerbonite mod as I have heard that it is similar.

Before 1.0, there was Karbonite, and before that there was Kethane. Karbonite was born because Kethane's license was a bit restrictive, so, right now, both mods are up to date, but Kethane is dead, Karbonite is mostly forgotten, and stock mining is thriving.

Yes, mining is stock.... and its inexhaustable (except asteroids), so why bother with Kethane?

You want a kethane powered jet? There are other mods if you want an atmospheric propulsion system that doesn't need oxygen.

Its quite easy to do a simple mod like that on your own (I duplicated and rescaled the goliaths to 1.25m, and turned those into electric fans).

1 hour ago, MegaUZI said:

Before 1.0, there was Karbonite, and before that there was Kethane. Karbonite was born because Kethane's license was a bit restrictive, so, right now, both mods are up to date, but Kethane is dead, Karbonite is mostly forgotten, and stock mining is thriving.

1 hour ago, REMD said:

Well you really should try stock for a moment if you returned after long time :)

Ok didn't realise that there was stock mining.

I do not plan to bother with stock resources as long as Karbonite is maintained; the same way i prefer FAR over stock aero. The mods just seem to be feature-richer and still built of professional quality. What are the advantages of stock for mining over Karbonite, if any? Can MKS-lite be compared to Karbonite, or does it just add more resources? :)

I'm kinda sad that Kethane has gone full Dodo. It had some very nicely made parts and effects, I prefered the look of the drills and the green clouds lifting off them was lovely, and I really liked the power generator that would kick of smoke depending on its load. That was a great look for rovers because they'd actually produce exhaust fumes as they started moving.  I also quite liked the way it was a finite resource. 
But things must change and evolve and it's licencing didn't do it any favours, I just wish that some of the aspects from it (mostly the nicer particle effects and drill housings) had been incorporated into the stock system. 

17 hours ago, pipercarman said:

I have recently started playing KSP again and started to get some of the mods I had when I played the game a couple of years ago. But the only one I couldn't find was the Kethane mod. I go onto the forum where the page that Kethane is on but there is a link to Kerbal stuff (which as you know is not working any more). I also checked on the curse mod site and I could not find it there either. Does any one know where I can download this mod a link would be helpful.

On 3/29/2016 at 7:07 AM, nanobot said:

I do not plan to bother with stock resources as long as Karbonite is maintained; the same way i prefer FAR over stock aero. The mods just seem to be feature-richer and still built of professional quality. What are the advantages of stock for mining over Karbonite, if any? Can MKS-lite be compared to Karbonite, or does it just add more resources? :)

Popping in as the fellow who manages Karbonite (tho lots of very talented folks made the models) and also built stock resources.

The resource system of Karbonite is now stock.  Karbonite offers additional parts as well as the very sweet atmospheric engines (my favorite bits).

MKS-Lite (also one of mine) is a colonization mod that adds more resources and more fun stuff to do :) 

• 3 months later...
On 29/03/2016 at 9:14 PM, ZeroA4 said:

Thank-you! :)

On 30/03/2016 at 1:37 PM, RoverDude said:

Popping in as the fellow who manages Karbonite (tho lots of very talented folks made the models) and also built stock resources.

The resource system of Karbonite is now stock.  Karbonite offers additional parts as well as the very sweet atmospheric engines (my favorite bits).

MKS-Lite (also one of mine) is a colonization mod that adds more resources and more fun stuff to do :) 

Yes, I use those same mods alongside Kethane always have since the begging I just took a break from KSP in favour of Fallout 4!

I was hoping by now they had finished with the constant upgrading I hate installing mods just to have them update and making us all upgrade all the mods.

That hasn't stopped yet I got about 1 day in then they upgraded making me reinstall all the mods that I had just finished upgrading.

I am just trying to up;grade all my usual mods but some are not easy to find thankfully that CKAN mod helps take some work off it.

On 29/03/2016 at 6:35 AM, sebi.zzr said:

I would recommend you MKS-lite,if you want some additional resources,not only stock ore.

I use as many of the USI mods that my rig can handle. https://bobpalmer.github.io/UmbraSpaceIndustries/

On 29/03/2016 at 3:57 AM, TimePeriod said:

Stock game has resource harvesting already, so that'd be redundant.

As for the kethane mod, I think its dead.

Stock game has a few mining parts and that's about all it has, but each to their own I like having Kethane and Karbonite.

On 29/03/2016 at 4:16 AM, REMD said:

Well you really should try stock for a moment if you returned after long time :)

Why?

On 29/03/2016 at 4:42 AM, KerikBalm said:

Yes, mining is stock.... and its inexhaustable (except asteroids), so why bother with Kethane?

You want a kethane powered jet? There are other mods if you want an atmospheric propulsion system that doesn't need oxygen.

Its quite easy to do a simple mod like that on your own (I duplicated and rescaled the goliaths to 1.25m, and turned those into electric fans).

I am not a modder nor do I want to learn, I only wanted to know where to get a certain mod. Why I want it, to be frank, is of no concern to you. I am sure I will use it alongside these other resources and I am sure I will enjoy it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.