Devnotes Tuesday: Hard work and GDC!

SQUAD

Hey gang, I just wanted to point something out.  You mentioned bugs being broadcast on KSPTV.  I can tell you guys feel this is embarrassing however, having watched all of the 1.1 videos my impression of bugs presenting themselves is, "hey look gang we still have work to do," and not, "look at our excrementsty update."  I feel that was the impression it gave.  The videos made me excited but patient as I want you guys to be ready.  Thank you for the sneak-peak, I'm already designing my 300+ part space station in my head.  I love you guys.  Thank you for my favorite game of all time!

awesome devnotes :)

after watching some of the streams I am very impressed with the results of your hard work. got KSP on steam today, cause I´m really exited testing 1.1 pre myself.

Guys, you ROCK!

19 minutes ago, nosirrbro said:

All this hypesplosion and you just kick us in the teeth with 'Sorry nope!'?

Im really dissapointed squad. Really dissapointed. I CAN HANDLE BUGS!

:mad:;.;;.;;.;;.;;.;;.;;.;;.;;.;;.;;.;;.;

It really has been a long update-in-progress, but I guess we can trust Squad that it is for the better and they're trying to avoid the mishaps that have happened before in updates.

10 minutes ago, Majorjim said:

Are you guys for real? Sqaud said nothing about it being today, or tomorrow, you all made incorrect assumptions.

Yeah Squad said before X-Mas 2015 and after that they said it will take a little longer. Its 4 Month now, we where patient enough. Especialy since no experimental can be as buggy as 1.05.

Edited by Crichton

8 minutes ago, Majorjim said:

Are you guys for real? Squad said nothing about it being today..

They didn't explicitly state it, but when do they ever give release dates? They implied it like crazy. Not even trying to be subtle:

Tweets ("Very SoonTM"). Extremely frequent updates to the experimental build (like, minutes apart just before the devnotes). Messing with us in the actual hype thread in the hour or so before the devnotes. SQUAD staff obviously visiting places like the bug reporting guide and the developer articles.

Just now, Columbia said:

It really has been a long update-in-progress, but I guess we can trust Squad that it is for the better and they're trying to avoid the mishaps that have happened before in updates.

Well hang on, Kasper seems to be riding on the troll train based on his twitter and they may just be trying to get a rise out of us...

2 minutes ago, artemisrain said:

Hey gang, I just wanted to point something out.  You mentioned bugs being broadcast on KSPTV.  I can tell you guys feel this is embarrassing however, having watched all of the 1.1 videos my impression of bugs presenting themselves is, "hey look gang we still have work to do," and not, "look at our excrementsty update."

I doubt they feel that embarrassed. You know what is embarrasing? Releasing a game (*cough 1.0 cough*) that wasn't released to a larger test audience and that turned out to be riddled with bugs.

I'm pretty sure very little people think the bugs are embarrassing and most of us are glad that they are this time fixed before the release, not after.

4 minutes ago, Crichton said:

Yeah Squad said before X-Mas 2015 and after that they said it will take a little longer. Its 4 Month now, we where patient enough. Especialy since no experimental can be as buggy as 1.05.

You really, truly think that?

I think maybe you haven't actually seen buggy software, if you think 1.0.5 is bad.

1 minute ago, 5thHorseman said:

I think maybe you haven't actually seen buggy software, if you think 1.0.5 is bad.

Maybe not. but i have seen 1.1 Experimental the last 3 Days on stream. Compared to 1.0.5 its gold. :)

Edited by Crichton

Just now, 5thHorseman said:

Yeah 1.0.5 actually is fine. If you've ever played the prereleases for updates of other games *cough*automation*cough*, you would see 1.0.5 is just fine.

5 minutes ago, KerbonautInTraining said:

They didn't explicitly state it, but when do they ever give release dates? They implied it like crazy. Not even trying to be subtle:

Tweets ("Very SoonTM"). Extremely frequent updates to the experimental build (like, minutes apart just before the devnotes). Messing with us in the actual hype thread in the hour or so before the devnotes. SQUAD staff obviously visiting places like the bug reporting guide and the developer articles.

Yes how dare they use what is now their catch phrase, update their experimental build so the experemental team can test the build, announce in a thread full of fans that an information update is forthcoming. And then to top it off they visited... What? HOW DARE THEY REVIEW THEIR BUG REPORTING GUIDE.

A POX ON THEE, SQUAD!

2 minutes ago, KerbonautInTraining said:

Yeah, no joke, revoke all my previous statements, its out now.

Like, 100% serious, restart steam and go to the betas tab.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH YESSSS@@@@@@!!!!!

OMG I"M UPDATING RIGHT NOW!!!!

Edited by artemisrain

The wheel stress part seems interesting, but seems like it needs work.  Matoroignika streamed the latest build today and the wheels on a plane that worked yesterday exploded after moving all of 5 feet on the runway due to too much stress.  Hopefully a happy balance can be reached, otherwise this seems like a feature that could be really annoying.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.